Thread: New BAP & Contest Rules

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

New BAP & Contest Rules

PROPOSED RULE CHANGES (not in effect yet)...

Given that we have had two BAP debacles already, I am instituting the following new rules regarding running BAP here:

1) As has been the case for awhile, you need to ask for permission to run a BAP here. However, you now also need to fully describe the BAP to me before you post it. In Jasep's case, he simply asked if he could run a BAP and I said yes. I will need to know all of the details of the BAP before allowing it.

2) You will need to put down a 50% deposit of the BAP with me, until you need it. This will be accomplished by having your investors send ME the money until 50% is collected, and then you can collect the other 50% yourself. I will hold this 50% until you have lost the first 50%, at which point I will give everyone the opportunity to opt out prior to it continuing. After giving everyone that chance, I will send you the other half. This will prevent people from pacifying their investors by pretending to "win", while actually spending all of the BAP money elsewhere.

3) Unverifiable BAPs are no longer allowed. This means no more live cash game BAPs, and no more BAPs on online sites that are not trackable. Also, no BAPs are allowed for small live tournaments that are not trackable.

4) BAPs for online cash games may not be collected for future play. You are required to start playing immediately upon receiving at least 75% of the money. If you do not play for the first 72 hours, you will be required to refund the money.

5) You may not promote BAPs on any other site. This includes any form of private messaging. If you are running a BAP elsewhere, you CANNOT use PFA to alert people to it, unless you are simultaneously running it here, and are adhering to all of the above rules.

NEW CONTEST RULE:

1) I will now escrow money for ALL contests run on PFA, regardless of whether or not it is a joint venture between this and other sites. If a contest takes place at all on PFA, you are to escrow ALL money with me and no one else.

I apologize that some of these rules might make things difficult on people running BAPs here, but I am trying to protect everyone from future debacles like this.

Load Metric
    This probably should be stickied.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Easiest thing to do is say invest at your own risk and that u are not responsible. You can obv do what u want cause its your site . But imo You should hold zero responsibility for these. Here are some issues I think people would run into with these new rules.

1. What if people are sending through stars or other euro sites? How are u going to get the money where people need it with some strict trade/cashout rules on some sites?

2. Cash tracking is not acvurate anymore. In some cases you can't even gage things on ptr because its gotten so bad. Some sites don't even track

3. What if some people are selling bigger packages. Only selling on this site hurts exposure to sell out. For instance my last package was for 25,000 and prob wouldn't sell out here.

Merge people can't even get xfers/ other sites have trade limits. Having someone hold the funds could cost someone the opportunity to play on good games if they near losing half and then they would have to wait to longer to load because they would have to get money from you then load online. This could literally take a week with deposit limits some of these sites have

Any financial gamble is a risk and people should know and understand that before they invest. Of they font they shouldnt be investing in the first place. You shouldn't have to waste time or effort on this and it could. hurt legit people who sell pieces.

Load Metric
    China could be godfathered.

Name:  the-godfather.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  275.3 KB

Load Metric
    You are way too unnecessarily getting involved in this. Stop listening to these idiots who are saying you should have background checked him, etc.

You have no responsibility at all in these rollings. People are making decisions with their own money. If they are too lazy to do their own research then that's their problem.

Do you see Sklansky and Mason collecting 50% out of pools and dispersing it? Do you have any idea of the sheer amount of transactions that take place on that site? I mean, for Christ's sake get a grip. All you have to do is put some kind of disclaimer saying that you and the site are not responsible for any transactions that take place. End of story.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    You are way too unnecessarily getting involved in this. Stop listening to these idiots who are saying you should have background checked him, etc.

You have no responsibility at all in these rollings. People are making decisions with their own money. If they are too lazy to do their own research then that's their problem.

Do you see Sklansky and Mason collecting 50% out of pools and dispersing it? Do you have any idea of the sheer amount of transactions that take place on that site? I mean, for Christ's sake get a grip. All you have to do is put some kind of disclaimer saying that you and the site are not responsible for any transactions that take place. End of story.

I concur, a disclaimer is all that is necessary....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff - You forgot about this rule so why not add it?

7) Paypal E-Checks are not allowed for purchases or payouts for BAPs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Why should echecks not be allowed? Some people don't have instant transactions. I think I even did a transaction with druff once and his Paypal took a few days to clear. Some people's are instant and others aren't

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Why should echecks not be allowed? Some people don't have instant transactions. I think I even did a transaction with druff once and his Paypal took a few days to clear. Some people's are instant and others aren't
    Well it's the Jasep rule.

I'm agree with you that most people honest but I would of thought everyone had instant transactions by now.

Load Metric
    Druff just stay out of it. I have a sweet home game BAP that I am running and all these rules are gonna fuck it up for your users.

Load Metric
    As an investor in the Jasep debacle I would say anyone blaming Druff for this is simply clueless.

Druff, IMO you are overreacting here. I think it's a good idea to make sure anyone starting a BAP on PFA has to run it by you first and get your approval, but beyond that it should just be buyer beware.

BTW, if you want to escrow all the money for our fantasy football leagues next year and do all the payouts yourself that is fine with me. That shit is a pain in the ass

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will probably cut down on those new rules, as you guys are correct that this is going overboard with deposits and whatnot.

However, I am going to disallow all unverifiable BAPs here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was thinking a little less work:

to do a BAP, you should...

1. send druff a copy of drivers license for short internet background check
    2. if anything comes up remotely shady, the bap requester pays for a real background check.

the end.

Thread Information