Thread: 1 of the most amazing horse races. from last to first

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

1 of the most amazing horse races. from last to first

i've seen many, but this is at the top of the pile. stuff like this just doesn't happen.

FF to 1 minute mark for start of race.

Load Metric
    obv been eating overeem meat.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Like on Super Mario Kart when you're doing a bit shit it gives you a turbo rocket thing and you race into the lead.

Name:  Quelc.gif
Views: 1469
Size:  1.52 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i've seen many, but this is at the top of the pile. stuff like this just doesn't happen.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Oh and i raise with

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddishdonk View Post
    Oh and i raise with

this vid doesn't come close to the one i posted. i kept waiting for something amazing to happen. that race was like watching bumper pool.

Load Metric
    well, the speed was amazing in the first video, but in the second...the fact that the horse kept getting cut off, yet was able to regain his momentum AND sprint the final 5 seconds to beat the others was equally impressive. He got cut off a few times, and most jockeys would have just shut it town after each cut off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Truly a remarkable race. Check out the expressions of the owners

Name:  chi-sosa-bonds-clemens-on-hall-of-fame-ballot--001.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  36.0 KB

Load Metric
    Allow me to retort

One of the greatest head to head battles ever and in a big time race

Last edited by offthetop; 03-18-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Allow me to retort

nice stretch duel in a big race. what i can't help to notice is all the cars parked on the infield grass. that looks like fair type shit. isn't there any parking?

Load Metric
    Allow me to retort

nice stretch duel in a big race. what i can't help to notice is all the cars parked on the infield grass. that looks like fair type shit. isn't there any parking?
    Thats we roll in australasia. Its normal to park on the infield at most tracks. But there normally a lot of parking outside as well. Obv parking on the infield only in summer.

I must admit i prefer our southern hemisphere race callers. They sound like they are paid word per second whereas the north american are a bit to relaxed for my liking
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

Load Metric

I'm not really a fan of horse racing, but this video was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Looks a lot more dramatic due to the Hawthorne deeeeeeeeeeep stretch. But, truly awesome final 1/2 furlong. I have been a track rat for years, mainly through greyhound but played the major horse races and such. The deep stretch closer is great to watch but go for the front speed in your bets. Obv if you wanna see a monster closer search up Zenyatta(below)...she was a sick and twisted filly that pissed on the boys when given the chance.

Load Metric
    Black Caviar will be racing this Friday night at Mooney Valley. Should start as the shortest price favourite in a group 1 race for over 50 years.

This mare really is something special... not the sort of horse that races off the speed and has a barnstorming finish, but races handy to the lead and canters past her opposition in the straight.
    I've never seen a horse win so easily and set race and track records like this, literally wins in a canter.
    Best sprinter in the world!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Black Caviar will be racing this Friday night at Mooney Valley. Should start as the shortest price favourite in a group 1 race for over 50 years.

This mare really is something special... not the sort of horse that races off the speed and has a barnstorming finish, but races handy to the lead and canters past her opposition in the straight.
    I've never seen a horse win so easily and set race and track records like this, literally wins in a canter.

+1

Isnt she being retired soon?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric

+1

Isnt she being retired soon?
    I believe the owners were intending to make this her last campaign... but Moody wont be in a hurry if she keeps winning in such fine style.
    Moody hinted she might race on next year and thinks she's better then she ever was.
    If she keeps winning and doesn't show any signs that she's had enough we'll see her again next year.
    Moody is loving it, all the attention he's getting is doing wonders for his stable... and the owners seem to enjoy going to the races and the attention. From a financial point of view they will sell her once she's finished racing and another year with perhaps another 7 or 8 wins will make her even more valuable on top of the prize-money. It's not about what she's worth but what someone will pay. Realistically as a brood mare she's only worth about $6 or $7 million tops but they could get 2 or 3 times this amount. (only LOL)
    I feel it will be totally up to the horse, if she has another run like the race at Royal Ascot she'll be immediately retired. Moody even hinted they may take her to England again but I seriously doubt it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Once is a freak run

But:

Load Metric
    great closing runs to win at the wire, true...

i still prefer Silky Sullivan in the 1958 Santa Anita Derby (mile & an eighth on dirt) where after 5 furlongs Sullivan trailed by 26 lengths...Sullivan was a stakes racer and his jockey was HOF Willie Shoemaker...Sullivan was a famous closer

youtube has some of the race in a video on Silky, check it out
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-19-2016 at 10:58 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information