Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I just rolled PokerStars for $1,100

Load Metric

I just rolled PokerStars for $1,100

Yep, nearly two years after PokerStars left the US market, I managed to roll them for $1,100... on accident.

I had a $1,122 live events credit remaining in my account that I had to use for a Live Event that PokerStars ran event (EPT, PCA, AAPT, etc) that I've had forever. This is the reason I went down to the Bahamas to play the PCA this year. So I approached the registration desk and asked to use $1,100 of my credit to register for a $1.1k event. That was no problem and she said she would convert the remaining $22 to cash and put it in my PokerStars account and that I could withdraw it whenever. The only problem is I have the most confusing username ever created and it always causes all kinds of problems in the PokerStars database. When she asked for my username I just gave the e-mail associated with it because my username has alt characters and invisible spaces in it. She told me she was having problems deducting the credit from my account and she says "Well, I'll just give you your ticket now and I'll figure it out later". So I got my tourney ticket and figured when I got back I would have $22 in my PokerStars account.

So on Sunday (2 days ago) I finally got around to opening up my PokerStars account (I didn't do it earlier because I forgot my password and my pin #). I wasn't sure if I was going to even bother cashing out, since there was only going to be $22 in there and I didn't really want to send any flags to the IRS or whomever over $22. Well, there wasn't $22 in my account. There was $1,122. LOL, I guess the lady figured out how to convert the credit in to cash but forgot the deduct the $1,100 for the tournament. I snap e-check cashed out and as of this morning the $1,122 is safely in my bank account.

The funniest part is, two weeks ago I sent PStars support this e-mail (without logging in to my account because I couldn't remember my password):
    Hello, I used to have a $1,122 Live Events credit. During the PCA, I used it on a $1,100 event and so I had $22 left over. The registration desk told me the remaining $22 was converted to T$ and that I could cash that out. Can I have a check sent to me?
    Well... they never responded to my e-mail. Which is very unlike PokerStars to not respond to e-mails. They were probably confused by the e-mail because they looked and saw that I had $1,122 in my account not $22.

Between FullTilt (profited from the backlog) and PokerStars, I have now rolled them for close to $1,600 lol. And no, I don't feel bad about it and obviously will not be returning the money. They're a multi-billion dollar company who gave me a free $1,100 out of incompetence. I'll treat it as compensation for a terribly run ZOOM event. And for those wondering my e-check showed up in my bank as "ACH CREDIT PokerStars Credit ON 01/29" which I think is what my post Black Friday e-check showed up as.

EDIT: UPDATE
    Situation close to being resolved:
    After over three weeks of back and forth between myself and PokerStars, I believe we are close to having a deal. Here is Star's most recent e-mail to me, followed by my reply.

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your further email. After consultation with my colleagues, we are happy to accept the basic premise of your proposal, with one minor adjustment - we would prefer for you to make the donation, so that we do not have to deal with the hassle and accounting challenges of sending money from the USA to the IOM and back to the USA.

That is, we are happy to forgive this debt and waive any future rights to the $1,100 that is owed to us, if you make the $1,100 donation to either one of these organisations:

1) The National Council of Problem Gambling

Their website, including an online donation form, is available online here:
    http://www.ncpgambling.org/i4a/pages...fm?pageid=4473

2) The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling
    901 Douglas Avenue, Suite 200
    Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
    Tel: 407-865-6200
    Fax: 407-865-6103
    Helpline: 888-ADMIT-IT
    Email: fccg@gamblinghelp.org

We are comfortable with you choosing whichever organisation you prefer out of the two. After you have done this, please just send us a copy of the screenshot or receipt, and we will consider this matter closed and resolved.

I trust that this will be satisfactory to you, thank you for your assistance and cooperation here.

