Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Daniel Negreanu and Antonio Esfandiari involved with a cult?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I should explain the "F" rating from the BBB.

It's not as bad as it seems, but still doesn't make Choice look good.

Basically, the BBB received 3 complaints about Choice. The exact details of these complaints was not provided, but were placed in the category "Problems with Product / Service".

Presumably, all three complaints were people who paid for Choice, realized it was complete bullshit, demanded their 2600 dolla back, and were denied.

The first complaint was in 2010. That one was "resolved with BBB assistance". Presumably, Choice gave the person some or all of their money back, just to avoid the dreaded "F" BBB rating.

A second complaint came in 2011. Again, the BBB contacted Choice, but they refused to "resolve" the issue. I'm guessing that Choice realized that this would be an ongoing problem if people could simply complain to the BBB every time they wanted their seminar money back, so they told the BBB (and the disgruntled customer) to go kick rocks.

A third complaint came in 2012. The BBB again contacted Choice, but they did not respond. Presumably, Choice decided that they were going to ignore all BBB complaints after they couldn't come to terms with the previous one.

Why the "F" rating?

The BBB apparently gives your business an F rating if you refuse to respond to them after a long period of time, refuse to resolve the complaints, or a combination of both. So despite the fact that there were just 3 complaints (1 of which was resolved), the BBB still gives them an F.

Definitely Choice deserves a low rating for their recent lack of cooperation with the BBB, but I really think "F" should be reserved for businesses with a large number of complaints in comparison to its size. For example, if I started a small business selling computers, and they got 50 complaints about me in 6 months, that would warrant an F rating. Three complaints should never warrant an F rating, unless there is direct evidence that the company is literally stealing from its customers.

I wouldn't be so quick to put full credence in a Better Business Bureau rating. This article from 2013 discusses how some BBB offices use negative ratings, or the threat of them, to try to extort money out of businesses.
    http://business.time.com/2013/03/19/...f-a-bad-grade/
    I wasn't putting full credence in them at all.

Above you will see that I mentioned that you automatically get an "F" if you stop responding to them. So even absent the financial angle, they are blackmailing you with a "talk to us or else" angle.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I wasn't putting full credence in them at all.

Above you will see that I mentioned that you automatically get an "F" if you stop responding to them. So even absent the financial angle, they are blackmailing you with a "talk to us or else" angle.
    Understood. And good luck in the Colossus (sp?).
    TID.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Did anyone see this challenge on twitter? There were a bunch of comments from pro's weighing in on it. Pretty much a freeroll unless you think Choice Center will brainwash you...

Update: The Choice Center piece got removed, still an interesting prop bet.

Name:  dnegs.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  87.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hotshott74; 07-06-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Amusing interaction on 2+2

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth
    Hi DNegs and Everyone Else's:

I have a suggestion for you and that is to read (and understand) two books. They are:

1984 by George Orwell

And

Free to Choose by Milton Friedman.

These books have benefited billions (and that's not a misprint) of people and should be far more beneficial to anything the Choice Center claims to do for you. Also, this website operates on the principals that Milton Friedman presents in Free to Choose.

Best Wishes,
    Mason
    Quote Originally Posted by DNegs
    You didn't attend ChoiceCenter so claiming that these books should be far more beneficial to anything you could learn at ChoiceCenter is akin to me saying chocolate tastes better than vanilla, without ever having tasted vanilla. You have first hand knowledge of what the books offer, but absolutely no first hand knowledge of what ChoiceCenter offers.

As for your book recommendations, I read a lot and am always open to suggestions from people I respect. I don't typically read fiction, though, and the source matters to me when it comes to recommendations. A book recommendation from you would be akin to me hiring an overweight, unhealthy personal trainer. I don't look at your life as a model for how I would ever live mine. If I wanted to be the type of person who always must get the best of it, sue people rather than compromise, or just teach me how to be extremely socially awkward, then you would be my first phone call.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I asked Phil Hellmuth on his Twitch stream today Why his agent and Daniel are so into Choice Center and if they have some sort of financial interest in Choice Center?

Phil seemed to offer quite an endorsement on Choice Center saying he sent his 2 sons to Choice Center and he would go to Choice Center if he wasn't so busy crushing poker, and he is doesn't want to change anything because he does do so well at poker. He wouldn't acknowledge or answer the question regarding what kind of financial arrangement if any his agent or other players may have for promoting Choice Center.

Thread Information