Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Story - Need your opinions

Load Metric

Story - Need your opinions

My friend and I had a conversation tonight, which might have gotten a bit out of control. I need some serious responses though from you so that we can both see what the other needs to work on. Again, serious replies would be appreciated.

I was speaking to her about social norms when she told me that back when she was around 20, she went with her boyfriend to Six Flags/Great America here in IL. She was telling me about how she didnt care what people thought of her because when she dies, none of those people will matter. I was trying to explain to her though that people will ALWAYS judge you based on your actions, attire, words, etc, so you should be cognizant of how you behave in certain environments. This is when things got ugly....

Her: I went to Great America and wore a shirt that said FUCK YOU on it.

Me: What?! Why would you want to even do that?

Her: Who cares

Me: There are kids there.

Her: Its an Adult theme park, and besides, millions of people there were wearing shirts like that there. I saw people wearing the same shirt.

Me: What?!! People are not going to be walking around Six Flags with shirts like that there. Its an Amusement park that is full of kids. You shouldnt be wearing clothes with profanity on them in that environment.

Her: They were selling shirts like that at the park

Me: Wait....WHAT??!!!! No they werent!! No amusement park is going to sell shirts like that. There are kids everywhere.

End of scene 1

We immediately discuss Great America and that its a family park geared towards kids.

Me: Its an amusement park where its targeted for kids

Her: No, its an Adult park. I see adults there without kids all the time

Me: It does have adults there, however, its targeted towards kids. Why do you think they have Warner Bros characters all over the place like Bugs Bunny, Tweetie, Sylvester, etc?

Her: No it doesnt.

Me: What?! There are characters walking all around the park. How can you not see them?!!! (at this point, I have now started to lose my mind)

Her: I have been there 30 times and I have NEVER seen any cartoon characters or people walking around in costume, except on Halloween.

Me: (now Im getting worked up and throwing my hands up in the air) How can you possibly miss them?!! They have the people in costume spread out all over the park! They target kids and have the characters everywhere! I think its almost statistically impossible for you to spend a minimum of 2 hrs at the park, 30 times, and NOT see one of them.

Her: Well, I didnt.

Me: Its even on some of their ads. There are images of Bugs and others all over the place. No clue how you could miss this. <I pull out my laptop> I google "GREAT AMERICA PHOTOS" and go to the images.

Her: <Pointing at photos where its of a rollercoaster or a sign> SEE! There are no characters!!

Me: They arent going to have them in EVERY photo. See...look at this...there is one with people posing with Bugs. Here is one with Tweetie Bird, and one with Sponge Bob.

Her: Why are you going psycho about this?!! Why cant you just let it go?!!

Me: Wait....this entire conversation is insane. You wore a shirt that said FUCK YOU on it to an Amusement Park where there are kids there, and not only do you not think thats inappropriate, you tell me there are Millions of other people wearing similar shirts, AND you tell me that the park sells shirts like this. THEN, you tell me that you never saw ANY characters at a park, that is filled with people in costume EVERYWHERE, after 30 visits.

Her: Why are you so focused on this? Why cant you just let this go, instead of arguing with me?!!

Me: Because this is insane!!!

Can you guys please give me your impression on this conversation? Up until scene 1, I was completely baffled, because none of that made sense. I was concerned that she was a bit crazy for not understanding why it would be inappropriate to wear a shirt like that to the park, I doubted there were a MILLION people there (the park holds probably 50K anyway) and completely doubted that the park would sell shirts with profanity on them. I was shaking my head in total disbelief. When we got to the point where she never saw any characters there, I showed her how they did a deal with Warner Bros, and that you can see characters like Bugs and others in almost all of their ads/commercials. She said I was just being a crazy jerk who wouldnt let it go. My reply was that things were just getting so progressively crazy that I was baffled and couldnt believe what she was saying.

We want to know what you guys think about how the convo went, and if I was wrong for questioning her and should have just shut up.

thanks

Load Metric
    3 questions...

Is it possible that there was a misunderstanding as to where she actually was? Like maybe she mixed up the name of the park and actually was at some adult themed amusement park and not Six Flags.

Is there even such a thing as an adult themed amusement park?

If none of these are possible...

Why are you hanging with retards?

Comments

MumblesBadly: For DRK, female "friend" = girl he desparately wants to fuck but doesn't know he has 0.0 chance.

How can she not understand that mostly all amusement parks are geared towards kids? No shit you'll go there and see adults without kids but that doesn't mean anything.
    Your friend seems stubborn and ignorant.

Also, I'm not sure about other Six Flags but the one in Cali doesn't sell shirts with profanity on them.

Load Metric
    There was no misunderstanding. She knew she was at Great America here in the North burbs of Chicago.

I would have been ok if she would have started to read how crazy I was going and then she would have picked up on the clues I was giving her (verbally and visually) and then said, "Well, my shirt really didnt say Fuck You on it..it said something similar but you could infer it meant Fuck You", which she later said!!

THEN she said, "Well, Obviously I was exaggerating about the MILLION". I asked how many...she said maybe 1-2. I then said, "NO ONE exagerates a number like 1 or 2 by saying a MILLION. They usually say 5 or at the worst, 10.

The conversation got me so worked up and bat-shit crazy that she was screaming at me to not be such a psycho and that I needed help. Did I do anything wrong here? Seriously

Gold
    Load Metric
    Pics

Load Metric
    Strange stuff afoot here. Let's hear more about the girl. How do you know her? Work with her, fucking her, grew up with her? She cute? She tend to drink and do a lot of drugs? Is she into exotic drugs?

