Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan contracts hoof-in-mouth disease

Load Metric

Piers Morgan contracts hoof-in-mouth disease

well if Piers Morgan wasn't declared an official laughing stock yet this should clear the way, why is this man on TV in the US he knows nothing about America

Piers MorganVerified

‏@piersmorgan
    Got to laugh at Ravens being declared 'World Champions' of a competition only American teams enter... #Superbowl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    well if Piers Morgan wasn't declared an official laughing stock yet this should clear the way, why is this man on TV in the US he knows nothing about America

Piers MorganVerified

‏@piersmorgan
    Got to laugh at Ravens being declared 'World Champions' of a competition only American teams enter... #Superbowl
    I am really starting to dislike this buffoon with a passion.

Load Metric
    vs 6toedpete it's really a tossup imo
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Piers or Rollo?

Load Metric

Piers MorganVerified

‏@piersmorgan

Wouldn't get to butt hurt over that comment.

In the UK its been a running joke for as long as I can remember about American sports, mainly Baseball and American football declaring themselves world champions in a competition that only hosts American teams.

That's all he was referring to, was a lighthearted tweet.

He is one absolute cunt of a man though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

Piers or Rollo?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    In the UK its been a running joke for as long as I can remember about American sports, mainly Baseball and American football declaring themselves world champions in a competition that only hosts American teams.
    The NFL is open to anyone and everyone, regardless of their nationality. The fact that none of you homos have what it takes to make an NFL team doesn't change the fact that the NFL is open to anyone in the world, hence the term World Champions. The fact that the games are actually held in America is irrelevant. You guys are just too busy playing soccer like a bunch of 3rd world nignogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    The NFL is open to anyone and everyone, regardless of their nationality. The fact that none of you homos have what it takes to make an NFL team doesn't change the fact that the NFL is open to anyone in the world, hence the term World Champions. The fact that the games are actually held in America is irrelevant. You guys are just too busy playing soccer like a bunch of 3rd world nignogs.
    The NFL wants to move a franchise to London in the next 10-15 years. The travel and time zone issues would be significant.

I don't listen to, or particularly like Piers Morgan. But I find it thoroughly amusing that he can now make Conservatives spaz the fuck out over tweeting a 50 year old joke.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Piers MorganVerified

‏@piersmorgan

Wouldn't get to butt hurt over that comment.

That's all he was referring to, was a lighthearted tweet.

He is one absolute cunt of a man though.
    Did Toronto become part of America?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

Piers or Rollo?

Load Metric

typical big brother-little brother shit. we try to spread American football to Europe and Europeans shrug and put it off, then bitch about us labeling our champs the world champs. go figure.

Load Metric
    Mr Universe agrees:

Name:  ArnoldSchwarzenegger.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  42.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lol at this song and dance. God bless America. The NFL is an equal opportunity employer except most of the world doesn't give a fuck. You are the minority here nignogs.

And no, the fact that the games are held in the US is anything but irrelevant. Even the Toronto game is heavily "papered" and does not sell out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Lol at this song and dance. God bless America. The NFL is an equal opportunity employer except most of the world doesn't give a fuck. You are the minority here nignogs.

And no, the fact that the games are held in the US is anything but irrelevant. Even the Toronto game is heavily "papered" and does not sell out.

What a shock, you either didn't read the OP or you just forgot already what this was about.

But hey, who needs to read in Canada? the government will read it for you. Just go ahead and keep thrashing on Americans in a forum that's 90% Americans.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's pretty simple. There are 32 professional American Football teams in the entire world. It just so happens that all 32 are in the United States. Hence the winning team is world champion.

If any other country ever decides to field professional American Football teams, then this argument will make some sense.

I do agree that it's kind of silly when MLB and NBA teams declare themselves world champions, because many countries do field teams at the professional level in baseball and basketball.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    It's pretty simple. There are 32 professional American Football teams in the entire world. It just so happens that all 32 are in the United States. Hence the winning team is world champion.

If any other country ever decides to field professional American Football teams, then this argument will make some sense.

I do agree that it's kind of silly when MLB and NBA teams declare themselves world champions, because many countries do field teams at the professional level in baseball and basketball.
    There are 8 professional Canadian Football teams in the entire world. It so happens that all 8 are in Canada. Hence the winning team is world champion.

Doesn't sound as convincing when stated like this does it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

There are 8 professional Canadian Football teams in the entire world. It so happens that all 8 are in Canada. Hence the winning team is world champion.

well, it's a slightly different game with slightly different rules....so eh?

Load Metric

The real question is, how many Canadian players have turned down NFL contracts?

Because I know lots of players who couldn't make an NFL team that ended up in Canada.

It's the same situation with European basketball. Their best players come to the NBA, and our rejects go there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

well, it's a slightly different game with slightly different rules....so eh?
    So why aren't there two American baseball World champions? One for each rule set?

Send the Ravens to Canada to play the Argos using our rules this year. We will go to America next year.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    'American Football' as it's known is a minority sport in the UK. Baseball and basketball are followed even less. The Superbowl is little more than a foot-note in the sports pages. Very few people watch it on TV due to the 1-00am start. If you set aside sports enthusiasts I'd esitmate 95% of the general population don't even know which teams were competing.

Thread Information