Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinas attempt to cut 50 lbs by WSOP and 100 lbs by 2014

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Chinas attempt to cut 50 lbs by WSOP and 100 lbs by 2014

Between the "The Fitness Show" with 408Mike and Druffs thread to lose weight and all the talk around here about fitness lately I have decided that now is the time to get back to losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle. SrslySirius posted this in Druffs thread This is one of those topics that I don't like discussing with people, because everyone thinks they're an expert and likes to offer unsolicited advice. and I would agree that is the case a lot. I wouldn't consider myself a fitness expert or health expert but I am somewhat of an expert on both gaining and losing weight and I know what works for me and will post as much as I can about different stuff in this thread.

I posted a ton of weight loss blogs over the years and kept track of weight loss day by day and that helped motivate me to lose about 80 lbs and head towards a healthier now and future. I managed to go from somewhere in the neighborhood of 380 to 299 in about 2 years time and I didn't give close to maximum effort the first year and a half.

Originally 408 mike spent some time and drew up a plan for me which was working but more or less I started cutting corners and then the last 3 months of 2010 I really cranked up everything and went down to the 299 mark and then after that I more or less unraveled slowly.

I managed to stay between 310 and 320 I believe the most of 2011 and was in decent shape for a guy that size if there is such a thing. I could go out and hike 4-5 miles no problem and I could run sprints on treadmills and I actually felt pretty good overall. It was shocking to me that my blood work at physicals has always come back clean or at the proper levels.

But the beginning of 2012 I just stopped working out consistently. I went for hikes here and there duting nice weather periods but nothing like the year before. I had tried to kick start my workout program a bunch of times but never really strung together more than a few days consistently and my eating was back to takeout and drive thrus. Not all of the time but enough to where I gained back a lot of the weight I lost and the last time I stepped on the scale I was in the neighborhood of 365.

So I planned on starting a new program after the new year and I finally got around to kicking it off today and will be keeping a running journal of what I do on certain days. I will not be updating daily like I did before but I will update it as often as possible with wight gains, weight losses and any slip ups. If I don't update this within a weeks time feel free to bump it and call me a slacking fat fuck lazy piece of shit.

So here is what today looked like for me and I will break down certain things and go into detail on other things I have experienced both today and it the past.

6:00 AM went to sleep

2:30 PM Woke up after the best nights sleep I have had in a while. I sleep with a CPAP machine now. I had been a violent snorer for years and I believe it was MaxDreidel and a few others on Donkdown who inspired me to get the Sleep Apnea test. I will say that the fucking cpap is GOD when you get used to it. But there are still times when I will wake up in the middle of the night to piss and I am so tired I won't put it back on because I just want to fall back asleep. Or times when I go to bed and I am so tired I just dont put it on. I am going to make a solid effort to wear this at all times.

If you are a violent snorer and are over weight then I suggest you get the test done and if you are just a violent snorer period I also suggest you get the test done and get a machine if they say you have apnea. The difference in sleep is amazing with the cpap. If you do not wear it and have Apnea you can actually be what you perceive to be sleeping for 8 hrs but really of that 8 hrs only 4 hrs was true sleep. I would compare it to someone who needs glasses and can't see but didn't know it until they put the glasses on. When I do not wear it I wake up with almost like a hangover feeling and I would have thought this was normal until I was tested.

2:45 Shower and then Breakfast - Egg White omelet with banana peppers and 3 pieces of whole wheat toast and a 16 oz bottle of spring water. No cheese, while I love cheese it will not be a part of this diet and milk will not be on it either. I also cooked off 2 lbs of chicken baked in the oven with a spicy seasoning for meals over the next 2 days. Preparing meals ahead of time is key because often a problem I have had when I am hungry I will just eat what looks good. When I have healthy food I can nuke in 1 minute I am more apt not to cheat. I will also cook off a monster portion of vegetables probably tomorrow.

I then swallowed a dietary fat burner called ripped juice. Now I have heard that diet pills only account for 3 % of weight loss but for me they get me energized almost the way a cup of coffee does but give me more of a jolt. I have decided to cut coffee out as well because I like sugar in my coffee and I like milk so I decided to cut that right out of the gate. The fat burners make a world of difference for me because they get me flying and they don't fuck with my heart like other pills have. I have about 10 pills in this bottle left and. then I am switching over to a thermogenic fat burner called Oxy Elite Pro. I have had tremendous success with these in the past as well. If anyone decides to try fat burners then read the labels carefully and make sure you suck down plenty of water. Also make sure you do not mix other caffeine products with them until later in the day. And even that is not suggested until your body is use to what you are on. But MAKE SURE if you are on any kind of fat burners you suck down a ton of water. Some people say the fat burners are bad for you and this and that but if they help me towards my goal then I'll take fat burners over a heart attack at my age or some time in the future.

5 PM GYM - I like to workout right after breakfast but some days things come up and today was one of those days. One of my goals is to not turn on my PC or check my emails until after a workout. If I do then a good poker game may be going or something that I deem to be important may catch my attention and then as the time ticks the chances of me skipping the gym rise.

