Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots

Load Metric

Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots

Load Metric
    Just bring in Myles Kennedy. Guy's a pro and has a great set of pipes.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    It's gotta be tremendously frustrating being in a band like that, where you've made a fraction of what you should have, could have been a transcendent band, and you have countless future millions dependent upon a junkie. You either deal with the great chance he'll fuck your tour up at some point and half the venues will end up suing you, or you go out on tour as a shell of the band. No real good decision. The "functional junkie" ala Keith Richards of yesteryear is the exception. The rest are just so fucking sloppy and undependable.

Load Metric
    I thought I remembered an interview he gave on Howard Stern several years ago where he said that he has a ton of money he owes for child support and alimony. This will be a massive setback for him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I thought I remembered an interview he gave on Howard Stern several years ago where he said that he has a ton of money he owes for child support and alimony. This will be a massive setback for him.
    Will 2013 find recovering rock stars in dire financial straits?
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osure-20130226
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Will 2013 find recovering rock stars in dire financial straits?
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osure-20130226
    Next you're gonna tell me that former athletes might be in financial problems as well!

Load Metric
    Scott just released a statement in response to STP's press release this morning -- in which the band claims they "officially terminated" Weiland from the group.

Scott said, "I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press."

He added, "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted, and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out."

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Scott just released a statement in response to STP's press release this morning -- in which the band claims they "officially terminated" Weiland from the group.

Scott said, "I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press."

He added, "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted, and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out."

Here I will explain it for your dope fiend ass....the rest of the band quit and won't play with you anymore, so while you might not be "fired" you are still looking for employment. Same end result.

Go stick another fucking needle in your arm loser.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Guy is a total junk box. Core was good. Purple was decent.

But they suck at being a band.

That Sarah Michelle fellar vid was terrible too

Load Metric
    massive amounts of drugs be spensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Back in late 2002, me and the Kunt were at the Orpheum Theater in Boston to see STP. No opener, just An Evening With. We were outside killing time, I was probably still smoking butts, and we were just a few feet from the band's buses. Shit was running late anyway, but not like Guns N Roses late or anything. When the door to what ended up being Scott's bus opened, we pretty much figured tonight was gonna be one of the last STP shows, if they even had one. Weiland looked baaad. Pale as fuck, had guys at his side guiding/carrying him, making sure he didn't fall, black hat topping off his gaunt, sick-looking face. They got off the bus, went in whatever side door they went into, I can't remember, and me and kunt were standing there all "oh SHIT!" A bad "oh shit," like I can't possibly believe that guy's gonna make it through a 2 hour show. Shit, he didn't look like he could make it to the building by himself, never mind finish off this tour that had a good bunch of dates left. We went inside having no idea what the fuck we were gonna see.

What we saw was classic STP. Scott came out, shirt was off right away, he was his normal ripped like a mofo self, doing his weiland dance all over the place, sounded strong, everything was all fucking aces. STP was a powerful tight live band the times I saw them, and this was so much better than we had hoped for, given the ghost we had just seen. No idea what they did to him back stage, maybe a half quart of coke, maybe a couple shots of adrenaline, who the fuck knows, but it worked amazingly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Back in late 2002, me and the Kunt were at the Orpheum Theater in Boston to see STP. No opener, just An Evening With. We were outside killing time, I was probably still smoking butts, and we were just a few feet from the band's buses. Shit was running late anyway, but not like Guns N Roses late or anything. When the door to what ended up being Scott's bus opened, we pretty much figured tonight was gonna be one of the last STP shows, if they even had one. Weiland looked baaad. Pale as fuck, had guys at his side guiding/carrying him, making sure he didn't fall, black hat topping off his gaunt, sick-looking face. They got off the bus, went in whatever side door they went into, I can't remember, and me and kunt were standing there all "oh SHIT!" A bad "oh shit," like I can't possibly believe that guy's gonna make it through a 2 hour show. Shit, he didn't look like he could make it to the building by himself, never mind finish off this tour that had a good bunch of dates left. We went inside having no idea what the fuck we were gonna see.

What we saw was classic STP. Scott came out, shirt was off right away, he was his normal ripped like a mofo self, doing his weiland dance all over the place, sounded strong, everything was all fucking aces. STP was a powerful tight live band the times I saw them, and this was so much better than we had hoped for, given the ghost we had just seen. No idea what they did to him back stage, maybe a half quart of coke, maybe a couple shots of adrenaline, who the fuck knows, but it worked amazingly.

there is a lot of caffeine in Coke it probably woke him up

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Alice Cooper used to sadly be like that as well.

He was so fucked up pre-show, that he would drink over a bottle of whiskey a day. Sometimes two bottles.

He was so drunk during one show that while twirling around a sword, he went to put it back in the sheath on his hip and missed. He didnt realize he put the sword through his thigh until the guitarist motioned to him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

I don't think that was the type of "Coke" they gave him.

They probably had 2 huge lines waiting for him backstage to get him going.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw them 2 or 3 times in the 90s. Once was mid 90s at their peak and another was late 90s and they were still very good.

Guy has been pretty fucked up for a long time and I am surprised this hadn't happened sooner. They are a great band but what kind of venues are they touring at nowadays?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

I don't think that was the type of "Coke" they gave him.

They probably had 2 huge lines waiting for him backstage to get him going.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's what I was thinking because if CD meant half a quarter that would be an eight ball which if he had done an eight ball before the show it would have killed him instantly,
    actually they probably all did some to help the performance

was it Blondie (Debbie Harry) that said she spent $2 million the year for coke before she quit

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    I was just making up some outlandish number, picturing a massive pitcher of powder that he practically antiqued himself with just to wake up.

And when I say pitcher full of cocaine, I don't mean Oil Can Boyd, either. Like a pitcher full of beer, with cocaine in place of the beer..

Load Metric
    I was just making up some outlandish number, picturing a massive pitcher of powder that he practically antiqued himself with just to wake up.

And when I say pitcher full of cocaine, I don't mean Oil Can Boyd, either. Like a pitcher full of beer, with cocaine in place of the beer..

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Name:  556526_10151116246191768_2030879356_n.jpg
Views: 3600
Size:  36.8 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  556526_10151116246191768_2030879356_n.jpg
Views: 3600
Size:  36.8 KB

Which one is he?

Thread Information