Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Kiss him goodbye: Bellagio poker room director Doug Dalton has been fired

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,012
    Blog Entries
    2

    Kiss him goodbye: Bellagio poker room director Doug Dalton has been fired

    Here is Doug Dalton, on the left. Tournament director Jack McClelland is on the right:



    While I did not have much personal interaction with Dalton, I can tell you that he ran the Bellagio poker room into the ground.

    Rather than explain it myself, here is a great description of the problems there by Gobboboy on 2+2:

    They had a free monopoly on the las vegas poker market for a long time but they never adapted to what people wanted. The tournaments were what drew people in and defined their reputation and they consistently ignored peoples' requests as poker changed in 2006-2007 and it just went downhill fast. They only ran gigantic NL tournaments when the economy was crashing which just made things worse because when people see past turnouts it decides future turnouts. They got some embarrassing numbers for a few big tournaments.

    The poker room itself was another story. They give no two shits about anyone but the people who play like 25/50+ nl but for them they will do pretty much anything for. It leads to the high stakes players saying the bellagio is awesome which gets the tourists in there but it never keeps them there. The room is cramped cramped cramped, the comps system sucks, the floors in general hate their jobs and make you feel like you're bothering them and they kept a physical clip board to keep track of the boards for the longest time so they could keep up with their bribery racket for the lists. I heard it was as bad or nearly as bad as Commerce at one point which is pretty f'ing bad.

    Basically Doug and Jack are just way too stuck in their ways and they're really fucking smug about it too which makes you want to punch them. They have a ton of lieutenants under them who are young and really really want to change things but don't have the power to do it and can't even TALK about it publicly or else they can get in serious trouble.
    As someone who has played a lot at Bellagio, the above is an excellent summary.

    In addition, they have a terrible situation there regarding both the cocktail waitresses and the food (especially the food). Often a long period of time passes before you see a cocktail waitress, and food orders frequently take 90-120 minutes to compete. The food typically comes from room service. I have a hard time believing that a person in a room calling for food would have the equivalent wait. I believe that the poker room gets a lesser priority, perhaps because it's assumed that poker players are already doing something (playing poker) and won't be as agitated waiting for the food. A good poker director would press to get these matters fixed, even if they originate from different departments. It was clear that Dalton didn't give a shit.

    However, Dalton did seem to give a shit about enforcing silly rules, even if everyone at the table agreed to do otherwise. I can't tell you how many times I heard from the dealer, "I'd love to, but we have orders from above that we'll be fired if we do this..."

    Ask any regular player at Bellagio, and they will tell you about favortism, bad attitudes, and a sense of entitlement from the staff there.

    Finally some decent alternatives appeared (such as Aria and Venetian), and people left in droves.

    Now they're finally getting the message at Bellagio, and gave the old fuck the boot -- albeit many years too late.

    BTW, for those of you that have the very useful Bravo poker app on your phone, you probably noticed that MGM-owned properties (including) were NOT listed. This was never explained, but was definitely a decision by the MGM properties not to cooperate. As soon as Dalton was fired, all MGM properties appeared there. No way this was a coincidence. I have a feeling that Dalton was influential in keeping their rooms off the Bravo app, and it probably had something to do with money.

    Good riddance.

    Here is a picture of Sean McCormack, who might be taking over:



    Regarding the girls in that pic, the guys on 2+2 seem to like the one on the left better than the one next to her. I think second-to-left is the best by far, even though she's a bit too skinny.

  2. #2
    Gold LLL's Avatar
    Reputation
    202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karen Ave.
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is Doug Dalton, on the left. Tournament director Jack McClelland is on the right:



    While I did not have much personal interaction with Dalton, I can tell you that he ran the Bellagio poker room into the ground.

    Rather than explain it myself, here is a great description of the problems there by Gobboboy on 2+2:

    They had a free monopoly on the las vegas poker market for a long time but they never adapted to what people wanted. The tournaments were what drew people in and defined their reputation and they consistently ignored peoples' requests as poker changed in 2006-2007 and it just went downhill fast. They only ran gigantic NL tournaments when the economy was crashing which just made things worse because when people see past turnouts it decides future turnouts. They got some embarrassing numbers for a few big tournaments.

