Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life of PLOL...

Load Metric

A day in the life of PLOL...

So I'm on a break in the WSOPc PBKC Main Event and I rush over to get in line to get some food. I have several unused $5 food vouchers that you get after registering every event. This is what their signage looks like:
    Small Hot Dog: $2.25
    Large Hot Dog: $3.25
    --- w/Soda: $4

Small Soda: $2.25

I usually get two small hotdogs and let 50 cents of my voucher go to waste (you don't get change) and water/soda is free if you order it while playing. But not having a drink and wanting to maximize my voucher, I ordered a large hot dog and small soda. So how much do you think this would be? Well, according to the lady, that's $5.25. I've ordered from this lady several times and she's usually unfriendly (as are many of PBKC's staff). I said, "No, it should be $5". She says "No, you said you wanted a large hot dog, not a small". I pointed to the sign and said "A large hot do is $1 more than a small. A small with a soda is $4. So it should be $1 more for a large". She absolutely couldn't comprehend this. She says "A soda is $2.25". At this point a large line is forming because everybody is on break, so I didn't get in to a discussion about how it couldn't possibly be $5.25. If she wanted to say the combo deal is only with a small hotdog (which makes no sense), then it should be $5.50, not $5.25. But a soda with a hot dog should be $1.75. $1.75 + $3.25 = $5 (taxes are already worked in to all their prices). I just gave her my $5 food voucher and said "Well, I don't have a quarter" and started walking away and she says "Well next time..." and I tuned her out. It was a problem because I didn't want to break a bill to pay a quarter, or use another $5 food voucher.

In before I have to donate $0.25 to charity.
    Last edited by PLOL; 02-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Chipcount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    So I'm on a break in the WSOPc PBKC Main Event and I rush over to get in line to get some food. I have several unused $5 food vouchers that you get after registering every event. This is what their signage looks like:

I usually get two small hotdogs and let 50 cents of my voucher go to waste (you don't get change) and water/soda is free if you order it while playing. But not having a drink and wanting to maximize my voucher, I ordered a large hot dog and small soda. So how much do you think this would be? Well, according to the lady, that's $5.25. I've ordered from this lady several times and she's usually unfriendly (as are many of PBKC's staff). I said, "No, it should be $5". She says "No, you said you wanted a large hot dog, not a small". I pointed to the sign and said "A large hot do is $1 more than a small. A small with a soda is $4. So it should be $1 more for a large". She absolutely couldn't comprehend this. She says "A soda is $2.25". At this point a large line is forming because everybody is on break, so I didn't get in to a discussion about how it couldn't possibly be $5.25. If she wanted to say the combo deal is only with a small hotdog (which makes no sense), then it should be $5.50, not $5.25. But a soda with a hot dog should be $1.75. $1.75 + $3.25 = $5 (taxes are already worked in to all their prices). I just gave her my $5 food voucher and said "Well, I don't have a quarter" and started walking away and she says "Well next time..." and I tuned her out. It was a problem because I didn't want to break a bill to pay a quarter, or use another $5 food voucher.

staying in tonight because i'm really sick... this just made me sicker. This is worse than the tomato on the side bullshit. I get your point that it should be $5 instead of $5.25, but it's all a part of their "deal"... honestly donate 25cents to charity or PHA and pooh will start harassing you again.

BTW I wouldn't have even fought with her, I would have just given her the voucher and walked to the end to get my food. fuck'em. I think fighting with her is just a waste of time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

staying in tonight because i'm really sick... this just made me sicker. This is worse than the tomato on the side bullshit. I get your point that it should be $5 instead of $5.25, but it's all a part of their "deal"... honestly donate 25cents to charity or PHA and pooh will start harassing you again.

BTW I wouldn't have even fought with her, I would have just given her the voucher and walked to the end to get my food. fuck'em. I think fighting with her is just a waste of time.
    You would've given her $10 worth of food vouchers? If I was paying by CC I wouldn't have said anything, or if I had a quarter on me. But I wasn't going to use another $5 voucher because she didn't know how to do math correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Chipcount?
    50k (20k starting stack), which is like average. Return to 600/1200 tomorrow. I'm guessing around $240k up top
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric

You would've given her $10 worth of food vouchers? If I was paying by CC I wouldn't have said anything, or if I had a quarter on me. But I wasn't going to use another $5 voucher because she didn't know how to do math correctly.

Chipcount?
    50k (20k starting stack), which is like average. Return to 600/1200 tomorrow. I'm guessing around $240k up top
    I think you miss understood me... I would have just given her 1 voucher and said I have no change. Fighting with her was a bit of a waste of time.

