Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want a 2 liter with that pizza you ordered? Dictator Bloomberg has now banned that too!

Platinum
    Load Metric

Want a 2 liter with that pizza you ordered? Dictator Bloomberg has now banned that too!

You just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-...ghtclub-mixers

Starting March 12, New Yorkers will no longer be able to purchase two-liter bottles of soda with their pizzas, thanks to a new ban being put into place by Mayor Mike Bloomberg, the New York Post reported Sunday.

According to the Post, pitchers of soft drinks normally used to service multiple people and some bottle-service mixers used in clubs will also be banned under the new rules.

Last week, the city Health Department began sending notices to businesses affected by Bloomberg's latest ban, and, the Post said, "merchants were shocked to see the broad sweep of the new rules."

“It’s not fair. If you’re gonna tell me what to do, it’s no good,” Steve DiMaggio of Caruso’s in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn told the Post. “It’s gonna cost a lot more.”

But the ban will also force families to spend more money for smaller bottles of soda.

Instead of paying three dollars for a two-liter bottle of Coke, for example, consumers will have to pay $7.50 for six 12-ounce cans.

“I really feel bad for the customers," Lupe Balbuena of World Pie said.

Robert Bookman, a lawyer for the New York City Hospitality Alliance, called the ban "ludicrous."

“It’s a sealed bottle of soda you can buy in the supermarket. Why can’t they deliver what you can get in the supermarket?” he asked.

The Post said Bloomberg's rules are "hard to unravel."

"Alcoholic drinks and diet sodas are not subject to the ban, nor are fruit smoothies if they don’t have added sweetener, or coffee drinks and milkshakes if made with 50 percent milk," the Post said.

As for drinks with small amounts of sugar, businesses must ensure there are no more than 3.125 calories per ounce.

Those violating the rules face a $200 fine for each violation.

The Post depicted Bloomberg as a Victorian-era Mary Poppins-like nanny with the caption, "Mayor Poppins' rules"

A post at Twitchy said that "New York is no longer the Big Apple; it’s the Big Brother."

In a post at Michelle Malkin's website, Doug Powers expressed surprise that Bloomberg would allow home delivery of pizzas.

"Bloomberg is still going to allow pizzas to be delivered? Unbelievable. It seems like the obesity from the pizza combined with the global warming from the delivery vehicle would be enough to convince The Nanny to put a stop to it. Maybe that’s next."
    Has this idiot lost his fucking mind? What is next mandatory gym time every week? Government workers coming to your house and telling you what you can and can't eat??

Is this what he ran on? Banning everything this out of touch dumb fuck thinks is bad for you?

Where does it end??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Terrible.

But I think it's gay to order soda as part of your pizza delivery. If you want soda, buy it at the store when you do the rest of your shopping.

And are the pizza places really charging $7.50 for a 6-pack of soda over there? Wow.

I absolutely never order drinks as part of any delivery, and I also never do so as part of take-out, unless I'm on the road.

Load Metric
    soda is so inexpensive that it seems like a waste of money to use a coupon for a 2 litter, when around here, I got 12pcs of wings with a 16" pizza using a coupon. Go stock up on $.99 sodas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    soda is so inexpensive that it seems like a waste of money to use a coupon for a 2 litter, when around here, I got 12pcs of wings with a 16" pizza using a coupon. Go stock up on $.99 sodas.
    Yup, you can usually get some great deals on pizzas with a coupon or online code. Anything that involves a soda usually sucks, even if it is part of a "deal".

Like I will get these fail offers where you can get a large pizza, wings, and a soda for $19.99, when you can get the large pizza and wings separately for like $14 total.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'd never order a 2 liter with my pizza either, but this is still mighty fucking stupid for a governmental body to impose this kind of control on its people the way Bloomberg has been doing.

Name:  ny.jpg
Views: 3186
Size:  55.2 KB

Didn't loser Bloomberg even ban giving food donations to homeless shelters because he was worried about monitoring the salt content of the food?? Seriously.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember when American Dad had those newspaper headlines during its first season, and one read, "NYC Bans Trans Fats, Fat Trannies Still OK".

