Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff in the WSOP thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff in the WSOP thread

The WSOP is about 2 months away, so I figured it was time to get this thread going.

While this is perhaps a bit early to be selling pieces already, I figured I would give the earliest members of this forum to get their pieces first.

I will be posting a full list of events and prices shortly.

Before I post the list of events and their associated share prices, I want everyone to understand the following:

- This is not a stake. You are buying a direct piece of me in the event. Therefore, if I lose, there is no "makeup". The money is gone forever.

- Only about 10% of the players cash in any given event. Even for a good player, the chance of not cashing is a LOT higher than cashing. Please don't wager money you can't afford to lose.

- If I do cash, depending upon the size of your piece, I might require your SSN and other relevant tax info so I can send you a tax form. I won't bother doing so if it's a relatively small amount of money I owe you, but if it's something large, I'm going to have to, or otherwise I will be stuck paying your taxes. Obviously I will keep all of this information confidential. Again, I will skip this and eat the tax implications if it's a small amount of money (just to avoid hassle), but I can't if it's larger.

- I will give a discount to anyone who has bought pieces of me in the past and came out a net loser. You will still be paying some markup, but it will be less than everyone else pays. More details on this later.

- There are certain events where I am not selling pieces. I can already tell you that two of those events are the $10k Main Event and the $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout. I may add more to the "no sell" list. Please don't try to convince me to sell any pieces of events on the "no sell" list, because I won't budge.

- Events will be priced based upon my assessment of their difficulty compared to my skill level. Therefore, the lowest priced (markup percentage) events will be the ones where I feel I have the smallest edge over the average player, and the highest priced will be the ones where I have the greatest edge.

- I might add events that I hadn't previously expected to play. If I do, I will post them in this thread, as well as update the master list of events.

- If I miss an event (due to illness or some other emergency), I will send you a refund within a short period of time. This occurred in 2010 when I got sick and missed the $10k Limit Holdem event, and everyone involved will tell you that they got paid back quickly. I will skip any events where I feel my health is not good enough for me to play my "A" game.

- I will likely not be selling more than 50% of any event. Most will be capped at 40%.

For a list of events being sold and what's available, go here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ull=1#post5862

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, regarding payment, I will accept both check and cash.

Load Metric
    Will you be selling packages or only on an event by event basis?
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Nice, looking forward to the details as I am certainly in.

Load Metric
    I will buy you into the Main event 100%, send me your UB account details and I'll ship.

Book it.

Load Metric
    Todd I will be very interested in this. I have purchased from you in the pass, and will be doing so again. I will also, due to recent action, not be buying pieces of micon. I think everyone should look at his recent dealings and know that it is not in the best interest for anyone to trust someone as unstable as he is right now. He fucked over Jasep, who never did anything to anyone; so I honestly will not trust him with my money anymore (no should anyone else). Todd let me know what you will make available, here's to us cashing!

Load Metric
    BTW did you ever get the money from micon that I sent to him for your stake?? I remember there being a problem with him blowing it on bitcoins #truestory

Load Metric
    Druff I would be very interested if you grouped a couple 1500s or a 2000 together. Gives us more value and not really anymore work on your part.

Also, I am in for 150 to 500 depending on how you group these and what is available to buy.

Load Metric
    I would like to buy a couple small pieces over a couple of events. Anxiously awaiting the sell listings.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I would like to buy a couple small pieces over a couple of events. Anxiously awaiting the sell listings.
    same

Load Metric
    i will gladly take 20%

on credit

Load Metric
    I'm interested, and if I make it out there I'll rail/sweat you bud! I only want the wsop nat. championship...

Load Metric
    Ship me pieces por favor.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the list of events I will be playing this year.

One "share" equals 1% of my action.

If you have bought shares of me in 2011 and were a net loser (this does NOT apply to people who only got a refund in 2010 for an event I couldn't play), you will get a 5% discount on whatever you buy up to the amount you lost with me last year. For example, let's say you bought $1200 worth of me in the $10k Limit Holdem event last year, where I didn't cash. This would mean that I would discount the first $1200 you want this year by 5%, only charging you $1140. If you wanted to buy any more than that, you would pay what everyone else pays. You would also be able to buy less than $1200, and also get that discounted 5%. The discount of 5% may seem like very little, but in reality it actually matters a lot, as it substantially reduces the "juice" I'm charging on each piece.

