Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Booth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    This is totally Rider's fault. I would feel bad for him if say Booth had an excellent track record, but this is ridiculous. This is like inviting Lindgren to your fantasy football league.
    +infinity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am not surprised. The guy has lost his and every shirt he's ever borrowed. Whether cheated or not he's desperate. Pulling of the shenanigans in Vegas is ultra desperate but that's what the desperate do so well.

Load Metric
    Whats Brad Booth do? Take the 30k and quick blow it gambling? Seems like what all these guys do that run like Gods for a while, run up millions, then blow it all. They lost the ability to grind so every time they get a little cash they go to huge games and blow it fast hoping to get back what they once had. Pretty crazy considering this is probably as much as the average american makes in a year and broke ass like him just goes and blows it instantly like its nothing

I have a hard time believing this guy didn't have any idea both was broke. Everybody knew. He saw that booth had a lot of cash on him and took a gamble in attempt to get an extra 30k off the site. He obv should've got the cash up front or at least don't transfers in small incriments. Dealing with that kind of money I would do incrimiments just to be safe no matter who I was dealing with. Can't feel too bad for him. He had a lot of money on there, and with lock's cashout record this was probably money he wouldn't see for a long time anyway.

Load Metric
    Brad's apology:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good find !

He's taking the first step , actually owning up to it.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=TheTemplar;30069]Good find !

He's taking the first step , actually owning up to it.[/QUOTE

Yea, that seemed pretty genuine. I sure hope he binks a score to confirm his intentions are sincere.

@Templar: You surely need to teach me how to quote and add pictures/links lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    haha one day my friend, one day.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Brad's apology:

Haven't we heard this before from him??? I don't buy it one bit. Sounds like Brad just wants to be able to play in the WSOP without being absolutely hammered by the community.

Take this for what it's worth which is my amateur hour attempt at reading his body language:

he blinks way too much (three specific spots where I noticed an increase was at the very begining as he begins his apology and then @ 1:30 when he says "I gambled it all away" and when he said "I'm not looking for sympathy" @ 4:20). Also check out the looking up and to the left @:47 when he says "I had $55,000 to my name". A few otehr things I noticed as well but I'm too lazy to go through and pick the video apart five times.

Down and to the left when he says I don't enjoy being viewed as a scumbag is usually indicative of someone trying to recall a feeling, funny he chokes up at that exact point
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    The man's in a very uncomfortable spot, and he's showing obvious signs of discomfort, not necessarily deception. It would be quite hard for a normal human to publicly admit the things he is admitting to without showing this type of discomfort.

Load Metric
    I don't think he is insincere but also I don't have any sympathy for him. (which is fine, he specifically says he is not looking for sympathy!).

Disregarding body language and eye twitching, his sincerity can be tested in very simple ways. ... "need to be held accountable"... He has now promised he will not (1) drink alcohol, (2) gamble in the pit, and (3) play online... until he is back on his feet and has control of his life.

He has:
    $307 "walking around money"
    $100K in backing for WSOP (with 50-50 split)
    Place to stay for the WSOP

So, what is he proposing? To take 75% of the half of winnings he gets to keep, and use it to "pay back past debt"?

wow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The man's in a very uncomfortable spot, and he's showing obvious signs of discomfort, not necessarily deception. It would be quite hard for a normal human to publicly admit the things he is admitting to without showing this type of discomfort.
    That's why I called it "amateur hour" But my bigger point is we heard this same, I'm sorry, I'm broke, I need to straighten my life out, blah blah blah, before.

Load Metric
    Since I am fairly new to the poker community and was not around for the UB/AB FTP stuff Take my opinion for what it is worth as a set of fresh eyes. IMO he seems to want to make things right but, at the same time with his body posture and all of the things Steve-O mentioned, he seems to almost not care. The whole video to me seems force and by this I mean it is like his backer told him to make this video so that he can play and possibly make them money. If I were backing someone in this situation (I don't even know why I would) I would make dam sure that this was done so he could play. Think about it your backer came to you and said make a video and make it believable so that you can play without all the distractions of people talking shit about you or I will pull my money I am sure most if not all of the good players could make a video just like this. The problem is when things are force there is no real emotion and a person body posture and facial expressions tend to give them away.

