Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rich Muny, Vice President of the PPA, will debate me this week on PFA Radio

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Rich Muny, Vice President of the PPA, will debate me this week on PFA Radio

Rich Muny, aka "The Engineer" will be debating me this week on PFA Radio, regarding the Poker Players Alliance.

I have been a longtime critic of the PPA. I don't expect either of us to become convinced of each other's point of view, but it should be interesting for the listener to hear this debate from two polar-opposite sides of the same issue.

Post any questions you have for Rich Muny here.

This will NOT be a friendly interview, though we have agreed behind the scenes to treat one another with respect, so there won't be any name-calling or personal attacks.

I don't even dislike Rich Muny personally. I just think the PPA is a failure and a very arrogant organizaiton.

The interview/debate should take place early in the show, since Rich is on the east coast.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I've wanted to see this for a while now. Well done booking him.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    In before Mason forbids Rich from being on your show.

Name:  fist-sickle-thumb.png
Views: 384
Size:  29.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    In before Mason forbids Rich from being on your show.

Name:  fist-sickle-thumb.png
Views: 384
Size:  29.1 KB
    Muny v druff will help legitimize pfa...well a little

Load Metric
    over/under on number of times druff plays 'juan time at a party' soundbite?

Load Metric
    * How much money has the PPA taken in between Black Friday and now, how much has it spent between then and now, and what can the average American poker player point to and say "This came from the PPA's efforts", right here right now.

* What percentage of travel related expenditures for PPA campaigns involved first class tickets or privately chartered aircraft? Oh, you cant answer that? Do non-profit advocate lobbies traditionally refuse to enumerate the ways public funding gets spent within them?

* Why did Bush knock down those towers?

* When 'spokesmen' from within the poker community (Annie Duke, for example) lobbied or otherwise championed the PPA cause, were they ever paid any sort of fee for their appearance, beyond (literally) food, board, and travel expenses?

* How much did the PPA earn in 2012 from donations, and how much did it spend?

* Will Dick finally get down with Jane on Search For Tomorrow?

* When vectors of influence of the PPA (excluding the rubes who contribute) completely ignore the PPA, what stick does the PPA carry? Has the PPA ever actually influenced policy on any privately held company, or has every single "action" been along the lines of:

<PPA> WHAT ARE YOU ABOUT TO DO, GET IN THE WATER?
    <Online Poker Site> Yup, going to get in the water. It only makes sense for us, we just need to get wet, its good business, this is the best way to do it.
    <PPA> YEAH WELL, WHEN YOU GET IN THAT WATER, YOU *BETTER* GET WET, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE WATCHING.

Put another way, what sanctions is the PPA prepared to deliver to egregious violators of the PPAs vision for online poker? Please provide examples where the PPA has, in the past, shamed an online poker site or lobbyist into compliance. Please provide data to back up this assertion, for example traffic analysis indicating a PPA sponsored blacklisting yielded a drop in site traffic, that returned to normalcy once the site achieved compliance with PPA established policies.

* What internal audit infrastructure exists in the PPA to maintain transparency and police the abuse of funds?

Thats it for now, better fucking believe I have more tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I gave him a shitty unprepared interview a few years ago and asked him something similar to this. He said that most of PPA's revenue doesn't actually come from individual donations, but rather from some sort of PAC or iGaming lobby. I forget the name of it now, or what exactly the organization was. This would be interesting to explore further.

Silver
    Load Metric
    * How much money has the PPA taken in between Black Friday and now, how much has it spent between then and now, and what can the average American poker player point to and say "This came from the PPA's efforts", right here right now.

* What percentage of travel related expenditures for PPA campaigns involved first class tickets or privately chartered aircraft? Oh, you cant answer that? Do non-profit advocate lobbies traditionally refuse to enumerate the ways public funding gets spent within them?

* When 'spokesmen' from within the poker community (Annie Duke, for example) lobbied or otherwise championed the PPA cause, were they ever paid any sort of fee for their appearance, beyond (literally) food, board, and travel expenses?

* When vectors of influence of the PPA (excluding the rubes who contribute) completely ignore the PPA, what stick does the PPA carry? Has the PPA ever actually influenced policy on any privately held company, or has every single "action" been along the lines of:

<Online Poker Site> Yup, going to get in the water. It only makes sense for us, we just need to get wet, its good business, this is the best way to do it.
    <PPA> YEAH WELL, WHEN YOU GET IN THAT WATER, YOU *BETTER* GET WET, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE WATCHING.

Put another way, what sanctions is the PPA prepared to deliver to egregious violators of the PPAs vision for online poker? Please provide examples where the PPA has, in the past, shamed an online poker site or lobbyist into compliance. Please provide data to back up this assertion, for example traffic analysis indicating a PPA sponsored blacklisting yielded a drop in site traffic, that returned to normalcy once the site achieved compliance with PPA established policies.