So I get to the gym and I stretch for about 10 minutes and I follow that with 3 chest exercises for 3 sets a piece. I then hit the treadmill and since I am starting back up I decide to take it easy with the treadmill. If you go to a gym this week and take a look around you will see that it is packed. In 3 months the traffic will be probably be 1/3 to 1/2 of what it is now because people will just flat out burn themselves the fuck out and I have been a victim of this many times with both diet and exercise. So I started with a brisk walk at 2.0 on the treadmill and I then after 5 mins I moved it to 3.0 and set the incline on 3. This worked for me today. I sweat a good amount and I felt good and didn't feel like I killed myself. I will crank up the speed and incline as the days go on. I have also found that doing incline on treadmills has helped me lose the most weight when I have dieted over the years. So I stayed at that pace and after a good 45 minutes I stopped. I felt like I could have pushed to 1.5 hours easily but again I am going to build up

7 PM Lunch - I sliced up some of that grilled chicken and added lettuce and BBQ sauce and some baked chips. The baked chips are a habit of mine. I have always eaten chips with sandwiches and subs which is a huge reason why I am heavy to begin with. But baked chips arent terrible and I will eventually cut them out. I also had a glass of water.

11 PM Dinner- I grilled 2 pork chops and I heated a bag of mixed veggies. I Will be cutting pork out of the equation eventually. Right now the plan is to cut down on my fats and I needed to get rid of these chops that were in my fridge. For the future I will be eating grilled chicken , steamed veggies and brown rice for this meal 5 nights a week. I will have fish on a 6th night and I will designate one day for steak and that will probably be on my cheat day where I have one meal of my choosing. But the basis of this diet will be grilled chicken , veggies and brown rice.

4:30 Am , I am heading to the fridge right now to get 8 oz grilled chicken and some steamed veggies and this will be my last meal of the day. If I am hungry before I sleep I may have some almonds or a teaspoon of peanut butter but that's it.

These are more or less the keys

Sleep - You need this or you become lazy and unmotivated
    Grilled Chicken and Veggis - Stick with this and lose weight
    Gym- Get there early and you will get in the best workout
    Fatburners- Keeps a big guy like me moving
    Scale and blogging - I like to monitor my weight daily as it motivates me to watch the scale move to the left and blogging keeps me in line if I fuck up
    1 Cheat Meal- Gives your body some of what it desires

At some point I may try a 10 day juice diet as well but more or less this diet is what I strive to be on for the rest of my life. Guy at the nutrition store tells me the best diet is the healthy diet that you should be on for the rest of your life

Load Metric
    Good luck.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    THINGS CHINA DONT KNOW
    1.BY THE TIME HES 55 HIS KNEES WILL BE SHOT
    2 BY THE TIME HE 60 BETWEEN HIS LOWER BACK AND KNEES HE WILL BE WALKING WITH A WALKER.
    3 THE GOOD PART IS YOU WILL BE ON LOTS OF PAIN KILLERS.
    4 WITH HIS WEIGHT HE NEEDS TO KEEP IT IN THE WATER TO STOP FUCKING UP HIS KNEES.
    5 THE PAIN KILLERS MAKE YOU NEVER HUNGRAY. YOU MIGHT EAT VERY LITTLE ONCE ADAY IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.
    6 BY THE THE YOU FIND THIS OUT I WILL BE DEAD BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS REMEMBER DELAWARE TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN.
    7 SET YOUR GOLD AT 50 LBS A YEAR THAT WILL BE EASY FOR THE FIRST HUNDRED.
    8 STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD SO MUCH. ITS MIND OVER MATTER.
    9 OR DO IT YOU WAY AND EITHER BE DEAD OR CRIPPLED BY 65

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    THINGS CHINA DONT KNOW
    2 BY THE TIME HE 60 BETWEEN HIS LOWER BACK AND KNEES HE WILL BE WALKING WITH A WALKER.
    4 WITH HIS WEIGHT HE NEEDS TO KEEP IT IN THE WATER TO STOP FUCKING UP HIS KNEES.
    5 THE PAIN KILLERS MAKE YOU NEVER HUNGRAY. YOU MIGHT EAT VERY LITTLE ONCE ADAY IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.
    6 BY THE THE YOU FIND THIS OUT I WILL BE DEAD BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS REMEMBER DELAWARE TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Seems like you are trying to one up Druff to me. Im not saying, Im just saying

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The only way to lose weight it to take in less than 2,000 calories a day, and exercise off 300-400 calories a day.

All this other talk is bullshit.

Go to the fish department. Then go to the Chunky Soup Aisle. Then go to those pinwheel ice cream sandwiches that One Step posted which are incredible and I had no idea existed until last week. Like 140 calories a pop.

You must be SOUTH of 2,000 calories and exercise 300 calories a day to lose weight.

All else is fads and bullshit. COUNT CALORIES.

