Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff in the WSOP thread

Load Metric
    Would you be open to taking a Merge transfer? Hero specifically.

I'm assuming, of course, that bitcoins are out of the question...

Platinum
    Load Metric

He can't fold a hand. JK

With your History with UB, what are the odds of Mr. UB busting you. Incredible hand when you look at the back story, the cold war between you two and UB. Why couldn't it happen against any other player, any other tourney, any other table not televised. wow
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 03-28-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available (5 shares) plz

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- 50 shares available (6 shares) plz
    No 10k limit???

Will pm for details

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available (5 shares) plz

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- 50 shares available (6 shares) plz
    No 10k limit???

Will pm for details
    10k limit has been replaced by 5k limit this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Is it safe to assume this is a standard 50/50 staking transaction (as that has never been said that I can see)? For example if I buy one share of the first event and you cash for $101,500 a $100K profit, is my profit $500 (1% of $100K = $1000 X 50% cut)?
    No, this isn't a stake.

These are direct pieces of me.

If you buy 5 shares of an event, that means you have 5% of me. That means I send you 5% of whatever I cash. If I don't cash, the money is gone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Would you be open to taking a Merge transfer? Hero specifically.

I'm assuming, of course, that bitcoins are out of the question...
    If I know and trust you, then yes -- especially if it's well in advance of the event.

PM me for details.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mad Dad:

I have to admit that I don't fully understand all of your questions, but I'll try to explain a bit more.

I am blacking out events where I just don't feel like selling a piece of myself. They aren't necessarily events where I have performed the best. For example, my best tournament performance of all time was at the 2005 $3k Limit Holdem event, which I won and cashed $347,385. However, that one is NOT blacked out.

At the same time, I am only 1-for-7 cashing lifetime in the Main Event, and am just slightly over even monetarily (spent $70k entering, cashed about $80k). That's not being sold. The Bracelet Bounty event is a new event and I'm not sure what my edge is there. I just want all of it for myself.

The edge I feel I have is just an estimate. There's no way to be able to tell this for sure. I mainly base it upon the number of bad or semi-bad players in the field, as well as how I stack up against the better players. The event where I feel I have the lowest edge is the $5k Limit, as I have a feeling that the field will be comprised of mostly really good limit players, with some (but not a whole lot) of rich/degen NL players taking a shot at it (i.e. the bad players).

I also should emphasize that this is mainly for fun, and not for the users of this site to take advantage of a wonderful investment opportunity. I am trying to price things fairly. If I wasn't, I could probably sucker people into paying much higher prices. For example, most people would assume that being a limit bracelet winner, I would have a huge edge in any limit event, and could get a lot more than the markup I'm asking for in the 5k event.

Most of this whole exercise is about people who can't make it to the WSOP (or can only spend a very short time there) having a piece of a player that they are familiar with. Also, when you buy a piece of me, you can be 100% certain that I'm not going to roll or slow-pay you in any way, which isn't something you can't take for granted with most players selling pieces, who tend to do so out of desperation rather than variance control.

Finally, if you still feel that this isn't providing the value that you're looking for, I won't be offended if you choose not to invest. I am playing the listed events regardless of how much is purchased.

Load Metric
    Put me down for 2 shares of event #20.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the list of events I will be playing this year.

One "share" equals 1% of my action.

List of events:
    Event #13 June 5 $1500 Limit Holdem - NOT SELLING

Event #14 June 6 $1500 NL Holdem Shootout - $18/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available 12% Markup

Event #21 June 10 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #25 June 12 $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout - NOT SELLING

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- 40 shares available 28% Markup

Event #40 June 21 $2500 Limit Holdem 6-handed - $30/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #43 June 23 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #44 June 24 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- 50 shares available 23.3% Markup

Event #49 June 27 $1500 Ante Only NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #53 June 30 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #54 July 1 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #XX July 6 $560 Bracelet Bounty NL Holdem - NOT SELLING

Event #61 July 7-9 $10000 NL Holdem Main Event - NOT SELLING

Events marked with a * are ones I won't be able to play if I make Day 2 of the previous day's event. If this occurs, I will "roll" your shares to the next identical event I'm playing. If there are no more identical events left, I will offer you either a refund or to redistribute the money to other events.

Please note that I might play other events that are not listed above. I will post them in this thread when the time comes.

I will be posting very frequent updates regarding my chip stack, tournament progress, and table conditions on my Twitter account: http://twitter.com/ToddWitteles

I will also be starting a separate thread for each event I play.

I know the math is fairly simplistic as you mentioned each share equals 1%, but I think it would be fair to clearly list the markups beside each event. I have taken the liberty of doing this for you.

Im also curious as to why you feel you have one of your best edges in the $3000 Limit holdem event (23.33% markup) but then feel like your worst edge of the entire series is in the same event, only a $5000 buy-in (12% markup)?
    The highest limit event always has the toughest field each year. Not sure why this occurs (other than it being the most money), but for some reason a lot more bad/marginal players are in the $3k and lower events. The softest limit fields will be at the the two $1500 events and the $3k.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Best value IMO is the $2500 mix and the 3k limit.

