Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Samsung S4?

Load Metric

Thoughts on Samsung S4?

The only reason Im considering one is because Apple is firing both barrels at it preemptively, which says to me they are bitch scared in no uncertain terms.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Game changer.

Is it as big as the SIII though? That's like mini-tablet.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Right? Kinda feels that way.

Obv have to wait until April but I think it worth it...

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Obv insure the shit out of it because I hear the screens crack when someone raises their voice with you but I can live with that.

Load Metric
    I'm actually a Moto guy. Gorilla glass is god. The cheap RAZR M has done me well.

I mean it fits in my pocket which is a big requirement for me.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Gold
    Load Metric
    Apple is doomed. The new blackberry z10 is better than an iphone. S4 conference starts at 7pm Eastern Time.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Anyone with a halfway contemporary knowledge of the current malware threatscape has all the excuses they need to avoid Android like the plague.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Anyone with a halfway contemporary knowledge of the current malware threatscape has all the excuses they need to avoid Android like the plague.
    At this point, with the availability of security apps and forensic tools for Android combined with the need to be able to run Metasploit on a portable hand held device, Im comfortable with the risk/reward equity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    I'm actually a Moto guy. Gorilla glass is god. The cheap RAZR M has done me well.

I mean it fits in my pocket which is a big requirement for me.
    Word to big bird. Im willing to give up that convenience for the fucking *video projected keyboard* adfkjlSDJLKFDSJLKFKSDJFDFJKS

Game done changed.

Load Metric
    So far, from the leaks that I have seen the past few days, the S IV seems to be slightly bigger than my S III. 5.0 screen compared to 4.8, I believe.

It has all the features of the S III, except it has a few tricks that are nice to have but not critical. I saw one feature where if you are watching a video, and you turn your head away from the screen (your body is out of sight from the camera), it will pause the video you were watching.

Also, it apparently can use that camera to read your eyes, and as your eyes move down the screen while you are reading type, it will scroll the page down for you, without you having to use your fingers to swipe the text downward. Nice feature if it works properly.

It also allows you to "click" on something where instead of you putting your fingertips on the screen, you hover your fingertips over the screen for maybe a second, and it registers as a touch.

EDIT: link to videos

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/g...touch-and-sma/

Load Metric
    Im pretty sure the eye tracking will be super buggy but Im sure it can be disabled.

The size of the screen is worrisome because its going to make a notoriously fragile item infinitely more fragile, but as long as I can get insurance on it, fuck it.

The camera is god, 2gig of ram worries me tho... if I can get that upgraded, Im fucking sold.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got the S3 and overall it's a great phone. They are far away from launching S4 probably six months or so if I had to guess 2013 4Q seems about right so the phone could still see some more changes besides what you see now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I got the S3 and overall it's a great phone. They are far away from launching S4 probably six months or so if I had to guess 2013 4Q seems about right so the phone could still see some more changes besides what you see now.
    S4 dropping in stores in April apparently.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    S4 dropping in stores in April apparently.
    I haven't been paying much attention so I didn't realize it was that soon. If I was Samsung I'd capitalize on the S3 more before launching that.

Load Metric
    I had the same reaction at first but the S4 is such a quantum leap beyond the S3 that I kinda get it. Plus I think they want to make absolutely sure that the pressure is on Apple to make their next gen iPhone something legit space age and as of now, Apple has nothing counter the S4 offering.

Load Metric
    I love my s3 to pieces. Its sturdy too. The screen has been fine in with my rough job. Also the Apple execs spazzing out this far from launch is sensational

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Thats a big phone, looks.......meh. technological marvel? with out a doubt.

I would concider getting one of these or the sIII if it had synergy with some apple products we have......I guess this is what happens with products like these, makes for difficult and costly change over.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information