Thread: Rosarito Mexico

Bronze
    Load Metric

Rosarito Mexico

Hey all I just moved down to Rosarito. Not sure if any PFA members r down here but if so and you wanna drink a few beers or smoke out a lil hit me up on skype im kmksmkn on there. I live in downtown Rosarito area. 2 things i was kinda worried about was safety and the language barrier but both r no biggie. I feel total safe down here and not knowing spanish hasnt been a prob at all.

I used Miguel Sedano (rentinginmexico.com)to help me get a place and what not. And he couldnt have made things less stressful (I know 0 Spanish). I brought with me my 60 pound english bulldog so that made things more challenging but he set up a spot where my dog could stay when we were looking at places (dgroomer) and it took us about 2 days to find the right place and until we found it he really spent all his time working with us. I was kinda on the fence about using him before we came but he couldnt of made moving easier and more enjoyable. Very nice/cool dude.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Hey all I just moved down to Rosarito. Not sure if any PFA members r down here but if so and you wanna drink a few beers or smoke out a lil hit me up on skype im kmksmkn on there. I live in downtown Rosarito area. 2 things i was kinda worried about was safety and the language barrier but both r no biggie. I feel total safe down here and not knowing spanish hasnt been a prob at all.

I used Miguel Sedano (rentinginmexico.com)to help me get a place and what not. And he couldnt have made things less stressful (I know 0 Spanish). I brought with me my 60 pound english bulldog so that made things more challenging but he set up a spot where my dog could stay when we were looking at places (dgroomer) and it took us about 2 days to find the right place and until we found it he really spent all his time working with us. I was kinda on the fence about using him before we came but he couldnt of made moving easier and more enjoyable. Very nice/cool dude.
    Just looked at pics of that place and it looks beautiful.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What was the reason for moving to Mexico? Online poker?

I only know of Rosarito because various US-facing radio stations used to broadcast from there, and would turn their power WAY up and could avoid the FCC regulations regarding that, by existing in Mexico.

Any LA or San Diego area station beginning with an X is actually in Mexico, usually Rosarito.

I miss going to Rosarito during the summer. My parents had a small house in Rosarito right near the hospital. I'ts been years since I've been there, due to the Cartel wars.

Where in Rosarito are you located? Near the hotels?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Nice dog.

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Nice dog.
    He can live like a king eating carnitas all day.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What was the reason for moving to Mexico? Online poker?

I only know of Rosarito because various US-facing radio stations used to broadcast from there, and would turn their power WAY up and could avoid the FCC regulations regarding that, by existing in Mexico.

Any LA or San Diego area station beginning with an X is actually in Mexico, usually Rosarito.
    yes for the pokers... plz make your shows longer just prank call the shit out of places for the last 2 hours imo
    Last edited by kmksmkn; 01-26-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Load Metric
    What's the cost of living like?

Also, I've heard Stars has gotten tougher post black Friday. Confirm/Deny?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

u can get beach front condo for 800-1200 furnished. Bills are around 300 a month i think. But all this prices r for nice place and internet and what shit you can go a must cheaper cost if you wanted.
    Im not getting stable internet till next week so havent been able to really tell. I only play mtts to. Ive been told ftp is super reg heavy though by a few ppl down here.

Load Metric

u can get beach front condo for 800-1200 furnished. Bills are around 300 a month i think. But all this prices r for nice place and internet and what shit you can go a must cheaper cost if you wanted.
    Im not getting stable internet till next week so havent been able to really tell. I only play mtts to. Ive been told ftp is super reg heavy though by a few ppl down here.
    fml, I'm paying $1k/mo for my 1 bedroom apartment and I'm nowhere near the beach and it's unfurnished. Seems like there's a lot of American poker players running around Rosarito now
    TRUMP 2024!

fml, I'm paying $1k/mo for my 1 bedroom apartment and I'm nowhere near the beach and it's unfurnished. Seems like there's a lot of American poker players running around Rosarito now

I would never want to move to Rosarito. It's fun to stay a couple weeks but it does get old. And I'm pretty sure the water is still not drinkable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post

I would never want to move to Rosarito. It's fun to stay a couple weeks but it does get old. And I'm pretty sure the water is still not drinkable.
    I'm assuming they're just staying there for 6 months. And obviously it's a water-bottle only situation
    TRUMP 2024!

I'm assuming they're just staying there for 6 months. And obviously it's a water-bottle only situation
    If you bought that bottle of water before the border it would be ok. But even some bottled water in Mexico is risky.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I never got sick off this bottled water:

^^^ That bottled water is okay but now for your beer go with:

or

or

Load Metric
    If you bought that bottle of water before the border it would be ok. But even some bottled water in Mexico is risky.
    I somehow manage to get sick alot in Mexico even with drinking only bottled water. You still have to eat while down there and I find it impossible to monitor every little thing. Even taking a shower can be risky as even a little bit of the water hitting your mouth can get you sick.

It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water
    :freelewfather

Thread Information