Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want a 2 liter with that pizza you ordered? Dictator Bloomberg has now banned that too!

Load Metric
    troll odv dude im from chicago......

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    troll odv dude im from chicago......
    Name:  barakhugitout.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  25.8 KB

Load Metric
    Anybody that thinks that banning somthing for peoples own good is a plausible idea in this day and age is one misguided individual, in Canada when the government dosent like something because it has health risks and potental expenses down the road, say like tobacco, alcohol, feul, large soft drinks will get a healthy tax hike for instance a pack of I think twenty smokes will cost $11 or a liter of vodka will cost $35 fast food also shares a similar tax.

The thing is everything in America that is bad for you is very inexpensive OBV if it was taxed more people would indulge less that's how it works here. Nothing's perfect though in all societies. unemployed drug addicts can have $500 a day habits.

So if those fatties really want there super big gulp they will find a way to get it.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Anybody that thinks that banning somthing for peoples own good is a plausible idea in this day and age is one misguided individual, in Canada when the government dosent like something because it has health risks and potental expenses down the road, say like tobacco, alcohol, feul, large soft drinks will get a healthy tax hike for instance a pack of I think twenty smokes will cost $11 or a liter of vodka will cost $35 fast food also shares a similar tax.

The thing is everything in America that is bad for you is very inexpensive OBV if it was taxed more people would indulge less that's how it works here. Nothing's perfect though in all societies. unemployed drug addicts can have $500 a day habits.

So if those fatties really want there super big gulp they will find a way to get it.
    Never heard that Canada taxes large softdrinks at higher rate.

That being said I think it is a fine line. There have been plenty of bans on cancer causing chemicals. I mean you don;t see many complaining about the new york ban on transfats.... Problem is people (including myself) aren;t willing to give up soda even if it is best for us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

Never heard that Canada taxes large softdrinks at higher rate.

That being said I think it is a fine line. There have been plenty of bans on cancer causing chemicals. I mean you don;t see many complaining about the new york ban on transfats.... Problem is people (including myself) aren;t willing to give up soda even if it is best for us.
    Ya I made that one up but a 2 liter of coke is I think $4, we don't drink it so I can't say for sure. we use a soda stream for carbonated beverages and rarly use mix in alcohol.

I did however find this quote:
    Provinces that propose to tax sugary beverages may increase their general revenues; but as a strategy to reduce the severe chronic illness and huge financial costs associated with obesity, it will fail to accomplish anything -- except expanding the power of bureaucrats.

And this
    The biggest target of obesity in North America? Soda. Many experts now claim that soda is the new tobacco -- indeed, Google those terms and you get more than 7 million hits. For them, Coke is the new Camel. Let me take a step back and note the basic problem in fighting obesity like we fought tobacco.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 03-12-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Theaters owners are "elated" over a court ruling blocking Mayor Michael Bloomberg's ban on the sale of sugary drinks 16 oz. and larger in New York City.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ombergs-427321
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Thread Information