Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Users

Load Metric

Mac Users

If my charger cord doesn't light up at all when I plug it in and attach it to my MacBook Pro, does that mean its broken? I'm not a Mac person but got one for my daughter for Christmas. Everything was working fine until she had it with her today without the cord and ran it totally down till it was out of juice. When she got home and plugged it in, the cord didn't do it's usual light up thing.

I noticed some chew marks in the plastic on the cord - looks like the cat was playing with it. Is it gone?
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    google it

Load Metric
    I did but couldn't find anything that addresses if the light isn't on. Could it be charging anyway?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    I did but couldn't find anything that addresses if the light isn't on. Could it be charging anyway?
    does it show it charging on ur macbook?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    does it show it charging on ur macbook?
    wait jsut read your whole post. i would wait and see if its charging. if its damaged and not charging then i would say one of ur animals got ahold of it or something else did. no light usually means no charge. and if u have an open wire that could be health hazard. (shocking you or your loved ones)

Load Metric
    Macbook was completely out of juice... so far, its not showing any signs of coming to life. I've had the cord plugged in without any light showing for at loeast 30 minutes now.

I do see one spot in the chew mark area of the cord that shows a tiny, TINY spot of metal wire, so it looks like George Clooney fucked up this cord Can't punish an animal for something unless you catch them doing it obv. So pissed.

Load Metric
    oh and lets not forget a fire hazard as well. just buy a new one. last thing u want is to kill someone or everyone. not trying to be mean just concerned

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    oh and lets not forget a fire hazard as well. just buy a new one. last thing u want is to kill someone or everyone. not trying to be mean just concerned
    Yeah.. Looking online and I can't find a cord that looks like this one - they all have the plug part in the spot that we have another cord... Do we have an extended version of the default cord? Apologies for Mac ignorance. The end that connects to the Mac is magnetized. There is a square part where the battery is located, I assume, and then another cord that extends to the wall. The ones online don't have the cord coming out at that point - just the prongs that connect to the outlet.

Load Metric
    charger is toast. ive gone through 2 so far.

really not happy about it either, least of all since mine actually werent that fucked up at all.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

really not happy about it either, least of all since mine actually werent that fucked up at all.

Happened to me too once took it in and they replaced it for no charge.

Tine shorted his out because of the sweat and drool I assume.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Actually I never even considered trying to get them swapped, good call. That said my coverage expired and Im not trying to fuck with an apple store.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I don't have Apple Care. Should I go in anyway and ask for a swap?

Load Metric
    i think it would be worth a try worst case senerio they get you a new one for maby 8 or nine hundred dollars.

the apple store here replaced my wifes phone after she smashed it on the pavement no questions asked and same with the power coard for the MBP.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Apple care doesn't cover shit, you are covered under a 1 year warranty from the date you purchase the laptop. The warranty typically covers the cost of repairs and you foot the bill for materials. Apple care is a scam, don't bother.

I am actually moderately concerned your battery went to shit. What I would do is go in to an apple store and tell them your laptop went dead and then wouldn't charge, ask for a new battery. If you're nice and straight forward you can sometimes get a free charger out of the deal, just bring yours along and let the apple genius know you're 50/50 as to whether the battery is dead or the charger is fucked, I bet you get both a new battery and new charger out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    i think it would be worth a try worst case senerio they get you a new one for maby 8 or nine hundred dollars.

the apple store here replaced my wifes phone after she smashed it on the pavement no questions asked and same with the power coard for the MBP.
    Applecare is a complete scam, the ONLY thing it covers is manufacturer defects- that is IT. Anything else is typically being paid for under the umbrella of the one year warranty, which is actually very decent. They will NEVER replace a fucking 800 dollar laptop you are out of your damn mind.

Your wifes phone was probably replaced because Apple has come under fire for the shitty glass they were using on iphones and ipads. In fact, purchasing a new iphone I believe gets you one replacement of the glass free of charge regardless of how it got fucked up. Not sure if this is still being honored, but for a long time that was the case and most likely how your wife got the new phone. The power cord being replaced is totally at the discretion of the Genius rep handling the claim, it has nothing to do with Apple really but it's more of a customer service thing. I see right away you are a biggish spender, how many apple products do you own total? My point being a new customer or newish customer with proven high dollar spending habits is going to be treated much better than, say, the guy who needs a new cord for his 5 year old macbook who owns nothing else from apple but the laptop.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Sure of that are you? Impressive, what with the diagnosing hardware failures remotely and what have you.

Fwiw, when I sold my macbook pro my charger cable was completely frayed and the magnetic tip barely hung on and it still charged like a champ. That fucking charger sat in puddles of water, spit from chewing tobacco, it had things dropped on it fuck I can't even remember half the shit I did to it and I never once had a problem.

Sounds to me like macbook pro's are just a bit too much for you sonatine. Maybe you should stick with toshiba's and shit, they seem more your style. All that glorious shiny plastic and shit is definitely your style.

Load Metric
    Mikey still bitter that apple care doesn't cover gremlins actually living in your bios like a shanty town.

Load Metric
    ROFL I miss that thing, evil to the core though it was. That brushed aluminum was like soft cool butter beneath my finger tips. I loved that laptop...even when it started turning on printers and trying to access every cell phone within ear shot I still loved it...RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Apple care doesn't cover shit, you are covered under a 1 year warranty from the date you purchase the laptop. The warranty typically covers the cost of repairs and you foot the bill for materials. Apple care is a scam, don't bother.

I am actually moderately concerned your battery went to shit. What I would do is go in to an apple store and tell them your laptop went dead and then wouldn't charge, ask for a new battery. If you're nice and straight forward you can sometimes get a free charger out of the deal, just bring yours along and let the apple genius know you're 50/50 as to whether the battery is dead or the charger is fucked, I bet you get both a new battery and new charger out of it.
    Plugged it into a friend's charger and it fired right up, so its definitely the charger cord, and I'm almost positive it's from the cat chewing on the cord. Damn cat.

Load Metric
    vwwls just take it in they sell the charger components not the whole thing, also i belive there is a high chance that they will just replace it for free. apple computers cost a lot and you simply get better service when you go to there shops. also the part man not even cost that much.

glad it just the charger though.
    all hail Hydra

Thread Information