I got nosey earlier and found some file folder with spyware/adware origins that has to do with "effective measures" which, supposedly, is just for numbers tracking, trying to track where users go for advertisers. The files were in a secluded repository of shared objects in my flash player or something, Oddly enough though I did a little more digging and this crap is actually very likely spyware sent from broadband service providers for monitoring purposes kind of off the books. By making "effective measures" the bad guy big companies like comcast can get their hands on the info they want, like users web habits and general tone in public about comcast (meaning are users bitching online or are they happy, that sort of thing) and normally an ISP's official stance on this sort of thing is "no bueno without a subpoena." As if they truly value the privacy of their users rofl anyway this way it's a little bit discreet so I give them the nod for at least trying to be polite...Anyway block that shit like so:

1. go to start button
  2. right click on notepad
  3. select run as administrator
  4. click on yes in prompt to continue
  5. go to file menu in notepad
  6. click on open file
  7. select all files in drop down list before selecting the file
  8. go to windows/system32/drivers/etc
  9. select hosts file
  10. copy contents over to notepad and then copy and paste the following at the bottom of the hosts file:

127.0.0.1 my.effectivemeasure.net

127.0.0.1 my-ssl.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 my-cdn.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 p.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 p-ssl.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 cdn.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www1.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www2.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www3.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www4.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www5.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www6.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www7.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www8.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www9.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 ww10.effectivemeasure.net
127.0.0.1 www10.effectivemeasure.net

Consider creepy isp spyware sharing creepy modules in reclusive subfolders of programs (I don't even have installed on my computer as I use chrome!) fuckzered for the time being.

Wondering if anyone else has something good to add, tweaks to make shit load faster (am I fucking up using comcasts DNS servers? 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 honestly I used to use google's ( 8-8-8-8 and 8-8-4-4) and remember them working much better but for some reason I got the new dns from a nerdy friend who states this is the faster way to fly so I haven't reverted back yet but I'm getting close to it as page load times are creeping along here, in highly aggravating fashion)

Anybody have anything they find worthwhile to add please do (in the interest of networking strategy and good items to add to your hosts file mostly)