Load Metric
    Ridiculous. Still the greatest city in the world tho
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddishdonk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I remember when American Dad had those newspaper headlines during its first season, and one read, "NYC Bans Trans Fats, Fat Trannies Still OK".
    First few times I saw American Dad, I thought it was the worst. The late night Adult Swim replays showed me how wrong I was. Way better than Family Guy in recent years, I'd say.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    First few times I saw American Dad, I thought it was the worst. The late night Adult Swim replays showed me how wrong I was. Way better than Family Guy in recent years, I'd say.
    I put Roger right up there with Beavis and Butthead and Cartman as far as funniest characters in a cartoon series.

Off the subject... Anyone hear if B&B is ever coming back? The last season they did was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

The ban is ridiculous. What a dumb fuck Bloomberg is for doing this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    2 Liters are such a rip off from a pizza place.

Load Metric
    Bloomberg has done a lot for that city but this is just ridiculous.

The food-related edict of his that I like is requiring restaurants to put calorie and fat numbers on their menus. Packaged food has that info readily visible. I can't remember if the NYC rule is for fast food, sit down restaurants, or both. People should be free to eat anything they want. But the content of what you're eating should be shown to you before you order it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

The food-related edict of his that I like is requiring restaurants to put calorie and fat numbers on their menus. Packaged food has that info readily visible. I can't remember if the NYC rule is for fast food, sit down restaurants, or both. People should be free to eat anything they want. But the content of what you're eating should be shown to you before you order it.
    This likely is the first reasonable post you have made in years.

The last time I was in the lower Manhattan I went to the Friday's there. They had the caloric intake of their appetizers on the menu. Basically they were like 2 Big Macs, and they were only appetizers. I saw some fat guy that night eat some cheese sticks by his-self and that was like 800 calories and then he ordered his cheese devoured Kobe beef. Unreal.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

There's hope for you then. Should we start looking around leap day 2016?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

The last time I was in the lower Manhattan I went to the Friday's there. They had the caloric intake of their appetizers on the menu. Basically they were like 2 Big Macs, and they were only appetizers. I saw some fat guy that night eat some cheese sticks by his-self and that was like 800 calories and then he ordered his cheese devoured Kobe beef. Unreal.

Speak for yourself. Like others, I don't agree with some of what DirtyB says (especially politically), But he is far from unreasonable. Several people don't agree with me in some ways, but I don't hold it against them - unless they choose to come off as a complete d-bag asshole (I.E. Limitles).

And yes, I do 100% agree with the fact that nutritional information should be displayed in restaurants etc and pretty much everything you eat when reasonably possible. I have been appalled lately reading the actual nutritional info that some fast food restaurants serve which they claim to be 'healthy'. I have been periodically visiting a nutritionist advised through my doctor and have been advised to keep tabs on my daily salt intake. Good grief that is fucking hard, and anyone else who is watching their salt knows exactly what I am talking about- it really helps put in reality though the lifestyle changes that I need to make to meet my goals.

Load Metric
    When liberalism is finally declared a religion the way it should be, we can get a handle on all this. You may now resume breaking several laws you don't think make any sense, like every other American.

Silver
    Load Metric

Smile

Terrible.

But I think it's gay to order soda as part of your pizza delivery. If you want soda, buy it at the store when you do the rest of your shopping.

And are the pizza places really charging $7.50 for a 6-pack of soda over there? Wow.

I absolutely never order drinks as part of any delivery, and I also never do so as part of take-out, unless I'm on the road.
    You've been told people

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    When liberalism is finally declared a religion the way it should be, we can get a handle on all this. You may now resume breaking several laws you don't think make any sense, like every other American.
    Maybe I misunderstand how conservatism and liberalism works. I often say that I'm a social liberal and fiscal conservative. I thought that meant letting people pretty much do what they want without much government interference, and not going too crazy with spending.

I'm confused because I keep seeing Democrats behave like social conservatives and Republicans like fiscal liberals.

Thread Information