Ways you can pay me:

1) Check -- send me a PM for address
    2) Give me cash in person -- however, I cannot "reserve" pieces for you, so if someone else buys your piece before we meet up, and I sell out of that event, you're out of luck.
    3) Put money in one of my bank accounts. I have accounts at several major banks. PM me if you want to do this and we will arrange it if possible.

Please do not ask me to sell pieces of the events that are listed as NOT SELLING. I am not going to change my mind on any of those.

Also, please do not clutter this thread with trolling or garbage. I will delete any such posts here, and might ban or suspend people if it becomes a problem.

I am also listing who has a piece of each event. You will only be listed here if I have received your money. If you have just stated intentions to buy but not actually paid yet, you will not be listed.

List of events (and the people who own shares of each one):

Event #14 June 6 $1500 NL Holdem Shootout - $18/share * -- NOT AVAILABLE
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    PLOL - 2
    belly buster - 1
    *** Will miss this event, do not buy more pieces ***

Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- DID NOT CASH (Bubbled!)
    ShadyJ - 1
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Sandwich - 1
    Hockey Guy - 2
    PLOL - 3
    belly buster - 2
    VegasJim - 1
    texter - 1

Event #21 June 10 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share -- WILL NOT PLAY, MADE DAY 2 ABOVE
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    Detroit - 5
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Anonamoose - 5
    PLOL - 4
    belly buster - 1
    Steve-O - 2
    VegasJim - 3
    Beebs9Dizzle - 1
    texter - 1

Event #25 June 12 $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout - NOT SELLING

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- DID NOT CASH
    Mad Dad - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    jsearles22 - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Hockey Guy - 5
    PLOL - 4
    belly buster - 1.375 (0.375 rolled from event #21)
    hotshott74 - 1
    Crowe Diddly - 1
    VegasJim - 1
    pavoe - 1.09375 (received as a prize, hence the fraction)
    texter - 1
    anonamoose - 1.875 (rolled from event #21)
    muzras - 1
    crazyeights - 3

Event #40 June 21 $2500 Limit Holdem 6-handed - $30/share -- DID NOT CASH
    crazyeights - 3
    Mad Dad - 2 (0.6 rolled from event #14, 0.4 rolled from event #21)
    Fergie72 - 2 (0.6 rolled from event #14, 0.4 rolled from event #21)
    Detroit - 4 (2 rolled from event #21)
    tony bagadonuts - 2 (0.6 rolled from event #14, 0.4 rolled from event #21)
    subhuman - 1
    jsearles22 - 1
    Ricky - 2 (0.6 rolled from event #14, 0.4 rolled from event #21)
    Shizzmoney - 3
    Sandwich - 1
    PLOL - 6.8 (1.2 rolled from event #14, 1.6 rolled from event #21)
    belly buster - 1
    VegasJim - 1
    Crowe Diddly - 1
    Steve-O - 1
    Anonamoose - 5
    texter - 1
    deal - 1.167 (won freeroll on 6/5)
    muzras - 1

Event #43 June 23 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- DID NOT CASH
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    belly buster - 1
    VegasJim - 2
    PLOL - 2
    Beebs9Dizzle - 1
    texter - 1

Event #44 June 24 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- DID NOT CASH
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    smithbk - 1
    Norcal Sports - 1
    belly buster - 1
    Steve-O - 3 (1 share rolled from event #21)
    VegasJim - 1
    PLOL - 2
    texter - 1

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- DID NOT CASH
    crazyeights - 3
    Mad Dad -1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    jsearles22 - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Sandwich - 2
    PLOL - 5
    smithbk - 1
    belly buster - 1
    VegasJim - 1
    Crowe Diddly - 1
    Anonamoose - 3
    texter - 1
    subhuman - 0.4865 (rolled from event #14)
    Hockey Guy - 2

