Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another horrible "poker" reality show in the works...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yet another horrible "poker" reality show in the works...

... this time starring Trishelle (yes, THAT Trishelle) and Amanda Kimmel.

Terrible.

Here is the producer, Josh Kimmel, discussing it frankly on 2+2:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ments-1312502/

... and here's the Pokernews article about it:

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/0...-sho-14491.htm

Josh Kimmel is not related to Amanda Kimmel, who appeared on "Survivor".

Trishelle got involved in poker during the boom (probably to keep herself relevant), and dated Jeff Madsen at one point. She was part of that whole crew that hung out with Joe Sebok and Tiffany Michelle, back in the day.

LOL @ Negreanu and Bloch agreeing to be part of this garbage. Didn't they learn from the embarrassment suffered by Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan in their reality "pilot"?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    somebody post this link and video in the lesbian forum and monitor how they react to it.

Load Metric
    I think it's time for poker high society episode 3

Load Metric
    Only thing I noticed was the studio credit at the end called 'Running Hooks Pictures', which would indicate JJJJ or Quad Jacks. Just an observation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd watch Amanda Kimmel take out the trash wearing an overcoat and toque.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    OBV will be a fail. Amanda Kimmel has pretty white teeth but you can tell her mouth is huge. I bet she can give a mean blowjob.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Branded "RetroMTV: The Real World," the three-day marathon is a kickoff to the upcoming Real World: Portland.

"MTV is marathoning old school Real World this weekend," tweeted one fan. "So my weekend is planned."

The marathon starts Friday, kicking off with the New York pilot season, followed by Las Vegas(Trishelle). And finally, on Sunday at 8 a.m., the San Francisco grand finale begins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    OBV will be a fail. Amanda Kimmel has pretty white teeth but you can tell her mouth is huge. I bet she can give a mean blowjob.

She has a really good body (and apparently she knows it, too, because she wears a lot of short, revealing dresses in the trailer), but her face doesn't do it for me at all.

Also looks older than she is (28).

Load Metric
    She is attractive, with a great body, and I hope she invests her profits in Silicone. She needs to even things out a bit. Solid B/Small C FTW.

Load Metric
    I always seem to have an issue with ANY poker related shows where the characters have an "air" about them that they think they are some slick, deceptive, crafty player. They are degenerate gamblers, with marginal skill, and their looks are going to carry a majority of their "weight".

I actually appreciate the way Negrenau carries himself. He comes across as amicable, with no cockiness or arrogance. He just plays the game.

Load Metric
    2 words- Hottie Equity

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I always seem to have an issue with ANY poker related shows where the characters have an "air" about them that they think they are some slick, deceptive, crafty player. They are degenerate gamblers, with marginal skill, and their looks are going to carry a majority of their "weight".

I actually appreciate the way Negrenau carries himself. He comes across as amicable, with no cockiness or arrogance. He just plays the game.
    I always thought that Danny boy was the sly one at the table because he seems to actually like you and wants to have a conversation, when he's looking for you to give up your hand in breaking your routine. He's a Muse in some ways because you end up paying for his friendship.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I actually don't mind so much when actual great players have some arrogance about their skill, whether it's in poker or anything else.

I do agree that it's really frustrating to watch losing players get on TV and brag about their skill in poker, when in reality you know they could never support themselves if they were forced to make a living on the game itself. As I said on radio last night, a lot of these people (including both of these girls) barely play.

I also agree that Negreanu carries himself well. He is very accessible, so much that he always has a huge rail of people watching him at the WSOP, even in minor events. Unlike guys like Ivey, who completely ignore their rail, Negreanu "performs" for all of them, signs autographs, and interacts with them all. This is really annoying to have going on when you're playing at his table, but I can't deny that he's good to his fans and the game. He also comes off as a genuine, nice guy. I just hate how he gets wrapped up in these stupid and embarrassing fads, such as his current obsession with Choice Center.

Load Metric
    Negrenau might be using his friendliness as a coy plot to get you to like him and not engage him, or talk to him so he can read tells.

Selbst irritates me in the way that she will rarely respond to a player when they try to engage with her vocally, but then SHE will sit there and hem and haw and ask you tons of questions and show annoyance if, heaven forbid, you remain silent. She then does the "look up in the sky eyeroll", ala Dwan. His goofy stare at the ceiling look is absurd.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Daniel Negreanu understands that being friendly chatting up newcomers to poker is good for the game. The key is to make new players want to enter the game and not stay away because of arrogance which many players that have made a big score have. Eventually the arrogance catches up to these people especially if they are just tournament players who have that big score then chunk off $500k in buyins over the next 18 months along with another few hundred grand in travel expenses. Many of these players fall out of poker or have no choice but to seek backing which unless they bink something soon after that they wind up owing so much in makeup that if they do make a score they don't get to enjoy it financially.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I do agree that it's really frustrating to watch losing players get on TV and brag about their skill in poker, when in reality you know they could never support themselves if they were forced to make a living on the game itself.
    Ala Beth Shak.

Load Metric
    actually Druff's quote, but agreed.

Load Metric
    actually Druff's quote, but agreed.
    I noticed I got that wrong.
    What is the song in the background?

If I was just flipping through the channels, I'd definitely give this a try.
    That said I've never seen either of these 2 in any show, period.

Load Metric
    Name:  2staked girls.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  195.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Name:  2staked girls.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  195.2 KB

Thread Information