Thread: Despite strictest gun laws in country Chicago set murder record in 2012, on pace to smash it in 2013

Platinum
    Load Metric

Despite strictest gun laws in country Chicago set murder record in 2012, on pace to smash it in 2013

516 murders in 2012, new record!

Get those guns off the street! Rahm-bo is here to save the day with his "safe streets" campaign of liberal delusion.

Oh and 2013 so far? On pace for 700 murders!!

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/01/18/cr...-rates-photos/

Discuss.

Load Metric
    Obviously they should hold less "gun appreciation days".
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Get those guns off the street! Rahm-bo is here to save the day with his "safe streets" campaign of liberal delusion.

Oh and 2013 so far? On pace for 700 murders!!

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/01/18/cr...-rates-photos/

Discuss.
    Like I've said, being from CA I feel totally ignorant on guns and laws.
    But, this is a good example, of the the best argument I've heard, to not have gun laws (or too many of them).

IN GENERAL, my take is if you add laws, only the "good guys" follow them anyway, so what is the point??? (to an extent)

Now on the flip side, I don't think teachers should be packing.
    Maybe a guard out front, but, Barry was right, if they had that many accidents at a gun show, what will happen the first time a teacher has one?

Load Metric
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Chicago is a very ethnic town, the vast majority of the gun related deaths are black on black crime with plenty of gang bang violence for good measure, the pollacks, dago's and jews don't mind if the blacks shoot up each other, Chicago cops don't show up until after it's over anyway

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    I don't think that he is implying that the strict gun control led to the murders. I think that what he is trying to show is that tight gun control does not stop murders.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just restates the fact that criminals will always find ways to obtain guns and that we shouldn't make it a crime for people to protect themselves. Guns aren't going away and that is reality. I know a guy who runs a shop that sells guns and the outcry of gun control has increased his sales big time. He said he was up over 35% for the month and knows people are buying in fear they might not be able to as easily down the road.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Discuss.
    I am a liberal and I lived in Chicago and I never feared for my life or even felt threatened. The key to living anyplace is have some money and not living in cracktown. The neighborhood I lived in has only had 11 homicides in 7 years. 4 of those were from one case of Arson. There was only one murder in near my old place and that was a roommate disagreement.

The truth is Rahm has been decreasing the police through backdoor measures while pretending in public he is adding more cops.

DrkStr probably has some info on this.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's kind of early in the year to estimate a 700 murder pace.

Load Metric
    I still don't understand why Chicago doesn't follow what NYC did.

(Actually I do understand, in general people from Chicago hate everything about New York)

The Giuliani philosophy was every time somebody in a gang committed a violent crime they would raid and arrest the gang leaders.

Giuliani more or less told the gang leaders to get their people under control or they would be held responsible.

Guess what? It worked! The gang leaders didn't like being arrested and learned how to handle turf wars in ways other than shooting each other.

Load Metric
    We got sick of being called the "Second City". Who is #1 now, mutherfuckers?!!!

also, this below

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Chicago is a very ethnic town, the vast majority of the gun related deaths are black on black crime with plenty of gang bang violence for good measure, the pollacks, dago's and jews don't mind if the blacks shoot up each other, Chicago cops don't show up until after it's over anyway

Load Metric
    by strictest gun laws you mean "yes they still allow guns but there's more regulation"

which is like arguing hey if we put bacteria in the water maybe if we regulate the water with the bacteria already in it it won't hurt us.

no you, you stop putting the damn bacteria in the water.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    by strictest gun laws you mean "yes they still allow guns but there's more regulation"

which is like arguing hey if we put bacteria in the water maybe if we regulate the water with the bacteria already in it it won't hurt us.

God you're an idiot sometimes, and what a stupid analogy. But lets use your poorly thought out analogy. You act like all bacteria is bad - you are forgetting about good bacteria out there that keeps bad bacteria in check...or eliminates it completely. There is ALWAYS going to be some form of "bacteria" in your "water", whether you think so or not, and whether you like it or not. ALWAYS.

You consistently seem to think that gun simply = crime and murder. Let me tell you buddy, I own several weapons, and lot's of ammo; The last time I checked, none of them grew any legs and jumped out of their case and shot anyone yet. I know it's shocking for you, but it's true.

You fail to recognize that Illinois is the ONLY state in the US who doesn't allow concealed carry - and it goes without saying that Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun regulations in the country - but yet their murder rate is ridiculous compared to areas WITHOUT tight gun regulations.

There are 49 states' worth of statistics that prove your thought process incorrect - There have been zero states where the murder rate rose after enacting concealed carry - if anything, it dropped.

This country doesn't have a "gun" problem. It has a culture and mental problem. That is the heart of the problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

God you're an idiot sometimes, and what a stupid analogy. But lets use your poorly thought out analogy. You act like all bacteria is bad - you are forgetting about good bacteria out there that keeps bad bacteria in check...or eliminates it completely. There is ALWAYS going to be some form of "bacteria" in your "water", whether you think so or not, and whether you like it or not. ALWAYS.

You consistently seem to think that gun simply = crime and murder. Let me tell you buddy, I own several weapons, and lot's of ammo; The last time I checked, none of them grew any legs and jumped out of their case and shot anyone yet. I know it's shocking for you, but it's true.

You fail to recognize that Illinois is the ONLY state in the US who doesn't allow concealed carry - and it goes without saying that Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun regulations in the country - but yet their murder rate is ridiculous compared to areas WITHOUT tight gun regulations.

There are 49 states' worth of statistics that prove your thought process incorrect - There have been zero states where the murder rate rose after enacting concealed carry - if anything, it dropped.

This country doesn't have a "gun" problem. It has a culture and mental problem. That is the heart of the problem.

my stupid fellow poster can't possibly be this stupid

Load Metric

68% of murders last year were the result of a firearm, but we don't have a gun problem

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

BUT THE NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN! LOOK BETWEEN 2007 AND 2011 IT WENT DOWN! WHO SAYS GUNS ARE DANGEROUS?!

yeah but they still committed 68% of the murders last year

BUT THE NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN!

you know what would make the 68% basically disappear? throwing all the guns into a volcano.

Load Metric

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...n-chicago?lite

A 15-year-old girl who performed at President Obama's inauguration last week was shot dead Tuesday while hanging out with friends in bullet-scarred Chicago.
    Hadiya Pendleton -- described by a relative as a “walking angel” -- was standing under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park when a gunman ran down an alley, opened fire at the group and fled in a white car, police said.

Load Metric
    Our african americans are better shots than your african americans

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    It's kind of early in the year to estimate a 700 murder pace.
    but not when extrapolating the data to make a point on public policy.

Gold
    Load Metric

Mexico wasn't that bad, then all these guns in America started making their way over their border. Now all the gangsters have guns and literally terrorize people constantly and are above the law.

I ask you, mr smart man, is that a problem with gun control or a problem with guns?

BTW, a lot of people for gun control aren't even arguing against concealed carry. That isn't the typical argument. Nice strawman though.

My favorite statistic is how our wars haven't killed near as many people as guns in the US.. Yet you guys want to say we don't have a problem.

I would just like gun owners to take responsibility for this shit. Stop making excuses and blaming other things. Guns can protect the weak and kill the weak.

Load Metric

You take the guns out then then culture and mental problem don't cause so much death
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Thread Information