Thread: Massacre Thwarted at University of Central Florida

Silver
    Load Metric

Massacre Thwarted at University of Central Florida

A planned massacre was thwarted today at the University of Central Florida where a student who had assembled an arsenal, including a high capacity drum magazine and home made bombs, took his own life as cops closed in on him.

James Oliver Seevakumaran, who was in the process of being kicked out of his dorm on the UCF campus, had written out a timeline and elaborate plan for how to harm the greatest number of individuals during the planned attack, university Police Chief Richard Beary said today.

The suspect accumulated multiple weapons, including American Tactical .22 caliber assault rifle and a High Point .45 caliber handgun, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and high capacity magazines, including a drum magazine similar to the type used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/massacre-th...ry?id=18754748

he had a manifesto, discuss.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know.

It's great that nobody except the would-be-murderer got hurt, but it seems to me more that he might have just changed his mind and shot himself in the head instead.

If he was really worried about the police closing in, he could have still gone out and shot as many people as he could before the police took him out.

Silver
    Load Metric
    i concur.

/thread

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't know.

It's great that nobody except the would-be-murderer got hurt, but it seems to me more that he might have just changed his mind and shot himself in the head instead.

If he was really worried about the police closing in, he could have still gone out and shot as many people as he could before the police took him out.
    Read the whole story. He pulled a dorm fire alarm at midnight to get people outside. Then he went to his apartment to get his weapons. His roommate saw him with a gun a called police. The police got to the apartment before he could get back outside to shoot people.

Load Metric
    Being a 30 year old undergrad living in dorms with that last name, you would hope, would have popped him up on someone's radar once he started assembling an arsenal. I don't know the origin of that name, but it sounds SE Asian, or maybe Sri Lankan. Some of those countries are primarily Buddhist, others Muslim. A search provides no clarity as to his surname origin.

Thread Information