@1:40 he sits back and crosses his arms showing a defensive posture. why would a person be defensive unless they are forced to do something they do not want to do. I hope I am wrong and people get their money back but From what I see the whole thing seems forced

Load Metric
    The guy he scammed is currently in the round of 16 in the $10k HU NLHE event... a case of the "I got scammed for $30k run-good?"

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    After watching the You Tube of Brad Booth, my thoughts are these....

If we loath scamming and scammers, then we must allow for redemption (with caution).

He seems to recognize his predicament, knows he was once held in higher regard and realizes that avoidance is only going to put gas on that fire.

Step 1 is [admitting a problem] and doing that publicly takes serious guts. Instead of looking for nitty things to discredit his statement I will accept it (for now) and watch for the actions which must be taken by him to back it up. For that first step I say good on you Brad, that's a step a lot of people with problems NEVER take.

I would liked to have heard him also say that he can't self treat his problem and that he is getting professional help (gamblers anonymous or such). That would be Step 2 [realizing your powerless to fix it without help], maybe he's not there mentally yet.

Brad if you read this then seek that help and demonstrate your actions. You will find the poker community will embrace your efforts (if genuine) and in time you can heal yourself, rediscover your talent and repay your debts, and restore your dignity.

I say best wishes BUT be warned; there is no recovery from DISHONEST appeals for public understanding.

Load Metric
    lol how long until he gets nailed for blackmail. He threatens to out PH once again and then tweets how he got $5000 from him.

http://twitter.com/#!/YukonBrad

some good reading on Haley's blog as well related to PH getting UB money this week but not related to Booth.

http://twitter.com/#!/haley_hintze

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    lol how long until he gets nailed for blackmail. He threatens to out PH once again and then tweets how he got $5000 from him.

http://twitter.com/#!/YukonBrad

some good reading on Haley's blog as well related to PH getting UB money this week but not related to Booth.

http://twitter.com/#!/haley_hintze

Doesn't this look bad for Hellmuth? what is he hiding?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw Brad Booth wandering around the Rio.

I almost went up to him and started talking about the situation, but then I realized that I really didn't have anything to say. I mean, he pretty much copped to everything he did, so what more was there to talk about?

He probably would have talked to me (since we were on good terms when we last spoke), so if you guys have anything you want me to say to him, post it here and I'll see what I can do next time I see him around.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I almost went up to him and started talking about the situation, but then I realized that I really didn't have anything to say. I mean, he pretty much copped to everything he did, so what more was there to talk about?

He probably would have talked to me (since we were on good terms when we last spoke), so if you guys have anything you want me to say to him, post it here and I'll see what I can do next time I see him around.
    Ask if he will come on radio to explain his beef with Hellmuth.

Load Metric

He tweated that Helmuth gave him $5000 the other day after Brad twitter pressured him to meet up. Brad got wind that the Excapsa final payments were recently mailed out and was angry again. Check Haleys blog for details.

Why is Helmuth giving him cash? It seems like a 'feel bad for the guy' type thing to me.

Has Brad stopped his war with Helmuth?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

He tweated that Helmuth gave him $5000 the other day after Brad twitter pressured him to meet up. Brad got wind that the Excapsa final payments were recently mailed out and was angry again. Check Haleys blog for details.

Why is Helmuth giving him cash? It seems like a 'feel bad for the guy' type thing to me.

Has Brad stopped his war with Helmuth?
    He said he wouldn't take $1 million to be quiet but apparently $5000 isn't the same as $1 million so he's technically did not lie.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information