I have played both of these and logged in a ton of hands with druff over the past year. Druffs skill compared to the field is much greater. If he gets chips he is very VERY dangerous in these 2 for sure.

Buy now or forever hold your peace

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Best value IMO is the $2500 mix and the 3k limit.

I have played both of these and logged in a ton of hands with druff over the past year. Druffs skill compared to the field is much greater. If he gets chips he is very VERY dangerous in these 2 for sure.

Buy now or forever hold your peace
    Yeah the $2500 Mixed Holdem was so disappointing for me last year.

Made a perfect move on an aggro kid to force a large pot 3-way all-in preflop when I was holding AA and of course came in 3rd place.

Load Metric
    Is it safe to assume this is a standard 50/50 staking transaction (as that has never been said that I can see)? For example if I buy one share of the first event and you cash for $101,500 a $100K profit, is my profit $500 (1% of $100K = $1000 X 50% cut)?
    No, this isn't a stake.

If you buy 5 shares of an event, that means you have 5% of me. That means I send you 5% of whatever I cash. If I don't cash, the money is gone.
    I'm clearly confused. Why would you, or any player, just give away their action for free? Sure you are getting into the tourneys cheaper, but I would think that mathematical advantage is directly off set by you giving away value, especially if you feel you are +ev. I guess it's not technically free since there is a markup, but isn't the markup usually just to cover expenses?

I'm definitely interested if this is direct pieces. Let me do some figuring and I will pm you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, this isn't a stake.

I'm clearly confused. Why would you, or any player, just give away their action for free? Sure you are getting into the tourneys cheaper, but I would think that mathematical advantage is directly off set by you giving away value, especially if you feel you are +ev. I guess it's not technically free since there is a markup, but isn't the markup usually just to cover expenses?

I'm definitely interested if this is direct pieces. Let me do some figuring and I will pm you.
    I don't have any hotel expenses, so it doesn't cost me much to enter these beyond the actual buyins.

The markup is to take my edge into consideration, so I'm not huring my own EV by selling pieces.

So yes, these are direct pieces. Whatever percentage you buy is what you get out of what I cash.

If you buy 10 shares of an event, and I cash $10,000, I send you $1,000.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, this isn't a stake.

How is he giving his action away for free? There is markup on each share.

So if Druff decided to sell all of his action on each event he would actually slightly profit and would be playing for a fee.

Basically cutting costs on high variance events where he has an edge

Load Metric
    Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available 2 Shares

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- 40 shares available 5 Shares

$272 USD

I'll take these 2 to start with if you don't mind.
    I'm from Canada so I'll either have to send you an American money order, personal check, or cash. Which do you prefer? I always have a USD stash at home for Vegas trips so none of these options are a problem.
    You can PM me with your answer & your preferred mailing address. I'll be in Vegas April 19th to 23rd but I don't want to risk missing out so I'll mail this out this week if it's ok'd by you. I'll probably want to buy a few more pieces if they are still available by the time I'm in Vegas &, if so, I'll make arrangements to get you the cash when I'm there.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- 40 shares available 4 shares

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- 50 shares available 4 shares
    $276 total

Load Metric

I don't have any hotel expenses, so it doesn't cost me much to enter these beyond the actual buyins.

The markup is to take my edge into consideration, so I'm not huring my own EV by selling pieces.

So yes, these are direct pieces. Whatever percentage you buy is what you get out of what I cash.

If you buy 10 shares of an event, and I cash $10,000, I send you $1,000.
    Thanks for the explanation. It is now much clearer and easier to make an informed decision. In essence you have decided to play the list of event you have shown because you have an varying edge based on your calculations and previous experience. You are offering shares with an event specific mark-up equivalent to the edge you have determined that you have. This means that you maintain the EV whether you sell the shares or not. The person buying the shares is in effect buying an EV neutral proposition for a small mark-up fee. The expectation for the share buyer is break-even expectation - minus the juice, plus the shits and giggles value of having shares in a bracelet winner. A person that buys shares, if they care, will hope that you "run good" in order to profit on the share. It is expected that you will "play good" and this value has already been factored in to the price of the shares. It makes sense at least to me now and an informed decision can be made.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide the explanation!
    Last edited by Mad Dad; 03-29-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Load Metric
    I'll take 1 share across the board - $263. I love "variance grinding"! Hopefully all our support will give you lots of "run good" karma.

Mad "One Time" Dad

Platinum
    Load Metric
    1% across the board, same as last year...I don't remember any return last year but I could be wrong

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I guess it's not technically free since there is a markup
    How is he giving his action away for free? There is markup on each share.
    So you just said what I said? Is this what being trolled feels like? Maybe you should pay less attention to me and more attention to your stake.

Thread Information