Thread: Vinepeek

Load Metric

Vinepeek

http://vinepeek.com/

vinepeek shows you newly posted Vines in realtime. Sit back and watch the world in 6 second bites. Best viewed on a desktop browser. This stream is coming straight from Vine and is unmoderated. You have been warned!

Our planet is overwhelmed by a bunch of fucktard, narcissistic self-absorbed tools whose over-inflated senses of self-worth are driving them to post the most mundane, self-indulgent crap imaginable. Twitter is truly a shithole that is ruining the planet. #fuckinghorseshit

Load Metric
    Thanks! Now yet another way to occupy my free time ...

Load Metric
    now there is an app that lets you convert your shitty 6 second video into an animated gif.

Also, how many of your voyeurs spent more than 5 minutes watching shit today?

Load Metric
    And here I thought Tumblr was an attention whore.

Load Metric
    I go to vinepeek, and watch for maybe two minutes....during which, I try to figure out what is going through the minds of the people who are shooting the 6 second films, and why the fuck they feel like anyone should give a shit about it. 95% of the stuff I see on there makes me think people are completely fucking insane.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I thought it was pretty neat. I don't understand why this upsets you so much. Sure, people are self-absorbed, but it's pretty cool that we live in a time where we can share media like this so easily.

Maybe I'm young and easily impressed, but I think platforms like Twitter and YouTube are fucking amazing. We live in a time where it's trivially easy to instantly interact with people all over the planet. I can upload a video of my dog to YouTube and possibly have it seen by tens of millions of people. I can send a DM to Christina Hendricks and ask to see her tits. I can have a conversation on politics with people from 12 different countries on Facebook.

I can send out a tweet to thousands of people about what I ate for breakfast. Sure, nobody cares, but I can do that. Isn't that awesome?

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Half of it is just lonely peoples cats. I prefer 5 second clips:

Load Metric
    It upsets me because there is clearly horseshit content being posted, but people feel that they are so important that we would actually be interested in it.

People hashtag #firstpost, like anyone is supposed to care that its their first post. Its just completely annoying to me how more and more people feel that its important to broadcast every fucking thing they do or say, as if anyone values it. It causes massive amounts of clutter that no one should have to see.

Thread Information