Thread: Full Tilt player reimbursement process has finally begun

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Full Tilt player reimbursement process has finally begun

DOJ Finally Anounces How To Get your FULL TILT MONEY

"The Garden City Group, Inc. has been retained to serve as the Claims Administrator of the funds forfeited..."

"The victim claims process will begin shortly. Information about the claims administration will be posted on this website. Click here to register to receive email notification regarding the commencement of the claim process and other important information.

Please continue to check this website for updates regarding this administration. Once the claim process begins, claimants will be able to submit Petitions for Remission electronically through this website."

http://www.fulltiltpokerclaims.com/
    Last edited by bukowski72; 03-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Looks like a yebsite.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    And DOJ Announces How to Get your Full Tilt Money:
    http://www.fulltiltpokerclaims.com/
    Where did you find this? That website looks sketchy as hell.
    Post 5389 by Alex_Striker in this thread:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29.../index359.html

Garden City Group Main Site:
    http://www.gcginc.com/

Announcement by SDNY:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pres...alMasterPR.php

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Website looks similar to ones I've seen in the past for US insolvency refunds and the like- they tend to be no frills because why faff around setting up a fancy website for a single purpose- it's not like they're trying to build a brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't get too excited. That doesn't mean you're getting your money. The DOJ has only completed its first step -- choosing a Claims Administrator. That only took them 8 months.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pres...alMasterPR.php

Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced today that the United States has retained the Garden City Group (“GCG”) to serve as Claims Administrator to oversee the process of compensating eligible victims of the fraud committed by Full Tilt Poker against United States players.
    Garden City Group is a class action settlement company, which somewhat bothers me. I hope that this isn't handled like a class action settlement, as in those cases the plaintiffs in the "class" only get a percentage of the overall settlement, with the rest going to the attorneys and claim processors.

I still believe, however, that we will get paid 100%. It will just take awhile.

I suggest that everyone go to this site: http://www.fulltiltpokerclaims.com/

... and register your e-mail address to get notification with developments regarding the refund process.

You can also call (866) 250-2640 for automated information.

It will still be a long time before we see any money, but this is an important first step.

Load Metric
    So if someone told you to guess when you were getting paid, what date would you give?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
    So if someone told you to guess when you were getting paid, what date would you give?
    +1, I highly value druffs opinion or guess here because he has been pretty spot on with how things would go all along

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It seems like they might want to get players paid by the end of the year for tax purposes but with the DOJ wtf knows.

Load Metric
    Thanks, Druff. This is an area where this site excels.

(not dead yet!)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It seems like they might want to get players paid by the end of the year for tax purposes but with the DOJ wtf knows.
    I don't believe this to be the case.

Many have long insisted that Black Friday would eventually be connected to (or at least resulting in) some sort of IRS sting operation against tax-dodging poker pros.

I have never felt this to be true.

While it would seem to make sense for the DOJ and IRS to cooperate in this effort (thus ensuring more money flowing into government coffers), it usually doesn't work that way.

Government agencies are notoriously self-serving. The DOJ does not give a shit about the IRS. The DOJ only cares about taking in money directly through these busts (which has already happened), thus giving them bragging rights regarding how effective the office has been.

I think taxes are the last thing on the DOJ's mind regarding this situation.

I do believe, however, that the DOJ is possibly intentionally dragging their feet, thus reducing the number of claims that they will have to pay. The longer time that passes, the fewer people will claim their money.

Load Metric
    What China said on the radio worked fine about getting the transaction history.
    I wasn't sure how I'd get to prove my balance.

I think I'm still F'ed on 2k of it. I w/drew 2k on 4-11.
    I wasn't going to cash it if it showed up, but I never even got a check.
    I now have proof of the w/drawl to go along w/an email from FTP cust service stating they will pay that.
    I see the FTP pts are still good, but I still had like $ 600 in tournament dollars/prepaid tourney's that I'm pretty sure I lost, too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hope GCG is smart enough to hire some former FTP employees as consultants, or otherwise they will be scratching their heads for a long period of time, trying to figure everything out.

This whole thing is such a clusterfuck, between the player balances, uncleared deposits, uncleared withdrawals, FTP points, tournament tickets, etc.

They really need to bring someone in with knowledge of the whole thing to explain it and stay on board to answer questions during the process.

I imagine they won't do this, and they will probably prefer to bill the government for the massive amount of time and effort it will take to sort all of this out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I imagine they won't do this, and they will probably prefer to bill the government for the massive amount of time and effort it will take to sort all of this out.
    This is how things work. The company that won the bid will no doubt spend a fairly high chunk of change thanking the decision makers for granting them the contract. Boondoggles galore during the entire process. GCG and the government arm that is financing them will keep it going as long as possible, neither will do anything that will embarrass the other. The government people want to spend as much as possible because their salaries are tied to their budget. The more they spend the more they can justify higher salaries and bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    According to "DiamondFlush", a poker reporter who runs diamondflushpoker.com:

1) The DOJ will probably pay out so-called "limbo balances" -- money that was cashed out by players, removed from their balances, but never received due to Black Friday.

2) The so-called "phantom balances" -- money owed TO Full Tilt by players who received credit for deposits but were never billed, will be ignored by the DOJ/GCG distribution process. Pokerstars (who now owns Full Tilt) will attempt to collect this money on its own.

3) Pokerstars offered to pay back Full Tilt players itself and then get the money back from the DOJ later, but the DOJ rejected this offer.

DiamondFlush said these things on a recent podcast.

Load Metric

1) The DOJ will probably pay out so-called "limbo balances" -- money that was cashed out by players, removed from their balances, but never received due to Black Friday.

2) The so-called "phantom balances" -- money owed TO Full Tilt by players who received credit for deposits but were never billed, will be ignored by the DOJ/GCG distribution process. Pokerstars (who now owns Full Tilt) will attempt to collect this money on its own.

3) Pokerstars offered to pay back Full Tilt players itself and then get the money back from the DOJ later, but the DOJ rejected this offer.

These Goverment Forensics teams are wizards. And they probably figured it all out with ease.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Funny thing is I reported all of this word for word about a year ago and Diamond Flush discredited me saying I was lying

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Can you link to podcast?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...l#post32966162

Thread Information