Thread: Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey writes about being molested by ... a 13-year-old girl?!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey writes about being molested by ... a 13-year-old girl?!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...l-abuse-memoir

Prior to this, Dickey was known as a terrible pitcher who suddenly became decent when he was nearly 36 years old.

He was born in 1974. From 2001-2008, he never had an ERA below 5.02. In 2009, he had an ERA of 4.62. He joined the Mets in 2010, and compiled ERAs of 2.84 and 3.28 over the next two seasons. I especially know this because I had him on my fantasy team both years.

Anyway, he wrote a book about both the molestations and the steroid abuse he witnessed in 2001 as a member of the Texas Rangers. He claims in the book that he was disgusted by the "cheating" and never did so himself.

Most interesting are his claims that he was molested by a 13-year-old female babysitter when he was 8 years old, and that it occurred about 4 or 5 times. He wrote that a 17-year-old male molested him in a separate incident that same summer.

If this is all true, how twisted does a 13-year-old girl have to be to force an 8-year-old boy to have sex with her? Would love to see where this woman is now (she is in her early 40s) and see how messed up she ended up being -- or even if she's still alive. Almost all molesters are male, unless you want to count the adult women getting caught having sex with male teenagers (which I don't consider molestation.) The few that are female must be really, really fucked up in the head.

Load Metric
    Why do you suggest female molesters are more fucked in the head than their male counterparts?

Are they not equally fucked in the head, it just happens more with males?

It is interesting that so many very successful people were molested as children. Almost like they become savants in a particular area in order to escape their reality. That said there are always exceptions to the rule like Marty.

Load Metric
    What the hell is a "female molester"?

A paradox perhaps.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wikipedia defines molestation as the forcing of undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another, or any sexual contact between an adult and minor. By this definition I am not sure an 8 year old having sex with a 13 year could be defined as molestation, unless there was force involved, which seems unlikely.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Wikipedia defines molestation as the forcing of undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another, or any sexual contact between an adult and minor. By this definition I am not sure an 8 year old having sex with a 13 year could be defined as molestation, unless there was force involved, which seems unlikely.
    You must not remember being 8 very well.

An 8-year-old boy usually doesn't have any kind of sex drive, and even if he does, would not feel comfortable acting on it in reality, especially with someone much older.

This is very different than a teenage boy being "molested" by an adult, because most teenage boys have a legitimate sex drive and are already near adulthood. They could enjoy the experience and not be scarred by it, even if the female "molesting" him is much older.

An 8-year-old is never ready for sex, and just about all of them would feel uncomfortable and traumatized by a 13-year-old touching them sexually, regardless of the gender. I remember being 8, and there's no way I would have liked a 13-year-old girl touching me that way.

13-year-old girls are also much bigger and stronger than 8-year-old boys, and especially if they are in a position of authority, can be intimidating enough to where actual force isn't required. That's what sounds like occurred in the R.A. Dickey story.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am sadly reminded of Crazier Mike's views on a very similiar topic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

An 8-year-old boy usually doesn't have any kind of sex drive, and even if he does, would not feel comfortable acting on it in reality, especially with someone much older.

This is very different than a teenage boy being "molested" by an adult, because most teenage boys have a legitimate sex drive and are already near adulthood. They could enjoy the experience and not be scarred by it, even if the female "molesting" him is much older.

An 8-year-old is never ready for sex, and just about all of them would feel uncomfortable and traumatized by a 13-year-old touching them sexually, regardless of the gender. I remember being 8, and there's no way I would have liked a 13-year-old girl touching me that way.

13-year-old girls are also much bigger and stronger than 8-year-old boys, and especially if they are in a position of authority, can be intimidating enough to where actual force isn't required. That's what sounds like occurred in the R.A. Dickey story.
    I used to go hang out at my buddies house back when i was probably 8 or 9. He had a hot 12-13 year old babysitter. We used to play truth or dare and we would constantly dare each other to make out with the babysitter. She always played along and would often french kiss us. We thought it was the coolest thing in the history of the world. Im pretty sure I wasnt molested! Looking back on it as an adult, she must have been a lonely, unpopular social outcast to be spending her weekends making out with the young neighborhood boy, but hey she was getting paid for it!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I used to go hang out at my buddies house back when i was probably 8 or 9. He had a hot 12-13 year old babysitter. We used to play truth or dare and we would constantly dare each other to make out with the babysitter. She always played along and would often french kiss us. We thought it was the coolest thing in the history of the world. Im pretty sure I wasnt molested! Looking back on it as an adult, she must have been a lonely, unpopular social outcast to be spending her weekends making out with the young neighborhood boy, but hey she was getting paid for it!

Britney was almost molested twice as a kid. Both times they asked her if something was wrong with her penis. It was so humiliating because I'm a clitoris.

Thread Information