Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff in the WSOP thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Buy a piece of Dan Druff in the WSOP thread

The WSOP is about 2 months away, so I figured it was time to get this thread going.

While this is perhaps a bit early to be selling pieces already, I figured I would give the earliest members of this forum to get their pieces first.

I will be posting a full list of events and prices shortly.

Before I post the list of events and their associated share prices, I want everyone to understand the following:

- This is not a stake. You are buying a direct piece of me in the event. Therefore, if I lose, there is no "makeup". The money is gone forever.

- Only about 10% of the players cash in any given event. Even for a good player, the chance of not cashing is a LOT higher than cashing. Please don't wager money you can't afford to lose.

- If I do cash, depending upon the size of your piece, I might require your SSN and other relevant tax info so I can send you a tax form. I won't bother doing so if it's a relatively small amount of money I owe you, but if it's something large, I'm going to have to, or otherwise I will be stuck paying your taxes. Obviously I will keep all of this information confidential. Again, I will skip this and eat the tax implications if it's a small amount of money (just to avoid hassle), but I can't if it's larger.

- I will give a discount to anyone who has bought pieces of me in the past and came out a net loser. You will still be paying some markup, but it will be less than everyone else pays. More details on this later.

- There are certain events where I am not selling pieces. I can already tell you that two of those events are the $10k Main Event and the $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout. I may add more to the "no sell" list. Please don't try to convince me to sell any pieces of events on the "no sell" list, because I won't budge.

- Events will be priced based upon my assessment of their difficulty compared to my skill level. Therefore, the lowest priced (markup percentage) events will be the ones where I feel I have the smallest edge over the average player, and the highest priced will be the ones where I have the greatest edge.

- I might add events that I hadn't previously expected to play. If I do, I will post them in this thread, as well as update the master list of events.

- If I miss an event (due to illness or some other emergency), I will send you a refund within a short period of time. This occurred in 2010 when I got sick and missed the $10k Limit Holdem event, and everyone involved will tell you that they got paid back quickly. I will skip any events where I feel my health is not good enough for me to play my "A" game.

- I will likely not be selling more than 50% of any event. Most will be capped at 40%.

For a list of events being sold and what's available, go here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ull=1#post5862

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, regarding payment, I will accept both check and cash.

Load Metric
    Will you be selling packages or only on an event by event basis?
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Nice, looking forward to the details as I am certainly in.

Load Metric
    Did you accept my purchase of 1 share of event #40 using $30 of my $35 pfa credit from the last radio tournament?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Did you accept my purchase of 1 share of event #40 using $30 of my $35 pfa credit from the last radio tournament?
    yes

Load Metric
    I will buy you into the Main event 100%, send me your UB account details and I'll ship.

Book it.

Load Metric
    Todd I will be very interested in this. I have purchased from you in the pass, and will be doing so again. I will also, due to recent action, not be buying pieces of micon. I think everyone should look at his recent dealings and know that it is not in the best interest for anyone to trust someone as unstable as he is right now. He fucked over Jasep, who never did anything to anyone; so I honestly will not trust him with my money anymore (no should anyone else). Todd let me know what you will make available, here's to us cashing!

Load Metric
    BTW did you ever get the money from micon that I sent to him for your stake?? I remember there being a problem with him blowing it on bitcoins #truestory

Load Metric
    Druff I would be very interested if you grouped a couple 1500s or a 2000 together. Gives us more value and not really anymore work on your part.

Also, I am in for 150 to 500 depending on how you group these and what is available to buy.

Load Metric
    I would like to buy a couple small pieces over a couple of events. Anxiously awaiting the sell listings.

Thread Information