* What internal audit infrastructure exists in the PPA to maintain transparency and police the abuse of funds?

Mission Statement
    The Poker Players Alliance (PPA) is a non-profit membership organization comprised of online and offline poker players. Our membership consists of enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game and protect the right to play poker in all its forms.

The PPA’s mission is to establish favorable laws that provide poker players with a secure, safe and regulated place to play. Through education and awareness the PPA will keep this game of skill, one of America’s oldest recreational activities, free from egregious government intervention and misguided laws.

The PPA is committed to defending the rights of poker players. On behalf of our broad membership, we will promote and protect poker through advocacy work in Washington, D.C., and throughout the nation. The Poker Players Alliance will work with key lawmakers to ensure a thoughtful and productive dialogue that represents everyone who enjoys and wants to protect the game.

But the PPA’s most powerful resource is its membership base, the players. Through our Web site, www.theppa.org, and through direct contact with our members, the Poker Players Alliance is empowering poker players and enthusiasts to deliver positive messages about the game and why it should be protected to federal, state, and local elected representatives.

Load Metric
    Hey, lets just publish all of the questions for him to look at and prepare for!.....

Last edited by DRK Star; 02-18-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Hey, lets just publish all of the questions for him to look at and prepare for!.....
    We could only be so lucky that he'll look at these questions ahead of time and prepare answers for them. There's no benefit in asking specific questions that he won't be able to answer off hand, and there's no need for any gotcha-type questions either. We'll be able to tell when he's bullshitting or just dancing around shit either way, and if he dances even when he had prep time, well... I couldn't give less of a fuck how well Rich Muny thinks on his feet or acts during tense interviews. I'm much more concerned about whether this poker lobbying organization is legit or not.

Druff, have you considered giving him some of the tougher questions that might need some research ahead of time? Questions on spending and such? This takes away the excuse that he doesn't have the numbers in front of him or whatever.

Load Metric
    I don't understand why they try and hide the fact they are a lobby group paid for by industry. Ask him how less effective he believes the effort would be if they were honest about their organizations origins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    druff feel free to bring up my fb convo with him if u want

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

I understand why a style of questioning based on regulatory compliance audits would be beyond the scope of your experience to date, given that you split your time evenly between professional bullshit dot com banner exchange dicksucking and harassing mentally ill subnormal women into sex, so Ill give you a simple answer:

It does not matter what he does to prepare. Preparing for these questions is not going to help him mitigate the reality of the answers. No matter what answer he gives, its either satisfactory and true, or its unsatisfactory and true; providing scripted spin bullshit to almost any of the above, on the record, would be suicidal.

His options are the truth (bad) or no comment (much, much worse) or a lie (absolute suicide).

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    My simple answer

Name:  2019633-skeleton-hung-by-a-noose-isolated-on-white.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  20.4 KB

Send your questions to Druff privately. Dont even allow there to be a chance that someone could see what you are about to present to them, which could get them an opportunity to plan for any questions like those and have a time to whip up some response that would have potentially caught them off guard.

Banned
    Load Metric
    That's the attitude of someone more interested in winning an argument than arriving at truth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually thought of weighing the benefits of public disclosure of questions beforehand (giving him a chance to prepare sound-good bullshit answers), or whether it's just better to keep them all private (giving him a reasonable chance to say "I don't know" to a lot of things, and get away with it.)

I decided to keep some questions to myself, while making this thread that he will presumably read at some point, containing the user questions.

One thing I will say about Rich Muny is that he's not an idiot. He's not going to let me run him over and make him look like a fool. No matter what questions I throw at him, he will have answers that sound logical and convincing, even if they don't really answer the main point of what I'm asking.

Anyway, it should be interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually thought of weighing the benefits of public disclosure of questions beforehand (giving him a chance to prepare sound-good bullshit answers), or whether it's just better to keep them all private (giving him a reasonable chance to say "I don't know" to a lot of things, and get away with it.)

I decided to keep some questions to myself, while making this thread that he will presumably read at some point, containing the user questions.

One thing I will say about Rich Muny is that he's not an idiot. He's not going to let me run him over and make him look like a fool. No matter what questions I throw at him, he will have answers that sound logical and convincing, even if they don't really answer the main point of what I'm asking.

Anyway, it should be interesting.

When he does not answer the main point of what you are asking, please ask him why he did not answer the question and to stop acting like a politician.

Load Metric

tine for co-host 1x

also playing pussy, ass, mouth is a must; may we suggest Annie Duke, Clownie Gowan
    and Kathy Liebert or Beth Shak
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 02-18-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    i 100% dont know enough about the issues to contribute anything to druff's initiative here. beyond being derogatory and dismissive, i have little to offer on the front lines for stuff such as this.

that said, im realllllly good at being derogatory and dismissive.

Thread Information