Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympics to Drop Wrestling

Load Metric

Olympics to Drop Wrestling

Wrestling, one of the most ancient and elemental Olympic sports, was removed from the Summer Games in a stunning and widely criticized decision Tuesday by the International Olympic Committee.
    Readers’ Comments

Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling will be contested at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, but they will be excluded from the 2020 Summer Games, which have not yet been awarded, the I.O.C. said Tuesday.There is a chance that the Olympic committee can change its mind at a meeting in May, when it considers the 26th sport to add to the 2020 Games, but wrestling’s future seems doubtful at the moment, according to veteran observers of the Games.

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They need to keep it otherwise add MMA since by 2020 even more countries will have a boom of fighters.

They also need to bring back baseball even if it's always a team of D Grade player from the USA that is always playing it's still better then badminton and water polo.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    They need to keep it otherwise add MMA since by 2020 even more countries will have a boom of fighters.

They also need to bring back baseball even if it's always a team of D Grade player from the USA that is always playing it's still better then badminton and water polo.
    While I am not a huge MMA fan I think it would be a great Olympic sport. The only thing I wonder is there a restriction on how often guys can fight?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

While I am not a huge MMA fan I think it would be a great Olympic sport. The only thing I wonder is there a restriction on how often guys can fight?
    That would be the big issue regarding if people can fight multiple times and how long to schedule rounds,etc.

Currently in UFC and many other MMA leagues it's three rounds that are five minutes each with championship bouts having 5 rounds at three minutes each. In an olympic format you would have to make the rounds shorter so maybe something like two three minute rounds with a sudden death third round if the fight is even after that.

As for if someone could fight again that would all depend on the health of people but I would think each country would want to stack their team with enough people so they wouldn't run out.

Kickboxing could be an olympic sport too and that might be very entertaining/competitive.

Load Metric
    Does anyone else think that the Olympics kind of suck?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This blows my mind. I don't see how they even considered dropping it. Has it become that unpopular?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post
    This blows my mind. I don't see how they even considered dropping it. Has it become that unpopular?

No there are more wrestling clubs for younger kids now than there were in the 80's

Load Metric
    Are they keeping trampolining?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Complete disgrace.

There are about 20 events that you probably never even heard of they could have axed, and they choose fucking wrestling???

Load Metric
    Wrestling must have a shitty lobby if they aloud this to happen.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

Baseball? Really?

Could be way off, but isn't it only America and maybe Japan? who play the game professionally or to any kind of decent standard.

No problem if it created some good action between several nations. But not sure who them nations would be.

Cricket be a more deserving claim imo. The 20/20 version of the game.

Would have a group of around 10 competitive teams and is a sport that is regularly watched by a billion odd people.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Baseball? Really?

Could be way off, but isn't it only America and maybe Japan? who play the game professionally or to any kind of decent standard.

No problem if it created some good action between several nations. But not sure who them nations would be.

Would have a group of around 10 competitive teams and is a sport that is regularly watched by a billion odd people.
    Baseball is played in USA, Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Japan, Venezuela, South Korea, Netherlands, and a few others I'm missing.

When you look at a sport like Ping Pong how many countries actually take that shit seriously?

Cricket is nominee worthy or hell even Pool/Billiards is over some of the shit events they got now.

Then in the Winter Olympics you got a game like Curling. I'm sorry to whoever thinks that game is good but it's utter shit.

Load Metric

Baseball? Really?

The lack of knowledge on baseball kinda hurts your opinion in the football thread.

Baseball is big in Japan and South Korea, picking up in China, along with practically all of North, Central, and South America, the Caribbean also.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Baseball? Really?

The lack of knowledge on baseball kinda hurts your opinion in the football thread.

Baseball is big in Japan and South Korea, picking up in China, along with practically all of North, Central, and South America, the Caribbean also.

ya most tho's places dont go the olympics. and curling is the shit. Have you watched drunk or high; the jokes are endless

I dont care what happens with the olympics as long as they dont axe weightlifting. I dont want anyone to denie me classic youtube videos like these

Load Metric

Baseball? Really?

Baseball is played in USA, Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Japan, Venezuela, South Korea, Netherlands, and a few others I'm missing.

When you look at a sport like Ping Pong how many countries actually take that shit seriously?

Cricket is nominee worthy or hell even Pool/Billiards is over some of the shit events they got now.

Then in the Winter Olympics you got a game like Curling. I'm sorry to whoever thinks that game is good but it's utter shit.

Didn't know baseball reached out to that many nations tbh. But if they did bring it back then would hope the USA team would field a few lesser players to keep it competitive like you say.

And several years ago I woulda agreed with you on the Curling. But then our female team won the gold and all bets were off! Then became the most watched event in the UK. (we don't win many medals at the winter games)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Baseball? Really?

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but I've never watched a game of baseball in my life.

Not sure how that hurts my opinion on football?

Actually not sure were you're coming from at all tbh.
    Last edited by Lord of the Fraud; 02-12-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Load Metric

Baseball? Really?

Name:  tom-cruise-laughing.gif
Views: 2775
Size:  833.3 KB

Is there ANYTHING you aren't completely clueless about? Only America and Japan? Are all Eurotrash this absolutely clueless?
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Baseball? Really?

Is there ANYTHING you aren't completely clueless about? Only America and Japan? Are all Eurotrash this absolutely clueless?

Ya seriously didn't know.

Baseball gets very little coverage here at all (if any) so not something I'd know unless I researched it myself. And that would likely also apply to almost the rest of Europe.

And yeah I coulda researched my own questions on the sport and saved any kind of discussion at all.

But isn't part of the reason we're all here is to express opinions?

BAP seemed happy enough to discuss it without spazzing out.

Pretty funny that you bomb into a harmless thread with your pants down and guns blazing though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Ya seriously didn't know.

Baseball gets very little coverage here at all (if any) so not something I'd know unless I researched it myself. And that would likely also apply to almost the rest of Europe.

And yeah I coulda researched my own questions on the sport and saved any kind of discussion at all.

But isn't part of the reason we're all here is to express opinions?

BAP seemed happy enough to discuss it without spazzing out.

Pretty funny that you bomb into a harmless thread with your pants down and guns blazing though.
    Pointing out that you are a dipshit is not "guns blazing". You are just as clueless about this as you are everything else. Baseball is only popular in the US and Japan? That isn't a point of discussion, that is a ticket to the short bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Wrestling must have a shitty lobby if they aloud this to happen.
    Probably didn't think it was possible they would drop the sport IMO

Thread Information