    The poker room itself was another story. They give no two shits about anyone but the people who play like 25/50+ nl but for them they will do pretty much anything for. It leads to the high stakes players saying the bellagio is awesome which gets the tourists in there but it never keeps them there. The room is cramped cramped cramped, the comps system sucks, the floors in general hate their jobs and make you feel like you're bothering them and they kept a physical clip board to keep track of the boards for the longest time so they could keep up with their bribery racket for the lists. I heard it was as bad or nearly as bad as Commerce at one point which is pretty f'ing bad.

    Basically Doug and Jack are just way too stuck in their ways and they're really fucking smug about it too which makes you want to punch them. They have a ton of lieutenants under them who are young and really really want to change things but don't have the power to do it and can't even TALK about it publicly or else they can get in serious trouble.
    As someone who has played a lot at Bellagio, the above is an excellent summary.

    In addition, they have a terrible situation there regarding both the cocktail waitresses and the food (especially the food). Often a long period of time passes before you see a cocktail waitress, and food orders frequently take 90-120 minutes to compete. The food typically comes from room service. I have a hard time believing that a person in a room calling for food would have the equivalent wait. I believe that the poker room gets a lesser priority, perhaps because it's assumed that poker players are already doing something (playing poker) and won't be as agitated waiting for the food. A good poker director would press to get these matters fixed, even if they originate from different departments. It was clear that Dalton didn't give a shit.

    However, Dalton did seem to give a shit about enforcing silly rules, even if everyone at the table agreed to do otherwise. I can't tell you how many times I heard from the dealer, "I'd love to, but we have orders from above that we'll be fired if we do this..."

    Ask any regular player at Bellagio, and they will tell you about favortism, bad attitudes, and a sense of entitlement from the staff there.

    Finally some decent alternatives appeared (such as Aria and Venetian), and people left in droves.

    Now they're finally getting the message at Bellagio, and gave the old fuck the boot -- albeit many years too late.

    BTW, for those of you that have the very useful Bravo poker app on your phone, you probably noticed that MGM-owned properties (including) were NOT listed. This was never explained, but was definitely a decision by the MGM properties not to cooperate. As soon as Dalton was fired, all MGM properties appeared there. No way this was a coincidence. I have a feeling that Dalton was influential in keeping their rooms off the Bravo app, and it probably had something to do with money.

    Good riddance.

    Here is a picture of Sean McCormack, who might be taking over:



    Regarding the girls in that pic, the guys on 2+2 seem to like the one on the left better than the one next to her. I think second-to-left is the best by far, even though she's a bit too skinny.

    The correct answer is the 2nd one from the right.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is Doug Dalton, on the left. Tournament director Jack McClelland is on the right:



    While I did not have much personal interaction with Dalton, I can tell you that he ran the Bellagio poker room into the ground.

    Rather than explain it myself, here is a great description of the problems there by Gobboboy on 2+2:



    As someone who has played a lot at Bellagio, the above is an excellent summary.

    In addition, they have a terrible situation there regarding both the cocktail waitresses and the food (especially the food). Often a long period of time passes before you see a cocktail waitress, and food orders frequently take 90-120 minutes to compete. The food typically comes from room service. I have a hard time believing that a person in a room calling for food would have the equivalent wait. I believe that the poker room gets a lesser priority, perhaps because it's assumed that poker players are already doing something (playing poker) and won't be as agitated waiting for the food. A good poker director would press to get these matters fixed, even if they originate from different departments. It was clear that Dalton didn't give a shit.

    However, Dalton did seem to give a shit about enforcing silly rules, even if everyone at the table agreed to do otherwise. I can't tell you how many times I heard from the dealer, "I'd love to, but we have orders from above that we'll be fired if we do this..."

    Ask any regular player at Bellagio, and they will tell you about favortism, bad attitudes, and a sense of entitlement from the staff there.

    Finally some decent alternatives appeared (such as Aria and Venetian), and people left in droves.

    Now they're finally getting the message at Bellagio, and gave the old fuck the boot -- albeit many years too late.

