Thread: how to get cablevision in nyc/ct area at a lower price

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

how to get cablevision in nyc/ct area at a lower price

I am fed up w/ cablevisions prices. i'm paying 163 a month for 300 shit channels. not even getting HBO or other shit that i prolly wouldn't watch anyway. these fuckers constantly move the stations around as well, so i never know where the 5 channels are that i even watch..and that 5 channels i watch is like 2/3 now.

i call the cancellation dept and say i no longer wish to have cablevisions triple play (phone, tv, internet) because the programming sucks and the cost is too high. if i can't get the introductory rate of 99 a month for a year i want to cancel.

the bitchy black cust/service woman wants to deal w/ me to take it down to 145. i laughed. i said it was not good enough i want to cancel. then the bitch comes back w/ another offer at 132 or 135....i was short w/ her again and said no, ..she then says.."how much do you want to pay"...lol....and told her once again that I wanted the introductory rate of 99 month ..then there was silence on the phone, and i felt like she was stonewalling me, like i was going to change my mind and except this 2nd offer..this fucking cunt acted like it was her company saying shit like "i hear this all the time" and "we have to make money".

i reiterated that i wanted the introductory rate or cancel the whole fucking thing. more silence. and then she said when do you want to put this into effect?...i said tomorrow. that was it..

my plan was to get it for 99 failed...so now i have to call back and tell them i just want to keep internet at something like 50 bucks., because i have no cost effective internet solutions in my rural area.

I call back, get an entirely different rep and tell her i'm set to cancel cablevision tomorrow. if you can give me the triple play for 99 i will remain a customer. if not i only wish to keep internet. she then offers me some type of a preferred package deal which includes more channels and the NFL network..lol...i was barely listening, because that's the last thing i wanted, more channels, same price bs tactics...then she said the cost would be 112..(i'm like, wtf to myself..the first rep was really trying to fuck me)

this deal is just like/better than the introductory price because i have 3 cable boxes @5 buck extra each a month...i said..lets do it..saving 51 a month for a year, and this rep even said when the year expires there might be something else we can do. (obv meaning this savings is going to continue.)..

ty,..i finally got me some of dat free obama.money.
    Last edited by mulva; 02-26-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Load Metric
    This strategy works for cell phone, internet, tv, home phone, anything.

Best time to negotiate is at the end of your contract, but it still does work in the middle as well.

Giving a nice backstory like you are short money due to an online scammer (sup jasep), or you lost your job, etc. definitely helps too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if it was entirely up to me, i would eliminate both the phone and tv. internet is the only thing i need.

there are some companies in the works that's going to put a hurting on cablevision.

right now i can prolly roku my 3 tv's and be happy. as of now i run netflix off of the WII, and that's on more than cablevision programming anyway.

there is a big need for quality picture programming from your computer to your TV...and in most cases, if you don't have a monitor to use as a TV, streaming from a laptop looks like ca ca.
    Last edited by mulva; 02-26-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Load Metric
    I've been running off internet only for over 3 years. We get 9 digital OTA channels and that is good enough. We stream anything else we may care to watch. About $50/mo including internet phone.

How many OTA channels can you get in NYC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Always jew them down. They will give you the run around but you can get a better deal and lock it in for as long as possible. The thing is most of the time you can change the service at any time to upgrade if you want but locking in a price prevents them from hitting you up with price increases that they are known to do.

It's good to know the introductory price for whatever services you want since you should be able to get it for around that price give or take $10. A lot of times you can get one of the movie packages for free as well.

If you don't get the deal you want call back and talk to a few different clerks you will likely get a different answer every time.

Sometimes your cable provider has a website with chat for sales go try that as well they might quote you less then someone on the phone.

The put you on hold and come back 30 seconds later is a sales tactic. I just laugh at how fast they come back because sometimes they tell me they talked to their supervisor and he's willing to do this,etc... Their is no way the salesman talked to their boss in 30 seconds and are just giving you a lower price that they are able to do in order to keep you as a customer.

Anytime your service isn't fully working call them and get a credit for it. For example the other day the MLB Network wasn't working it was just a black screen and I called them up. They told me their didn't seem be a problem in my area. I told them that I'm probably one of the first to report it as the channel died in the middle of me watching something. They wanted to schedule a tech,etc... I didn't want that since I know it will come back on it's own in a few hours as this always happens. When it came back I called and complained that the baseball game I wanted to watch I couldn't and they gave me a day credit on my entire package. They might only give it to you on cable portion. They used to calculate it wrong and I would get like $9 each day even though my bill is less than $100 a month but now it's around $4. It does add up if this happens a few times a month which sometimes happens for me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All of this advice is good, but sometimes they have some waiting period of 6 months between promotional periods, or some other bullshit like that. Depends on the company. In those cases, sometimes you need to just suck it up and accept the high rates for those months, then try again after that time period.

Also, as already stated, always hang up on a crappy rep and try again, as there is a wide variances as to what they'll do for you.

Get the name and employee ID (or extension #) from anyone who does give you a deal, because sometimes they enter it wrong, or just lie to get you off the phone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I've been running off internet only for over 3 years. We get 9 digital OTA channels and that is good enough. We stream anything else we may care to watch. About $50/mo including internet phone.

i don't know. never tried using rabbit ears or another antenna. i do know that i have another TV w/o a cable box, and i run the cable line right into it. i get like 20 channel including 5 spanish ones that come in the best. i guess i could cancel and hope they don't put in some type of a block that would allow me to get any feed on all tv's. i did this for awhile on an upstairs bedroom tv and they eventually took away everything over a 2 month period leaving me w/ only 1 spanish channel. i have a box on that set now. but the other one has been going strong since november.

can't fucking believe i own 5 tv's and i don't even watch tv

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

i don't know. never tried using rabbit ears or another antenna. i do know that i have another TV w/o a cable box, and i run the cable line right into it. i get like 20 channel including 5 spanish ones that come in the best. i guess i could cancel and hope they don't put in some type of a block that would allow me to get any feed on all tv's. i did this for awhile on an upstairs bedroom tv and they eventually took away everything over a 2 month period leaving me w/ only 1 spanish channel. i have a box on that set now. but the other one has been going strong since november.

can't fucking believe i own 5 tv's and i don't even watch tv
    Check this site out to see what channels beam their signals through your property: http://www.tvfool.com/

Antenna's and boosters are pretty cheap and you can find the ones that work best in your area by checking out various forums. You might be surprised at how many HD channels you can get for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Optimum Online aka Cablevision is a complete Joke! They do this deliberately because they have very limited competition and people dont read bills. Like you all, they played the same Fn game on us to. Cablevision nickles and dimes you for everything. Fees for the remote, the batteries, the cable box, and now they are charging you another fee whether you watch sports or not! The additional fee isnt for a sports channel the fee is for any channel that shows sports! My bill started going up every few months until it reached over $200 for crap service! 1/2 my bill was just for the TV service itself, I said enough of this crap and called them up and did the same old disconnect, she wanted to offer me a $10 discount so I said F you Bitxh and told them to disconnect my TV immediately. The next day, they tried to play some bullshit game with my cable internet access. I had $14.95 for Ultra 101, and my cable modem just rebooted by itself for no reason. A few minutes later I get an email saying that I had requested my Ultra 101 to be downgraded to Ultra 50. The piece of crap from the disconnect department deliberately did it so that when I called to get it back on, their new fee is now $55 for Ulta 101 plus $59.95 for the interest. I said Im not fucxen playing your games and decided to contact my lawyer.

She made a BS stink of how I was getting such a great deal on TV for watching TV shows that are back from the 80s and 90s, when I can netflix it for $7.99 a month. Then she tried to charge me another $10 because we werent on tripple play, they cable modem went up, the VOIP went up to nearly another $15, so I said the hell with it, she said she couldnt offer me the tripple play for $89.99.

So I just logged into my account and then saw a flashing screen for offering guess what, the tripple play package. I was also in my account, and the system already knew my account and details. So i signed up and have a tenetive appointment with these morons. I have an order printed out and stating they'd agreed to offer my the tripple play package directly from their own systems (and mysteroiusly those asshole nigxs from disconnect said they couldnt) they are nothing but a bunch of xxxx of shixt. So now I have 2 accounts one with tripple play and one with that $200 a month plus. So tomorrow they have 1 choice to take my special pricing from my existing account and apply it to the tripple play package (2nd modem $19.95, 101 $14.95) for 2 years or else Verizon is coming over this week to trip out the optimum bullshit. You can get Verizon for $150 includes everything including 2 modems with 150MB/sec each. So if optimum doesnt then verizon is going to replace them.

Optimum you should stop playing your bullshit games, if you wish to keep your long time customers, or else your going to loose good paying customers left and right. Offer it right there an now instead of playing your asshole games and saying 2 days later ok you can have it. Because you will lose alot of us on our block that have been with you for over a decade!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3downloader View Post
    Optimum Online aka Cablevision is a complete Joke! They do this deliberately because they have very limited competition and people dont read bills. Like you all, they played the same Fn game on us to. Cablevision nickles and dimes you for everything. Fees for the remote, the batteries, the cable box, and now they are charging you another fee whether you watch sports or not! The additional fee isnt for a sports channel the fee is for any channel that shows sports! My bill started going up every few months until it reached over $200 for crap service! 1/2 my bill was just for the TV service itself, I said enough of this crap and called them up and did the same old disconnect, she wanted to offer me a $10 discount so I said F you Bitxh and told them to disconnect my TV immediately. The next day, they tried to play some bullshit game with my cable internet access. I had $14.95 for Ultra 101, and my cable modem just rebooted by itself for no reason. A few minutes later I get an email saying that I had requested my Ultra 101 to be downgraded to Ultra 50. The piece of crap from the disconnect department deliberately did it so that when I called to get it back on, their new fee is now $55 for Ulta 101 plus $59.95 for the interest. I said Im not fucxen playing your games and decided to contact my lawyer.

She made a BS stink of how I was getting such a great deal on TV for watching TV shows that are back from the 80s and 90s, when I can netflix it for $7.99 a month. Then she tried to charge me another $10 because we werent on tripple play, they cable modem went up, the VOIP went up to nearly another $15, so I said the hell with it, she said she couldnt offer me the tripple play for $89.99.

So I just logged into my account and then saw a flashing screen for offering guess what, the tripple play package. I was also in my account, and the system already knew my account and details. So i signed up and have a tenetive appointment with these morons. I have an order printed out and stating they'd agreed to offer my the tripple play package directly from their own systems (and mysteroiusly those asshole nigxs from disconnect said they couldnt) they are nothing but a bunch of xxxx of shixt. So now I have 2 accounts one with tripple play and one with that $200 a month plus. So tomorrow they have 1 choice to take my special pricing from my existing account and apply it to the tripple play package (2nd modem $19.95, 101 $14.95) for 2 years or else Verizon is coming over this week to trip out the optimum bullshit. You can get Verizon for $150 includes everything including 2 modems with 150MB/sec each. So if optimum doesnt then verizon is going to replace them.

Optimum you should stop playing your bullshit games, if you wish to keep your long time customers, or else your going to loose good paying customers left and right. Offer it right there an now instead of playing your asshole games and saying 2 days later ok you can have it. Because you will lose alot of us on our block that have been with you for over a decade!

Comments

tyde: hof noose

Thread Information