Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Poker Coming to New Jersey... very soon.

Load Metric

Internet Poker Coming to New Jersey... very soon.

The wheels are now in motion. There was a lot of speculation over what Christie would do with the bill that passed through the New Jersey legislature. Whether he would sign it, veto it, or issue a conditional veto. Today he issued a conditional veto, with only minor changes to the bill. He wants it to be taxed at 15% instead of 10%. He wants more money for problem gambling. And he wants to limit it to 10 years, after which the program will be re-evaluated and has the potential to be ammended. Also, the sites will still be allowed to offer all types of gaming. Not just poker.

Congress now has to craft legislation to suit Christie's demands.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...vSvA0k.twitter

PokerStars has already positioned themselves in New Jersey. We'll get to see if New Jersey is big enough to support an online poker room. Unfortunately, I will most likely be banned for life from the largest New Jersey online poker room.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    SO we have Nevada, California, Washington DC, and New Jersey?

Something always falls out so who really gets online poker first?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

We could have a New Jersey online poker room up and operating as early as March.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Unfortunately, I will most likely be banned for life from the largest New Jersey online poker room.
    Did they not give into your demands yet?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Unfortunately, I will most likely be banned for life from the largest New Jersey online poker room.
    Did they not give into your demands yet?
    They said they see no reason why they should hypothecate the money to charity.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric

We could have a New Jersey online poker room up and operating as early as March.
    It will take at least 5 years before any site can find a "poker investigator"

Load Metric
    For someone who lives in NJ this is cool news.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    March? I'll believe it when I see it but good luck to you.

Load Metric
    Senators who backed the original bill, are saying the new bill could get passed through in "a matter of weeks". There's no opposition at this point. It's my understanding that as soon as the bill passes, sites can start operating very soon. Maybe March is a bit optimistic, but I would bet before July 1st at even money.
    TRUMP 2024!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Senators who backed the original bill, are saying the new bill could get passed through in "a matter of weeks". There's no opposition at this point. It's my understanding that as soon as the bill passes, sites can start operating very soon. Maybe March is a bit optimistic, but I would bet before July 1st at even money.
    You are the fucking guy that just rolled PS for $1,000?

This bill is DOA. The Feds will block it. They will use the interstate commerce clause because they know people from out of state will get proxys. You think they are that fucking stupid? You sound like one of these clowns that think Congress is actually considering lifting the online poker legislation. It's NEVER going to happen, at least this decade. Nobody gives a shit, get that through your fucking skull.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

This bill is DOA. The Feds will block it. They will use the interstate commerce clause because they know people from out of state will get proxys. You think they are that fucking stupid? You sound like one of these clowns that think Congress is actually considering lifting the online poker legislation. It's NEVER going to happen, at least this decade. Nobody gives a shit, get that through your fucking skull.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

No they won't. They won't allow inter-state gaming. The Feds have no interest in this. But if you'd like to bet me I'm wrong, I'd be happy to escrow with Druff. It's possible that it could fail because the population of New Jersey is a little under 9 million. But I think New Jersey is just big enough to have a good poker room. If California, New York, or Illinois ever got online poker, I would very seriously consider moving to those states.

But I'm glad we have somebody filling in Jsearles' shoes nicely.
    TRUMP 2024!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i can see this definitely happening in short order...christie is a no bullshit kinda guy...

all he cares about is protecting AC...always wondered why they didnt have poker in the dog/horse racing tracks in NJ like they do down in FLA...buddy of mine heard an interview with christie and he said he only cared about protecting AC...

if this online gaming thing can help AC, he's gonna sign it into law...i mean he wanted to get sports gambling into jersey...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PokerStars has already positioned themselves in New Jersey. We'll get to see if New Jersey is big enough to support an online poker room. Unfortunately, I will most likely be banned for life from the largest New Jersey online poker room.
    Corruption from the start. Which translates to... People at the top are already on the payroll.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

Corruption from the start. Which translates to... People at the top are already on the payroll.
    Of course. Welcome to politics my friend.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    The states that have passed legalized online poker are Nevada and Delaware. DC has a bill but they fall under Congress's thumb.

When the DOJ changed their interpretation of the wire act they paved the way for states to offer online poekr without federal interference (essentially, unless you are offering sportsbetting there will be zero federal intervention)

March and even July is wishful thinking. they have to get regualtors in place, outside testing on software, etc. Nevada will launch soon, NJ probably no until the end of the year if the bill passes
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    And as usual the PPA will be taking credit.

And somebody posted this on 4 and made me lol:
    He gonna be mad when he finds out Cake Poker is not eligible for a license.
    Last edited by PLOL; 02-08-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There is a 0.0 chance online poker is going to be legal, anywhere in the US for foreseeable future, maybe in 10 years though. I am not sure why you faggots are deluding yourself.

The internet is interstate commerce, which means Congress has control, and they are not going to allow an avenue which could allow money laundering, which is precisely why bitcoins will go down. The reason Christie vetoed the bill is because someone probably told him from the Justice Department it would be crushed. Oh he wants to run for President, so do any of you fucking dorks think he is going to saddle his career for a few fucking assholes in New Jersey can play online poker when they can play it live?

Some of the most gullible muther fuckers are on this site, starting with the OP

Load Metric
    There is a 0.0 chance online poker is going to be legal, anywhere in the US for foreseeable future, maybe in 10 years though. I am not sure why you faggots are deluding yourself.

The internet is interstate commerce, which means Congress has control, and they are not going to allow an avenue which could allow money laundering, which is precisely why bitcoins will go down. The reason Christie vetoed the bill is because someone probably told him from the Justice Department it would be crushed. Oh he wants to run for President, so do any of you fucking dorks think he is going to saddle his career for a few fucking assholes in New Jersey can play online poker when they can play it live?

Did you even read the article in the OP?

Load Metric

Hi, thank you for not being informed at all on the subject. Internet poker will be legal in the state of New Jersey with-in a few weeks. It's not interstate commerce, as only those physically in New Jersey will be able to participate. Christie did not veto the bill. He issued a conditional veto with only a few minor tweaks. Once the bill gets amended Christie will sign it. He has already tweeted his support:
    I support online gaming w/ safeguards in place 2 limit risk of gambling addiction while fostering revitalization of AC http://bit.ly/14GgrTu
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information