Thread: Rounders Recut

Banned
    Load Metric

Rounders Recut

Bankroll management is a lesson that Mike McDermot never bothered to learn. Now he finds himself in the worst kind of trouble with the worst guy: Worm.

Load Metric
    Dude, great work. Ship it into a time capsule and send to 1998.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Good work sir, the first Re-cut I ever saw is still my favorite.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    really great work

might have to fire up the ol dvd player tonight and watch rounders for the 98th time
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    really great work

might have to fire up the ol dvd player tonight and watch rounders for the 98th time
    Sell the dvd player and pay vegas $50...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If anyone cares Matt Damon and Edward Norton are a go for Rounders 2 which has been confirmed to be made today:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/mira...unting-series/

Pokerfuse article write up is better:

http://pokerfuse.com/news/media-and-...n-light-16-12/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    If anyone cares Matt Damon and Edward Norton are a go for Rounders 2 which has been confirmed to be made today:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/mira...unting-series/

Pokerfuse article write up is better:

http://pokerfuse.com/news/media-and-...n-light-16-12/
    Sounds low EV.

Name a successful poker movie since Rounders.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Sounds low EV.

Zero! The thing is I wouldn't rule out this movie completely as being a total fail since it could suck but still be successful (grossing $$$) due to the fact Rounders is considered a popular movie among not just poker players and a sequel will still peak some folks interest with it having Damon and Norton in it. Rounders was a bomb at the box office but grossed a lot of money after the that and has some name recognition that none of these other movies since have had.

Many movies on poker have been low budget indies or documentaries that aren't destined to be successful in any way except for people who care about the game and even those people like myself will be huge critics to them. With name recognition, Rounders 2 could see some success and even if it sucks as a film if it brings in like 50k new players to the game that is more dead money which is always a great thing for the poker economy.

Comments

ThreeBet: gets it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Sounds low EV.

Zero! The thing is I wouldn't rule out this movie completely as being a total fail since it could suck but still be successful (grossing $$$) due to the fact Rounders is considered a popular movie among not just poker players and a sequel will still peak some folks interest with it having Damon and Norton in it. Rounders was a bomb at the box office but grossed a lot of money after the that and has some name recognition that none of these other movies since have had.

Many movies on poker have been low budget indies or documentaries that aren't destined to be successful in any way except for people who care about the game and even those people like myself will be huge critics to them. With name recognition, Rounders 2 could see some success and even if it sucks as a film if it brings in like 50k new players to the game that is more dead money which is always a great thing for the poker economy.

True, I loved this movie way before I loved poker. but that one had big stars, Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore and fucking Robert Duvall???? How do you F up a movie w/Robert Duvall in it? That movie sucked so bad.

They can really do a lot w/this story though. Poker has changed so much since 1998.
    I'm envisioning Matt Damon like a young Chip Reece, went to vegas post Rounders and made it,
    Multiple bracelets, maybe made a ME final table, etc, a respectable poker player. recognized on TV.

Where Ed Norton can be like the Mike Matasow of poker, only worse.

Load Metric
    http://t.co/ay2CJWOEkQ
    "Rounders 2" to be Made "Instantaneously"

December 16, 2013Rich RyanSHARE:FacebookTwitterGoogle+
    Rounders
    RELATED ARTICLES

Phil Galfond Hosts Q&A Session at Reddit.com

Daniel Negreanu's Video Blog: Book Reviews, Time Management, and More

Become a PokerNews Top Fan and Earn a $500 Amazon.com Gift Card!
    Maybe we'll finally learn if the million-dollar top prize at the World Series of Poker has Mike McDermott's name on it.

According to Deadline Hollywood, The Weinstein Company co-chairmen Harvey and Bob Weinstein are once again working with Miramax. The new venture will begin quickly with sequels to Best Picture Oscar winner Shakespeare in Love and poker's cult-classic Rounders.

Harvey Weinstein told Deadline Hollywood the following:

“I’ve discussed making Rounders 2 with Matt Damon and I would say that’s going to be instantaneous...The guys [writers David Levien and Brian Koppelman] have a great idea, a way to make it more international where you start the card game in Paris, that’s all I want to say. There might be a certain beautiful Parisian actress involved in it, and then we’re off to the racetrack and Vegas with Matty and Edward Norton, and a new supervillain to replace John Malkovich.”

According to the report, Robert De Niro could potentially fill the role as the villain.

In September, Levien and Koppelman told PokerNews, "We do, however, have the story for Rounders II worked out, and all the actors and the director of the first film are ready to come do it. It's a matter of the companies who control the rights getting behind it and allowing it to happen."

It looks like those companies have finally gotten behind the idea and are ready to roll.

Are you excited about the prospects of Rounders 2? Who do you think should play the villain? Let us know in the comments below.

Photo courtesy of The Reelist.

Get all the latest PokerNews updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook now!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information