    BTW, for those of you that have the very useful Bravo poker app on your phone, you probably noticed that MGM-owned properties (including) were NOT listed. This was never explained, but was definitely a decision by the MGM properties not to cooperate. As soon as Dalton was fired, all MGM properties appeared there. No way this was a coincidence. I have a feeling that Dalton was influential in keeping their rooms off the Bravo app, and it probably had something to do with money.

    Good riddance.

    Here is a picture of Sean McCormack, who might be taking over:



    Regarding the girls in that pic, the guys on 2+2 seem to like the one on the left better than the one next to her. I think second-to-left is the best by far, even though she's a bit too skinny.

    The correct answer is the 2nd one from the right.
    Really? She looks like she might have been (or still is) a man.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

  5. #5
    The JSTAT CAM capturing the WPT Royal Flush Girls hard at work

    Sharing my love of card counting and casinos without charge. https://twitter.com/Casino_Examiner

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    1,2,5,4
    i'm confused.

    are you confused?

  7. #7
    Platinum mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    331
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,789
    Blog Entries
    4
    #1 is #1..the rest you can toss a coin. kind of surprised druff went w/ miss toothpick legs. i thought he liked things a little more meatier.

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,012
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    #1 is #1..the rest you can toss a coin. kind of surprised druff went w/ miss toothpick legs. i thought he liked things a little more meatier.
    #1 has the best body, but the face of #2 is so much better that she easily wins overall.

  9. #9
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    2,1,0,4,3

  10. #10
    Bronze
    Reputation
    11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pleasuredome
    Posts
    96
    Name:  beatrix_potter_number_2_-_a6215.jpg
Views: 2219
Size:  70.7 KB

  11. #11
    Platinum mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    331
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,789
    Blog Entries
    4
    i don't really see any super beautiful women in this pic. they all have varying degrees of sexuality. the latinos do look like they can suck a tennis ball through a tailpipe, so in that sense, they're hot

  12. #12
    Platinum Rollo Tomasi's Avatar
    Reputation
    -107
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gulfstream Park
    Posts
    2,817
    surely Dalton was told not to look at any mirrors in the B for fear he would crack them

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    #1 is #1..the rest you can toss a coin. kind of surprised druff went w/ miss toothpick legs. i thought he liked things a little more meatier.
    #1 has the best body, but the face of #2 is so much better that she easily wins overall.


    Also, I think the angle doesn't help 5, she might be much more attractive than 1 or 2 if they all had straight on shots.

    No surprises that LLL picks the lady boy look-a-like.

  14. #14
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    2,1,0,4,3
    this is correct but i don't have the picture to put in you guys use a lot of images and gif's

  15. #15
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    12
    and is it just me or does the old poker room director look a little down-syndrome with his eyes too close together and a massive forehead would put in a picture but my internet is working like a 56k dial up so bad that my phone is faster and its been like this for a couple of days if you live in Australia don't get your land-line and your wireless from the same provider thinking that they both are not interconnected systems

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSlimT View Post
    and is it just me or does the old poker room director look a little down-syndrome with his eyes too close together and a massive forehead
    I wouldn't say it looks like down syndrome, but it certainly does look weird. Like a shrunken head or a garbage pail kid or something.

  17. #17
    Gold
    Reputation
    409
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    1,813
    2451..........................3

    Gamble's head just exploded

  18. #18
    Walking Image Library
    Reputation
    386
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    Don't forget Doug Dalton also brought us another terrible poker room manager Donna Harris. She helped ruin the Mirage and then picked up a Wynn gig for a bit until she tried to pull the same Mirage stuff and got the boot again.

    Oh and x,1,x,x,x...Thin babe Druff liked is the only hot one.


    5,1,never

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post


    The correct answer is the 2nd one from the right.
    Really? She looks like she might have been (or still is) a man.
    This is the triple L here.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is Doug Dalton, on the left. Tournament director Jack McClelland is on the right:

    His face looks small on his head.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 22q poker room
    By handicapme in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:39 PM
  2. Say goodbye to the giant thermometer in Baker, CA?
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 04:44 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 11:44 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •