Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Booth

Load Metric
    looks like I have another entry to add...............
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How could somebody not know Brad Booth is busto? Jesus Christ.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    Honestly, these guys are marks. Phil Galfond explained it best when he said these degen live players know all the tricks, and con the Internet guys who simply don't know any better and are used to shuffling funds without even meeting the person they are dealing with. How could you even entertain the idea of shipping someone $13K that you don't know, and who you have to at least know is running on fumes if not totally in debt?

It's not like Brad Booth is a prominent player in poker anymore. FFS if you even know who Brad Booth is you should know his history!
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Yea, I consider myself an avid reader of most poker forums and I had never heard a bad word about Booth. I knew about his claims of losing his roll in the UB scandal but that was it. I apologize for rehashing old news.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is totally Rider's fault. I would feel bad for him if say Booth had an excellent track record, but this is ridiculous. This is like inviting Lindgren to your fantasy football league.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Yea, I consider myself an avid reader of most poker forums and I had never heard a bad word about Booth. I knew about his claims of losing his roll in the UB scandal but that was it. I apologize for rehashing old news.

This story isn't old news! We are just saying that on Rider's part, there is no way he could have not known that Booth was broke, and he owed a ton of $$.

Load Metric
    Understood. Thanks for inserting the page Templar, someday I shall learn how to copy/paste lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Understood. Thanks for inserting the page Templar, someday I shall learn how to copy/paste lol.
    Ha ha no doubt.

Name:  booth.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  75.5 KB

Load Metric
    LOL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ugly story.

I think Booth sent me his phone #. Perhaps I will try to get him on radio and ask him about this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW khalwat, I appreciate you posting the update here (actually before Hey Lurker did, I believe), but your post (and one of mine) got deleted in the thread merge. Not a big deal because your post was pretty much posting the same link as Hey Lurker did, but I wanted to give you credit for being the first one to link the story from here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Anyone know who's WCGRider? Is he a well known pro?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Honestly, these guys are marks. Phil Galfond explained it best when he said these degen live players know all the tricks, and con the Internet guys who simply don't know any better and are used to shuffling funds without even meeting the person they are dealing with. How could you even entertain the idea of shipping someone $13K that you don't know, and who you have to at least know is running on fumes if not totally in debt?

It's not like Brad Booth is a prominent player in poker anymore. FFS if you even know who Brad Booth is you should know his history!
    Name:  JSmith.jpg
Views: 1564
Size:  54.6 KB

sorry couldnt refrain

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Anyone know who's WCGRider? Is he a well known pro?
    doug polk he well know in 2+2 community

and fuck u brad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Name:  JSmith.jpg
Views: 1564
Size:  54.6 KB

sorry couldnt refrain
    Was Justin Smith ever locked up>?

Load Metric
    This is totally Rider's fault. I would feel bad for him if say Booth had an excellent track record, but this is ridiculous. This is like inviting Lindgren to your fantasy football league.
    I hope we dont get too many posts like this as we follow the story here, these kind of posts make the NVG thread totally unreadable. Obviously WCG fucked up but his friend made him feel comfortable with the transfer, he had one successful transfer and thought he could get money quickly off line without paying 10% and went for it. The real story is that Booth is a fucking scum bag, the obvious story that doesnt even really need mention is that WCG fucked up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I hope we dont get too many posts like this as we follow the story here, these kind of posts make the NVG thread totally unreadable. Obviously WCG fucked up but his friend made him feel comfortable with the transfer, he had one successful transfer and thought he could get money quickly off line without paying 10% and went for it. The real story is that Booth is a fucking scum bag, the obvious story that doesnt even really need mention is that WCG fucked up.

The reason I said this, and I don't know if it was harsh or not, but to anyone that has been in the poker world for any amount of time, I thought it was known that Brad Booth is absolutely broke. Numerous threads have been made about it, numerous people have spoke about it, and he has said it numerous times. Your right it is obvious that the real story is Booth is a fucking scumbag. Yet Rider really took a gamble here. This is why I said it was totally Rider's fault.

Do I feel bad for Rider? Yea absolutely, I don't want anyone to get scammed. I have been scammed myself and it fucking sucks.

Load Metric
    I followed this whole thread, here and on 4. I generally follow these things. My perspective on this is different than I think many others on this.

The general theme seems to be WCG lent money to BB and BB didn't pay back and has now disappeared and WCG made a mistake and has learned an expensive lesson.

Here is how I see it. WCG was trying to get money off merge, from a balance of a couple hundred K according to WCG, and saw a way to speed things up by doing a transfer with BB. BB agreed. WCG understood BB had cash and BB was willing to take Merge at par. WCG saw this as a very good deal. The first transfer went fine and the second transfer went not so fine. I imagine there is more to the story, but it seems in the second transfer BB made a choice not to complete the transfer for some reason or maybe he couldn't pay because he didn't have liquid cash any more. Based on the one side of the story we are hearing, it appears that BB is in the wrong, but we are only hearing one side of the story. Who knows? Don't forget, they both have accounts on Merge, and there may be other information that we don't have, perhaps there is some action on the tables that factor into this situation. I'm in no rush to jump to conclusions or judge based on one side of the story and partial information.

But I do think I have seen enough, both now and in general, to understand the real culprit. For me, I see the villain in this piece to be on-line poker sites. These sites take money knowing full well they have no way to ship it back reasonably, if at all (FTP). They spread what they represent to be a fair game, and that is not always the case (UB/AP). We know (or should know and be reminded) that multi-accounting, team play and all kinds of shady stuff happens on-line. The regulation of these sites is pitiful and almost non-existent from such bodies as the AGCC and KGC. So I see this situation all stemming from the difficulties and risks in dealing with on-line sites. If it was easy to move funds in and out, with a real cashier and instant access to funds at all times, like it is with B&M, this situation would never have arisen.

The lesson here is not that lending money to BB or anyone else is dumb and should be avoided becuase people are not trust-worthy. The lesson here is that lending money to online poker sites is dumb and should be avoided because on-line sites are not trust-worthy. Only keep as much money on these sites as you need to be able to play in the game you play. Do not use these sites as a bank account.

Load Metric
    Great post Mad. The really intangible element in all of these scams and scandals is that we really don't know how much has actually been uncovered. The poker community as a whole may only know 10% of the actual crimes (for lack of a better word) that have been committed. Time and time again we still see players that we thought were beyond reproach getting caught. I threw the 10% out there on my own but I would be willing to wager that if all the mid-stakes and high-stakes players were to 'spill the beans', then we would probably realize we have only begun to scrape the tip of the iceberg. Money will always be the motive in poker but I would imagine there are many friends of friends of friends that can still keep their mouths shut and continue to fleece the rest of the poker community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

The reason I said this, and I don't know if it was harsh or not, but to anyone that has been in the poker world for any amount of time, I thought it was known that Brad Booth is absolutely broke. Numerous threads have been made about it, numerous people have spoke about it, and he has said it numerous times. Your right it is obvious that the real story is Booth is a fucking scumbag. Yet Rider really took a gamble here. This is why I said it was totally Rider's fault.

Do I feel bad for Rider? Yea absolutely, I don't want anyone to get scammed. I have been scammed myself and it fucking sucks.
    WCG had a friend who had been playing with Brad and said he had a good amount of cash on him, Im sure he knew Booth was broke but still felt comfortable making the transaction. He fucked up, obviously. More people are popping up in that thread stating Booth pulled the same shit on them and it's likely more are going to come out, seems like Booth has turned into another Chino. He is aware of the thread as people have posted in on his facebook but he snap removes the links and comments about the subject.

Thread Information