Is she a narcissist maybe?

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

We want to know what you guys think about how the convo went, and if I was wrong for questioning her and should have just shut up.

thanks
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...lades-for-legs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Strange stuff afoot here. Let's hear more about the girl. How do you know her? Work with her, fucking her, grew up with her? She cute? She tend to drink and do a lot of drugs? Is she into exotic drugs?

Is she a narcissist maybe?

Very cute. In a relationship with her.

also, she wants to read all of the responses, so please feel free to express your thoughts If I fucked up in any way or was being a dick for continuing to make a big deal out of each issue she brought up.

Banned
    Load Metric
    She's a compulsive liar and has never been to an amusement park. The point of the story was to look like a badass, but you kept picking at the details. She was caught in the lie, but at that point there was no turning back. She'll keep denying and making more shit up to stick to the story no matter how ridiculous it all sounds.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In all candor, I would immediately disassociate myself with this person. Anyone that would walk around with a "FUCK YOU" Tee shirt is mentally unstable. In fact, based on some of the other actions of her you wrote, a courtesy heads up to Law Enforcement is definitely acceptable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    She's a compulsive liar and has never been to an amusement park. The point of the story was to look like a badass, but you kept picking at the details. She was caught in the lie, but at that point there was no turning back. She'll keep denying and making more shit up to stick to the story no matter how ridiculous it all sounds.
    actually, I dont think this is it at all.

1. She later admitted that her shirt didnt say FUCK YOU, but was kind of like "Puck off" and maybe had an F on the back of the shirt. I still dont know, she cant remember, but she told me it said FUCK YOU and then later, after I was going mental, said it was different. Then, she said that she saw another guy wearing the same shirt. Not millions. Then she THOUGHT that the place actually sold shirts like this since she saw another person wearing it.

I cant even fathom ANY amusement parks even selling something SLIGHTLY offensive to people.

Part of the problem I had is due to the fact that she would stare me straight in the eye and seem so confident in her words, but didnt question what she just said after seeing how crazy I was going. She thought that I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. Was I? I need to know. I need to know if I am losing my mind and not her.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    DRK, I apologize if this is offensive, really, but you need to drop her like a bad habit. The fact you are even posting this is laughable.

If she doesn't have the sense to not wear a fuck you shirt to six flags and then argues the point then I don't know what else to tell you.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    actually, I dont think this is it at all.

1. She later admitted that her shirt didnt say FUCK YOU, but was kind of like "Puck off" and maybe had an F on the back of the shirt. I still dont know, she cant remember, but she told me it said FUCK YOU and then later, after I was going mental, said it was different. Then, she said that she saw another guy wearing the same shirt. Not millions. Then she THOUGHT that the place actually sold shirts like this since she saw another person wearing it.

I cant even fathom ANY amusement parks even selling something SLIGHTLY offensive to people.

Part of the problem I had is due to the fact that she would stare me straight in the eye and seem so confident in her words, but didnt question what she just said after seeing how crazy I was going. She thought that I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. Was I? I need to know. I need to know if I am losing my mind and not her.
    I wasn't really being serious, it was more of a wild guess. But all that backpedaling does support the theory.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Drk,

As you I grew up near Chicago. I went to Great America at least twice a season as soon as I graduated from Santa's Village. There was no way they were selling t-shirts that said "Fuck You."

They didn't carry anything that was the slightest bit racy. I also think they wouldn't let you into the park with a t-shirt like that or they would make you turn it inside out.

In the late 90s when the gang bangers started making it out there from the city they wouldn't even allow certain color combinations.

Barry and Joe Sebok at Great America
    Last edited by bukowski72; 02-15-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Load Metric
    DRK is the compulsive liar. There was no woman talking about 6flags and there was no T-shirt.

Comments

MumblesBadly: DRK was prolly retelling an episode of IASIP, with some details chg'd to make it look like he has a female friend. (Even a crazy one.)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    DRK, I apologize if this is offensive, really, but you need to drop her like a bad habit. The fact you are even posting this is laughable.

If she doesn't have the sense to not wear a fuck you shirt to six flags and then argues the point then I don't know what else to tell you.

keep reading Tony...it turns out it didnt say FUCK YOU.

I have three shirts that are offensive. One has a sun on it and says "Such a Nice Day...Please dont fuck it up". The other has another sun on it and says "Im just one big fucking ray of sunshine, arent I?" and one is a shirt we made up as a group when we saw PHISH in CO last year that says "PHUCK WORK LETS PARTY" on it. I would NEVER wear those out in public, but rather wear them to music festivals where there are no kids there, and just a bunch of spun wooks, because I know its not appropriate. It has partially to do with not wanting people to judge me as being someone who isnt bright enough to know that its not appropriate.

This was one insane argument we got into over here. I bet the folks below me were laughing.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)= crazy bitch= ends up being shot in the head

Load Metric
    thanks for the comments. Even you Corrigan.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    DRK is the compulsive liar. There was no woman talking about 6flags and there was no T-shirt.

Load Metric
    Bukowski,

What are the chances of making it inside of Great America, 30 times for at least 2 hours at a time, and NOT seeing a person in costume as Bugs, Tweetie, Sylvester, Yosemite Sam, etc?

Thread Information