Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UB scandal figure Travis Makar reappears on Twitter, talks about UB again, incriminates Mansour Matloubi

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

UB scandal figure Travis Makar reappears on Twitter, talks about UB again, incriminates Mansour Matloubi

https://twitter.com/UtBiohazard/

Prior to the past 24 hours, he hadn't used his Twitter account since 2011.

He posted the following teasers:

I have already seen the above before, except Mansour's name was redacted. It's an e-mail from presumably a UB programmer (dated 9/8/05) to Greg Pierson (who worked for Iovation, which provided UB's "security"), containing a file called gm.zip. gm presumably stands for "God Mode".

The e-mail is telling Greg Pierson how to instruct Mansour Matloubi how to install the registry file on his computer, which will presumably enable the ability to see holecards.

Mansour Matloubi is one of the suspected UB cheaters, but has never been named in any official report.

Also he posted this YouTube video:

I wish Travis didn't "move" the e-mails in the video, as they were hard to read, but I assume that was the point.

I did get the following interesting tidbits out of the video.

The first was an e-mail from Greg Pierson, who was apparently pissed at Russ Hamilton in November, 2005 and wanted some "payback". He was asking Travis for Russ' AIM passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pierson
    Can you get me Russ' AIM accounts (plural) and passwords? At least the password for his PokerChamp94 account?

He pissed me off today. Time for a little payback.
    The rest of the e-mails in the video weren't too interesting, but there were two at the end with the attachment "DivineBet.Zip", which was presumably again containing the tools to allow holecards to be viewed on UB.

Travis is threatening through tweets that he will reveal things to incriminate Greg Pierson, who so far has skated away without any punishment or reputation damage after the UB scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Makar
    @ElevenGrover @RealKidPoker @phil_hellmuth Phil is good friends with Greg one of the biggest cheats on ub

@Haley_Hintze @bryanmicon My name was tossed around for doing my job Greg seemed to come out clean I have held back to save others

I will try and start uploading the audio recordings of Greg, Dan, Russ and others
    Can someone tell me who "Dan" is?

I tweeted at Travis to send me what he has, as it seems he is sharing them with Micon. I am sure he is unaware that Micon and I are no longer together on DD, but hopefully he shares what he has with me, as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the name Todd Bartleson is in these e-mails, who is presumably one of the programmers working for Greg and/or UB.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Dan is Daniel Freidberg, one of the crooked lawyers involved in this stuff. He was a college friend of Phil Hellmuth's and was Hellmuth's attorney at first, and he ended up becoming Scott Tom's attorney after the UIGEA. Stay close to the money, Danny. I'm sure he'll read this.

Todd Bartleson was a young UB programmer, and this was his first job out of school. He was ordered to update the God Mode program, since it had to be done over with each new version of the standard client that was released, and that usually just meant updating the registry and version entries. Bartleson did not write the God Mode program; that was done by someone else, whose ID I know. I'm reluctant to be too hard on Bartleson, because I believe he was told the purpose of the software was to help catch players who were defrauding the site, which is indeed the official reason why God Mode was first created. I don't think he knew he was actually helping the fraudsters.
    Last edited by haleylh; 01-25-2013 at 12:25 PM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    When the original redacted email appeared on Haley's site I located the font used in the email and tried to reproduce the exact font and overlay it on the email, and the conclusion was it was Mansour or Monsour that was the closest match.

Nice to have this confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    from an old friend of ours.
    http://t.co/N1ZjyMJF

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Weird.

Travis DM'd me earlier today and told me he would send me everything he sent Micon.

Guess someone talked him out of doing that.

Oh well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Weird.

Travis DM'd me earlier today and told me he would send me everything he sent Micon.

Guess someone talked him out of doing that.

Oh well.

Maybe he didnt want anybody to see it.

Load Metric
    Some more stuff collecting on donkdown. In the letter Travis puts that he trusts Micon and that's fair enough. A shame Micon can't be arsed to rotate the photo's to the correct orientation.

Sounds like there's some juicy stuff gonna come out of this:

http://www.donkdown.com/travis-makar...me-binder-pix/

http://www.donkdown.com/travis-makar...eater-machine/
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_0868-1024x768.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  54.2 KB
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    At the end of the day, none of this stuff really reveals anything or sheds any real new light on the UB scandal. Anyone that has done any meaningful degree of research/investigation knows who the prime suspects are, so some random pieces of paper with said suspects' name(s) don't impress me.