Load Metric
    I'm just curious why you go to bed at 6 am? I get up at 5:30.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Because I play poker till that time

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    SrslySirius posted this in Druffs thread This is one of those topics that I don't like discussing with people, because everyone thinks they're an expert and likes to offer unsolicited advice. and I would agree that is the case a lot.
    Wait for it...

Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post
    The only way to lose weight it to take in less than 2,000 calories a day, and exercise off 300-400 calories a day.

Go to the fish department. Then go to the Chunky Soup Aisle. Then go to those pinwheel ice cream sandwiches that One Step posted which are incredible and I had no idea existed until last week. Like 140 calories a pop.

You must be SOUTH of 2,000 calories and exercise 300 calories a day to lose weight.

Load Metric
    I am no expert, just personal experience here

Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

Fucking christ are you drunk again? You really have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. China google a calorie calculator... I guessed on your height(6'2) but this is what I got(this does not take into account cardio, also for every 10lb you lose you should run the calculator again to get a better cal count):

You should consume about 2,631 calories a day to reach your goal weight of 230 lbs . This is at a reasonable weight loss average of 1.5 lbs per week, which should be reached by February 25, 2014.

Experts recommend weight loss at the rate of 0.5-2 lbs/week. Remember that this estimate is based on your body weight, height, age, gender, and activity level. It may vary slightly depending on other factors.

Generally, women should not consume any less than 1,200 calories per day, and men should not consume less than 1,500 calories per day.

Load Metric
    When you weigh 400 lbs losing weight is easy. Your focus should be on keeping it off since your an expert on losing it. You have to eat so much food in a day to even get to 400lbs that cutting back at all will make you drop lbs like crazy. I think for someone your size your way overdoing it and it wont last more then a few months max. I have a buddy this size and hes also an expert on losing weight, but he always goes right back up there. My advice is stop taking advice from a steriod using body builder.

Everyone bashed Druff about his soda intake, but he was being realistic. If you want to lose the weight forever slow down eat less and move more and stick with it. Its not as life saving advice as chicken and broccoli but I dont have my own fitness show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Surprised by this. Are games really that juicy at 4am (who are you playing)? I would imagine 6pm would be best with euros and fish home from work.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    LOL.

There is no way to lose weight, as a hetero male, other than:

a) keep calories BELOW 2000

b) EXERCISE 300 calories a day

All else is bullshit. Forget that bullshit about how your weight needs more caloric intake. That is fat fuckers talking.

Count calories BELOW 2,000 and exercise 300 calories a day. You will lose huge weight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    there was time when i kept dracula hours. but i usually cycled through it increasing the time i stayed up to the point of going to sleep at 12 noon and waking up at 8..when that happens, your fucked.

Load Metric
    THINGS CHINA DONT KNOW

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    that plan looks top top china. 1 cheat day a week is just fine as long as you get right back on the plan the next day. there are tons of tasty good foods out there that you can eat when trying to eat a cleaner diet you just have to be creative. good luck you will def be succesful if you want to be.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    THINGS CHINA DONT KNOW
    LMAO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Surprised by this. Are games really that juicy at 4am (who are you playing)? I would imagine 6pm would be best with euros and fish home from work.
    They are hit or miss but I stay online through the night most every night. I used to be able to play 2-4 hrs a day and now I am on for longer shifts but I just came off the best 2 month stretch I have had since Jan-Feb 2011

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    THINGS CHINA DONT KNOW

obv hof

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    that plan looks top top china. 1 cheat day a week is just fine as long as you get right back on the plan the next day. there are tons of tasty good foods out there that you can eat when trying to eat a cleaner diet you just have to be creative. good luck you will def be succesful if you want to be.
    Thanks buddy and it is not even really a cheat "day" just a cheat meal of my choosing

Anyhow I felt sick before bed last night and I think it was from a candle burning in my office and I had the door closed. Anyhow I went to bed with no CPAP and then put the mask on for last 3 hours of sleep. I didn't sleep as well as the night before but sleep was more than sufficient.

Woke up about an hr later than yesterday/ ate the same breakfast as yesterday

Gym- stretch and then 45 mins on treadmill and I upped the speed and intensity today. 3.2 average on treadmill with about level 5 incline but went as high as 8 for stretches.

By the time I got to the supermarket after my workout I was hungry , I went to the "hippy" section and grabbed some soy protein shake and crushed it. That gave me some energy and then a while later for lunch I had a grilled chicken wrap on wheat with romaine, tomato and hot sauce and a small side of baked chips and a glass of diet dew. Again the soda will be cut out probably within a week.

One thing I have to start doing is stretching after I run. I find that really helps me a lot and keeps me from being lazy. I feel more energized after stretching.

So now what I do is if I am just doing random shit around the house I will just stretch too.

Weight loss tip- Whenever u go to a mall or supermarket don't be one of those morons (used to be me when I was younger ) that drives around and looks for the closest spot. Park near the carriage corral or just park in the back. There will be less traffic and you will get more exercise. It isn't a ton but over the course of time this shit adds up.

Thread Information