Event #49 June 27 $1500 Ante Only NL Holdem - $18/share -- DID NOT CASH
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Anonamoose - 4
    belly buster - 1
    VegasJim - 1
    PLOL - 1
    texter - 1

Event #53 June 30 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- CASHED $4445 105/3166
    Mad Dad - 1 - owed $44.45
    Fergie72 - 1 - owed $44.45
    tony bagadonuts - 1 - owed $44.45
    subhuman - 1 - owed $44.45
    Ricky - 1 - owed $44.45
    Sandwich - 2 - owed $88.90
    belly buster - 1 - owed $44.45
    Crowe Diddly - 1 - owed $44.45
    TheTemplar - 1 - owed $44.45
    VegasJim - 1 - owed $44.45
    PLOL - 2 - owed $88.90
    texter - 1 - owed $44.45
    Detroit - 1 - owed $44.45
    Hockey Guy - 1 - owed $44.45

Event #54 July 1 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- DID NOT PLAY, SEE THIS POST: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post49283
    Mad Dad - 1
    Fergie72 - 1
    tony bagadonuts - 1
    subhuman - 1
    Ricky - 1
    Hockey Guy - 2
    mtnDew - 2
    belly buster - 1
    VegasJim - 2
    Steve-O - 3 (1 share rolled from event #21)
    PLOL - 2
    texter - 1
    Beebs9Dizzle - 1 (rolled from event #21)

Event #XX July 6 $560 Bracelet Bounty NL Holdem - CLOSED
    Mad Dad - 1.714 shares (rolled from Event #54)
    Fergie - 1.714 (rolled from Event #54)
    belly buster - 1.714 (rolled from Event #54)
    Steve-O - 5.14 (rolled from Event #54)
    tony bagadonuts - 1.714 shares (rolled from Event #54)
    subhuman - 1.714 shares (rolled from Event #54)

Event #61 July 7-9 $10000 NL Holdem Main Event - NOT SELLING

Events marked with a * are ones I won't be able to play if I make Day 2 of the previous day's event. If this occurs, I will "roll" your shares to the next identical event I'm playing. If there are no more identical events left, I will offer you either a refund or to redistribute the money to other events.

Please note that I might play other events that are not listed above. I will post them in this thread when the time comes.

I will be posting very frequent updates regarding my chip stack, tournament progress, and table conditions on my Twitter account: http://twitter.com/ToddWitteles

I will also be starting a separate thread for each event I play. You can find these threads in this forum: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/for...eries-of-Poker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is the list of events I will be playing this year.

One "share" equals 1% of my action.

List of events:
    Event #13 June 5 $1500 Limit Holdem - NOT SELLING

Event #14 June 6 $1500 NL Holdem Shootout - $18/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available 12% Markup

Event #21 June 10 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #25 June 12 $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout - NOT SELLING

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- 40 shares available 28% Markup

Event #40 June 21 $2500 Limit Holdem 6-handed - $30/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #43 June 23 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #44 June 24 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #48 June 26 $3000 Limit Holdem - $37/share -- 50 shares available 23.3% Markup

Event #49 June 27 $1500 Ante Only NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #53 June 30 $1500 NL Holdem - $18/share -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #54 July 1 $1000 NL Holdem - $12/share * -- 40 shares available 20% Markup

Event #XX July 6 $560 Bracelet Bounty NL Holdem - NOT SELLING

Event #61 July 7-9 $10000 NL Holdem Main Event - NOT SELLING

Events marked with a * are ones I won't be able to play if I make Day 2 of the previous day's event. If this occurs, I will "roll" your shares to the next identical event I'm playing. If there are no more identical events left, I will offer you either a refund or to redistribute the money to other events.

Please note that I might play other events that are not listed above. I will post them in this thread when the time comes.

I will be posting very frequent updates regarding my chip stack, tournament progress, and table conditions on my Twitter account: http://twitter.com/ToddWitteles

I will also be starting a separate thread for each event I play.

I know the math is fairly simplistic as you mentioned each share equals 1%, but I think it would be fair to clearly list the markups beside each event. I have taken the liberty of doing this for you.