I guess it's sort of interesting that the formally redacted emails are now un-redacted, but again, the names revealed are absolutely zero surprise to anyone familiar with the case.

Unless the actual contents of the "god mode" attachments , and/or the UB client and/or server source code are released, I consider this a lot of sizzle with little to no steak.

I've been calling for the release of both for years, and I know full well that Travis knows I've done so, and to date, he has decided not to release this material. So yea, I see this as a big "meh".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I probably made a mistake by not forming a relationship with Travis, and leaving that all to Micon.

Not blaming Micon for forming the relationship with him -- one of us had to at the time, but I just sat back and let Micon do it, assuming that he and I would always be friends and would both have access to it.

Oops.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XR71WhiteFish View Post
    At the end of the day, none of this stuff really reveals anything or sheds any real new light on the UB scandal. Anyone that has done any meaningful degree of research/investigation knows who the prime suspects are, so some random pieces of paper with said suspects' name(s) don't impress me.

I guess it's sort of interesting that the formally redacted emails are now un-redacted, but again, the names revealed are absolutely zero surprise to anyone familiar with the case.

Unless the actual contents of the "god mode" attachments , and/or the UB client and/or server source code are released, I consider this a lot of sizzle with little to no steak.

I've been calling for the release of both for years, and I know full well that Travis knows I've done so, and to date, he has decided not to release this material. So yea, I see this as a big "meh".

Pretty much +1 to most of this, though I'm going to add in a caveat that we should all give this a few days (or a bit longer) and see what comes out. I have some theories and assumptions regarding all this, but I don't really mind being not involved at this point.

Makar actually sent me that unredacted e-mail many months ago, which I did not publish at his request. By then I'd known who all the mentioned names were anyway, from other sources.

I've been able to cross-reference some of the accounts shown in those photos against some files I have and what's shown in those two images are almost certainly more cheating accounts used by Hamilton. A third image shows other accounts that no longer appear in any files that I have. Since they've been deleted, I'd be more likely to guess they were Pierson's, as many of his were stated to me to have been removed from all records. The "ubplayer" account (also Pierson's) is another deleted one.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Some more stuff collecting on donkdown. In the letter Travis puts that he trusts Micon and that's fair enough. A shame Micon can't be arsed to rotate the photo's to the correct orientation.

Those aol usernames and passwords still work. The name Lauren popped up when I logged in. Who is Lauren?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Those aol usernames and passwords still work. The name Lauren popped up when I logged in. Who is Lauren?
    for which account, if you don't mind my asking?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post

diam4ever123@aol.com
    ilendu@aol.com

I was able to login and it said "Welcome Lauren" for both. Inbox, contacts, etc. were all empty.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post

diam4ever123@aol.com
    ilendu@aol.com

I was able to login and it said "Welcome Lauren" for both. Inbox, contacts, etc. were all empty.
    Lauren is Travis's wife.

Load Metric

The god mode attachments are likely to be exceptionally boring. The file is only 327 bytes. I assume they only zipped it up to password protect it.

It will be something like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ULTIMATEBET]
    "EnableGodMode"="1"

The more interesting revelation would be the source code to the server and client software.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The god mode attachments are likely to be exceptionally boring. The file is only 327 bytes. I assume they only zipped it up to password protect it.

It will be something like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ULTIMATEBET]
    "EnableGodMode"="1"

The more interesting revelation would be the source code to the server and client software.

The reason I want to see it is that I have posted detailed theories of operation for the cheating mechanism based on my own de-compiling and study of the client software, down to what specific reg keys I believe were used/inserted, and I'd like to know on a personal level if my theories were correct.

Load Metric

The reason I want to see it is that I have posted detailed theories of operation for the cheating mechanism based on my own de-compiling and study of the client software, down to what specific reg keys I believe were used/inserted, and I'd like to know on a personal level if my theories were correct.
    Ok I think I know who you are. You can always try asking the US government, they own it all now. Maybe.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_0868-1024x768.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  54.2 KB

Thread Information