Thread: Did you ever see the World Safari documentaries?

Load Metric

Did you ever see the World Safari documentaries?

I have always remembered these documentaries I saw at school when I was about ten. Been searching for them and finally found them.

The reason they stuck in my mind was the one of the hosts. (and its not the guy in the screenshot below)

Starts about 1:13

Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Gold
    Load Metric
    I watched these for awhile about 10 years ago. I thought they were pretty well done. That Alby guy was charismatic and ahead of his time as far as reality TV. Diving to find opals/diamongs in his sunken ship. Had them tied in a sock in the bow somewhere. It actually seemed believable at the time. Or when he has that hot girlfriend and he is always doing these riduclous shots where she is posing. His swarthy sidekick. etc etc.. Really is a great show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I watched these for awhile about 10 years ago. I thought they were pretty well done. That Alby guy was charismatic and ahead of his time as far as reality TV. Diving to find opals/diamongs in his sunken ship. Had them tied in a sock in the bow somewhere. It actually seemed believable at the time. Or when he has that hot girlfriend and he is always doing these riduclous shots where she is posing. His swarthy sidekick. etc etc.. Really is a great show.
    I saw them in the mid 80s so have forgotten most everything except for the chicks. Have to rewatch
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I saw them in the mid 80s so have forgotten most everything except for the chicks. Have to rewatch
    It is rare such a show sticks in my head. The other episode I recall involved revisiting natives like a decade + later. In his first trip they're very tribal/friendly. The second time he goes on, missionaries had been around and they were all wearing western clothing and pretty much turned into beggars. Good ol missionaries. They mean well but they need to be put down.

Thread Information