Im also curious as to why you feel you have one of your best edges in the $3000 Limit holdem event (23.33% markup) but then feel like your worst edge of the entire series is in the same event, only a $5000 buy-in (12% markup)?
    Last edited by jsearles22; 03-28-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Load Metric
    Druff, thanks for offering this to us. I am very interested to participate. I find the arrangements a little unnecessarily complex - variable markups, some events blacked out, variable percents being sold etc. I think you have said many many times that you will not take a gamble without having an edge - that is wise advice. I suspect you believe you have an edge in these tournaments. If I am to invest, I would like to understand the edge I have to make it worthwhile. Without understanding my edge, it is hard to decide to invest. I was wondering if you could address two specific questions:

1) What is the explanation for blacking out two events? (where you are not selling any percentage) - At first glance, it seems you are pulling out the events where you have the greatest edge based on previous results. Of course you can do this, but then this affects the edge on the remaining events which an investor has to consider.
    2) What is the edge that you believe you have and please justify it briefly with facts so we can make an informed investment / gamble. I suspect the edge you have is one or both of the following. Either you cash more often than the average player, or you cash for larger amounts than the average cash.

So for 2), I think something like this would be in order.
    "I have enter XX events in my lifetime and I have cashed 13 times (comment: very impressive, sir) which you can verify on Hendon Mod at:http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=44406 This means I cashed 20% more often than the average and that explains the 20% premium on face value (or whatever it is) that I am asking for. Also when I cash, the amount I cash is 20 percent more than average so that is why I am asking for 20% premium on face value. My advice is if you want to gamble it up a bit, buy a lot on an event where I am more likely to cash based on my past results such as the low buy-in NL events or the higher buy-in Limit events. On the other hand, if you want to pretty much have the same risk that I have, buy a fixed percent of all my action - except of course the action I am not sharing with anyone - which you have to factor into your thinking because I most certainly have."

I suggest you make the premium / discount on face value the same for all events and not different. Making it different makes it unnecessarily complicated. I also suggest you sell off the same percentage - whether 40% or 50% of all events you sell. I also suggest you include all events and not black out any. I also suggest you offer a package which is based on 1% of your entire action you are selling off. By my calculation it is $263 to buy 1% for the series, of course minus the blacked out events. It would be about $500 if you include the blacked out event which I suggest you do.

I begin with I am inclined to buy a piece. I just can't understand the value at the moment. As it stands now, I find it too complicated to make an informed choice, so this is getting in my way. Perhaps others feel the same - I don't know. I hope you can provide some more information and perhaps simplify and make your offer more comprehensive.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mad Dad; 03-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    I suggest you make the premium / discount on face value the same for all events and not different. Making it different makes it unnecessarily complicated. I also suggest you sell off the same percentage - whether 40% or 50% of all events you sell. I also suggest you include all events and not black out any. I also suggest you offer a package which is based on 1% of your entire action you are selling off. By my calculation it is $263 to buy 1% for the series.
    Thanks.
    You sir are the one who is making this way too complicated. $263 would get you 1% of Druffs action for the series. If you buy one share of each you will end up paying a 19.5454% aggregate markup (i did the math).

Load Metric
    Is it safe to assume this is a standard 50/50 staking transaction (as that has never been said that I can see)? For example if I buy one share of the first event and you cash for $101,500 a $100K profit, is my profit $500 (1% of $100K = $1000 X 50% cut)?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am interested in buying a couple of shares, not sure which. Will be in Vegas within the next two weeks. Will pm you when I arrive to meet in person and give cash in hand.

Load Metric
    Event #20 June 9 $5000 Limit Holdem - $56/share -- 50 shares available (1 Please)

Event #35 June 18 $2500 Mixed Holdem - $32/share -- 40 shares available (2 Please)

Event #40 June 21 $2500 Limit Holdem 6-handed - $30/share -- 40 shares available (2 Please)

That equals $180, will PM after work just wanted to reserve now.

Probably will buy more latter just need to figure out what specifically.

Thread Information