Thread: Reddit Deathbed Confessions

Load Metric

Reddit Deathbed Confessions

Lots of moving stuff here. This might be my favorite so far:
    Paramedic here.....I was transporting/treating at drunk 20 something who nailed a big tree. He was messed up pretty bad and drunk as hell. I asked him were he had been partying, to which he told me. I asked how was the crowd? He muttered "so many hot bitches." He went unconscious, vitals tanked, and he died.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...medics_etc_of/
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

Seriously? You are moved by that? You don't know them from Adam!

FFS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Seriously? You are moved by that? You don't know them from Adam!

FFS
    I don't need to know someone to connect with something that they say or do. It's called being human.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Les in a few years:

The closest thing I had to a death bed confession was a young guy (55 years old) who was dying of liver failure after years of severe alcoholism. He broke down to me, crying, saying how he never gave his family enough time. It was all devoted to his job and alcohol. He seemed incredibly remorseful.

About a half hour later, his mom, his sister, and his brother all came to visit him, and he promptly threw them all out of his room, saying they were talking too loud. It was an odd day.

Load Metric
    Sat here and scrolled through the site for a couple of hours. nice find.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Sat here and scrolled through the site for a couple of hours. nice find.
    It's pretty addictive. I've been a member for over 4 years and it's been interesting watching it get much more popular over the past 2.

There are "default" subreddits that everyone gets subscribed to when they create an account. Some of them are terrible, like /r/atheism. I'm a diehard atheist, and I think those people are just obnoxious.

Check out /r/cars, /r/nfl (which is obviously quieting down for the offseason), and you might like /r/philadelphia.

Load Metric
    this is close to a death bed confession and an interesting story:

"The recent death of Essie Mae Washington-Williams at age 87 serves as a fascinating reminder of the strange juncture between the traditions of race and sex in the American South of the 20th century. It has elements of politics and sociology that are distinctive and, yet, undercover.

Washington-Williams was a dignified widow and grandmother who lived in South Carolina. She was also the interracial daughter of one of the most notorious segregationists of his era: the late Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina.

The oddity and incredible nature of this bit of history must be viewed in context.

Thurmond, in his public pronouncements, was hardly passive on the topic of race. He represented South Carolina in the Senate from 1954 until 2003, the year he died at age 100. He was a Democrat until 1964, when he switched to the Republican Party. He was moved to change parties by his passionate opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He was also motivated by a desire to prevent the “mongrelization” of the south.

As governor of South Carolina, Thurmond ran for president of the United States in 1948 as the candidate of the segregationist States Rights Democratic Party, the so-called Dixiecrats. He was motivated to run by the decision of President Harry S. Truman to order the desegregation of the U.S. Army and to support the elimination of poll taxes, which discriminated against Black voters. He won 2.4 percent of the popular vote and 39 electoral votes.

The man who was such a strong advocate of segregation was yet involved as a young man with Carrie Butler, a Black teenage maid in the Thurmond household. Together, they became the parents of Washington-Williams, who kept secret the identity of her father until after his death in 2003. Thurmond never acknowledged his Black daughter publicly during his lifetime. But by her own account, Washington-Williams received visits and money from Thurmond over the years."

http://www.bet.com/news/national/201...the-south.html
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 02-08-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    this is close to a death bed confession and an interesting story:

"The recent death of Essie Mae Washington-Williams at age 87 serves as a fascinating reminder of the strange juncture between the traditions of race and sex in the American South of the 20th century. It has elements of politics and sociology that are distinctive and, yet, undercover.

Washington-Williams was a dignified widow and grandmother who lived in South Carolina. She was also the interracial daughter of one of the most notorious segregationists of his era: the late Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina.

The oddity and incredible nature of this bit of history must be viewed in context.

Thurmond, in his public pronouncements, was hardly passive on the topic of race. He represented South Carolina in the Senate from 1954 until 2003, the year he died at age 100. He was a Democrat until 1964, when he switched to the Republican Party. He was moved to change parties by his passionate opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He was also motivated by a desire to prevent the “mongrelization” of the south.

As governor of South Carolina, Thurmond ran for president of the United States in 1948 as the candidate of the segregationist States Rights Democratic Party, the so-called Dixiecrats. He was motivated to run by the decision of President Harry S. Truman to order the desegregation of the U.S. Army and to support the elimination of poll taxes, which discriminated against Black voters. He won 2.4 percent of the popular vote and 39 electoral votes.

The man who was such a strong advocate of segregation was yet involved as a young man with Carrie Butler, a Black teenage maid in the Thurmond household. Together, they became the parents of Washington-Williams, who kept secret the identity of her father until after his death in 2003. Thurmond never acknowledged his Black daughter publicly during his lifetime. But by her own account, Washington-Williams received visits and money from Thurmond over the years."

http://www.bet.com/news/national/201...the-south.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    There are "default" subreddits that everyone gets subscribed to when they create an account. Some of them are terrible, like /r/atheism. I'm a diehard atheist, and I think those people are just obnoxious.

I've been on Reddit for about the same period of time. I hear that /r/trueatheism and (surprsingly) /r/christianity are good alternatives for rational discussion. Similar alternatives exist for most of the awful default subreddits.

/r/poker is always good for a laugh. /r/bestof is one of the large subreddits that I actually enjoy the most.

Load Metric
    [–]RDarkLord 835 points 7 days ago
    A few years ago, my father had a massive heart attack, and had to undergo a quintuple bypass and three valve repairs. I flew down to where he was living with my 86 year old grandma- they were looking for donor tissue (veins) that would match my dad, because they were concerned about patching something in from another body part (I don't know why). I volunteered, being family, and after they did the required comparability tests, a doctor came in, sat me down and explained that I could not be a donor because not only was I not a match I wasn't even related to him. I could never bring myself to tell him- he's still in my heart my dad. TLR- tried to be a donor for my father, found out he's not my dad.

Thread Information