Load Metric

Chipcount?
    I think you miss understood me... I would have just given her 1 voucher and said I have no change. Fighting with her was a bit of a waste of time.
    That's exactly what I did. I just first tried to explain why it's only $5, because now you're shorting her $0.25.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric

That's exactly what I did. I just first tried to explain why it's only $5, because now you're shorting her $0.25.
    PLOL stole...

Gold
    Load Metric

Did you post this because you thought it was

A. Interesting
    B. funny
    3. What people on this forum want to read

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Did you post this because you thought it was

A. Interesting
    B. funny
    3. What people on this forum want to read
    All three really. Sort of a Druff "tomatoes on the side" type story, only not as dramatic.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Rolling Pokerstars for $1100 is essentially a "gateway drug" for rolling elderly deli counter women for $.25.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Load Metric

I ordered a large hot dog
    ... Large Hot Dog: $3.25

and small soda.
    ... Small Soda: $2.25

$3.25 + $2.25 =

$5.50

WTF am I missing here?

Ah, never mind. The $4 w/soda shit under Large Hot Dog shit threw me off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I ordered a large hot dog

and small soda.

$3.25 + $2.25 =
    $5.50

WTF am I missing here?
    The part where I got a combo
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

and small soda.

$3.25 + $2.25 =
    $5.50

WTF am I missing here?
    The part where I got a combo
    Yeah, I missed that. Whole sign is retarded. It should just say add a soda for only $1.75 or some shit like that. No idea where the fuck she came up with the extra .25. Was there a large soda option?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Woman was retarded, obviously, and couldn't do math.

But this wasn't as good as the tomatoes on the side story, because it's possible they actually have a stupid policy that the "deal" for the $1.75 add-on soda is only valid for small hot dogs, not large ones. So if you get a large hot dog, you are stuck paying the full $2.25 for the soda, making it $5.50. Obviously the $5.25 price was impossible.

I have seen this sort of thing very often at delis. They often have a cheap soup you can add on to a half sandwich (which costs far more than 50% of a whole sandwich), but you can't add the discounted soup on to a whole sandwich.

It's dumb, but I actually don't complain about these things. Businesses can charge whatever they want, even if the prices are arbitrary and defy common sense.

The tomatoes-on-the-side issue was so stupid because:

1) The Subway corporate policy was that you can get any toppings you want, and there is no restriction on where you put them. This franchise owner was violating the policy.

2) He was willing to give me that same tomato if I let the employee put it in my sandwich, but NOT if I wanted it on the side. The owner couldn't understand how ludicrous it was that he was telling me what way I have to eat the same tomato that he'd be selling me either way.

Anyway, not to hijack your thread, but my tomato-on-the-side thing had absolutely zero logic or justification (other than an asshole franchise owner) and in this case, it's possible the dumb woman at the counter was partially right, but should have charged $5.50 instead of $5.25.

I will say, PLOL, that I have always liked you, and in many ways you remind me of a young me, minus the gay stuff.

Load Metric
    quit being so dramatic ya queen

no homo

well, except for you.

cause you were born that way

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Woman was retarded, obviously, and couldn't do math.

But this wasn't as good as the tomatoes on the side story, because it's possible they actually have a stupid policy that the "deal" for the $1.75 add-on soda is only valid for small hot dogs, not large ones. So if you get a large hot dog, you are stuck paying the full $2.25 for the soda, making it $5.50. Obviously the $5.25 price was impossible.

I have seen this sort of thing very often at delis. They often have a cheap soup you can add on to a half sandwich (which costs far more than 50% of a whole sandwich), but you can't add the discounted soup on to a whole sandwich.

It's dumb, but I actually don't complain about these things. Businesses can charge whatever they want, even if the prices are arbitrary and defy common sense.

The tomatoes-on-the-side issue was so stupid because:

1) The Subway corporate policy was that you can get any toppings you want, and there is no restriction on where you put them. This franchise owner was violating the policy.

2) He was willing to give me that same tomato if I let the employee put it in my sandwich, but NOT if I wanted it on the side. The owner couldn't understand how ludicrous it was that he was telling me what way I have to eat the same tomato that he'd be selling me either way.

Anyway, not to hijack your thread, but my tomato-on-the-side thing had absolutely zero logic or justification (other than an asshole franchise owner) and in this case, it's possible the dumb woman at the counter was partially right, but should have charged $5.50 instead of $5.25.

I will say, PLOL, that I have always liked you, and in many ways you remind me of a young me, minus the gay stuff.
    are you sure? Fluffer may disagree.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    natural casing nathan hot dogs are money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Opey, are you Jewish?

To have this subject on your mind for more than a minute or two is not healthy.

Regardless of what Druff thinks this says more about you than anyone else.

Load Metric
    don't worry guys, I made sure our winning poker player buddy here has 25cents for his next adventure. BTW hitting up AC Caesars for the WSOPc events next week?

Thread Information