Regards,

[name redacted]
    [position redacted]
    Basically I had offered to send them $1,100 that they could then pass on to the charity of their choosing. I thought about saying, with the exception of Addicted Gambling charities, but I didn't think they'd actually pick that as a charity. In my opinion, most of those organizations are useless and are funded due to state law. I'd much rather it go to help sick kids or something. Here is my response:
    Hello Michael,

I am glad we are coming to a resolution. I am happy to accept those terms, however I must state that I would much rather give it to a more deserving charity than one who helps gamblers. With your permission I would like to donate the money to either St Jude's Children Hospital, or American Cancer Society. However, if you prefer me to give to one of the two aforementioned charities, then I am fully willing to do that. Just let me know. Thanks,

Alex
    I am waiting for their reply, and I hope they allow me to give to one of the two charities I mentioned as I would look forward to making an $1,100 donation to either of those worthy charities. Either way, I am glad to almost have the whole situation behind me and be back in good standing in the eyes of PokerStars.
    Last edited by PLOL; 02-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    PLOL, how could you?

Load Metric
    Will there be Backlash or Congratulations in this thread?....stay tuned!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Will there be Backlash or Congratulations in this thread?....stay tuned!
    LOL at anybody who thinks I did anything unethical here. Dear PokerStars,

Was an easy mark, SFO
    TRUMP 2024!

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    The only thing done wrong here was posting it. Hard not to brag though I guess.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    There are currently 107 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 99 guests)

Thread of the week tho
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah how smart are you? I'm doing exactly the same thing but I'm definitely not reporting it here. Not with creeps like NBH or handicappedme who aren't happy unless you're miserable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Thread of the week tho
    The week is still young.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Banned
    Load Metric
    Oh, Shane Schleger linked to this thread on 2+2. Hi Shane!

Load Metric
    Is everybody on this board a fucking thief/scam artist or what. I'd be embarrassed to post this if true.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Is everybody on this board a fucking thief/scam artist or what. I'd be embarrassed to post this if true.
    It's the people who wouldn't post it that you have to worry about. If I do something that I know some will see as a grey area, I'll post about it because I'm ethically fine with what I did.

And seriously, a multi-billion dollar company gave me $1.1k too much and I hit the cash-out button.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    It's the people who wouldn't post it that you have to worry about. If I do something that I know some will see as a grey area, I'll post about it because I'm ethically fine with what I did.

And seriously, a multi-billion dollar company gave me $1.1k too much and I hit the cash-out button.
    Good for you. Hope that's a better response. Glad you can live with yourself.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I got some advice for you don't play at Bovada after making this thread they will use it against you and not pay u.

Load Metric
    For those interested in the twitter beef, you can see Shaniac going after me:
    https://twitter.com/KidWithDream
    https://twitter.com/ShaneSchleger

If you justify stealing from a "billion dollar corporation" on principle, your moral code is weaker than someone who mugs lil old ladies.
    @KidWithDream Also not really the issue. The issue is that you are a liar, a thief and an idiot. And proud of it.
    Shaniac also took it upon himself to post this on 2+2 for PokerStars to see:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...29/index7.html
    (starting at post #98)

Obviously the 2+2 nerds attacked me
    Last edited by PLOL; 01-29-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric

Thread of the week tho
    In the words of Marty "you're bringing the hits". You've managed to start a Schleger shitstorm on Twitter too. I'm proud of you. Now just find a way to steer your Twitter followers to the Amazon link at the bottom of the page.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    i'm a fan of it, the almighty pokerstars kept millions of dollars worth of leftover fpps from american players without caring

Silver
    Load Metric
    PLOL has really grown on me through the years.

Load Metric
    For those interested in the twitter beef, you can see Shaniac going after me:
    https://twitter.com/KidWithDream
    https://twitter.com/ShaneSchleger

@KidWithDream Also not really the issue. The issue is that you are a liar, a thief and an idiot. And proud of it.
    Shaniac also took it upon himself to post this on 2+2 for PokerStars to see:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...29/index7.html
    (starting at post #98)

Obviously the 2+2 nerds attacked me
    Errrr nice refund I guess?? Prob wasn't the smartest idea to make it public... Either way with the way they fucked up the tourney for you I don't feel bad for them.

Thread Information