Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FX 7 Picks & Discussion

Load Metric

UFC on FX 7 Picks & Discussion

UFC on FX 7 Fight Card
    • Vitor Belfort(21-10)vs. Michael Bisping(23-4)
    I’ll go with the hungry fighter who gets a title shot with a win. I can see Belfort overwhelming Bisping & ending it with a 1st round KO though. If he doesn’t finish it early I think the adrenaline dump in front of the home crowd will be his undoing.(UD5)
    C.B. Dollaway(12-4) vs. Daniel Sarafian(7-2)
    Don’t know much about Sarafian but he looks like a pure BBJ practitioner. He might catch him & get a submission but I think he’ll have to stun him first & I don’t think it will happen.(TKO2)
    Gabriel Gonzaga(13-6) vs. Ben Rothwell(32-8)
    All of Gonzaga’s losses have been against top opponents except his loss to Schaub who, coincidently, was Rothwell’s latest win & a KO victim. We’ll see if Rothwell’s performance in Denver vs Hunt really was due to the altitude. Gonzaga pulls him into deep water & drowns him.(Sub3)
    Thiago Tavares(17-4-1) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov(18-0)
    There’s something to be said for an undefeated fighter. He has a couple real nice wins in his last couple but Tavares has been in with some quality opponents & didn’t embarrass himself. Tough call but I’ll go with the guy on home soil although Khabib has proven he can win in Brazil.(TKO3)
    Milton Vieira(13-7-2) vs. Godofredo Pepey Castro (8-1)
    No idea. Just a guess.
    Ronny Markes(13-1) vs. Andrew Craig(8-0)
    Zero chance Craig gets a decision in Brazil against the home town boy. Markes had a good win against Simpson last time out & I’ll give him the nod here.(KO2)
    Diego Nunes(18-3) vs. Nik Lentz(22-5)
    We’re going to find out if Diego Nunes’ train is all hype. I think not. FOTN candidate.(TKO2)
    Edson Barboza(10-1) vs. Lucas Martins(12-0)
    I have to think they want to build Barbosa up after a shocking(to me anyway) loss to Varner. I think Martins is a sacrificial lamb here.(KO1)
    Iuri Alcantara(28-4) vs. Pedro Nobre(14-1)
    Octagon jitters, fighting at home, quality opponent. Lots of things against Nobre here. Not really all that impressed with Alcantara but I’ll go with experience.(UD3)
    • Ildemar Alcantara(17-5) vs. Wagner Prado(8-1)
    Alcantara is stepping in on short notice in place of Hollett.(KO1)
    Francisco Trinaldo(11-2) vs. C.J. Keith(8-1)
    You’d have to think if Keith loses here, he’ll be cut. Trinaldo’s at home so I predict C.J. will be cut although I don’t think either are world beaters.(TKO1)

15 Brazilians out of 22 fighters on this card.

Brazilians record in the 7 fights against non-Brazilian opponents: 5-2

Looks like a decent card with lots of Brazilians. What does everyone think?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Looking forward to the Lentz/Nunes fight. Belfort/Bisbing is a pretty fun matchup.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Looking forward to the Lentz/Nunes fight. Belfort/Bisbing is a pretty fun matchup.
    Yeah, like the last 2 Brazilian cards I think the Brazilian fighters are really going to bring it. I know the UFC always tries to book local fighters for this reason but it really seems to work best in Brazil. I think this is going to be a very entertaining card even though there are some relatively unknown Brazilian fighters.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Only two of those I disagree with. First off, short of running around Khalib Starnes style, Bisping is going to get beat pillar to post by Vitor. Second one is that I think Khabib will pull it off against Tavares. I think that kid is for real.

Last edited by shortbuspoker; 01-18-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Load Metric
    The only picks that stick out for me against yours are Pepey and Sarafian (heavy on Sarafian)

Pepey - went to TUF Brazil finale

Sarafian - was scheduled to be in TUF Brazil finale but went down with an injury. I honestly think he would have won the show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    The only picks that stick out for me against yours are Pepey and Sarafian (heavy on Sarafian)

Sarafian - was scheduled to be in TUF Brazil finale but went down with an injury. I honestly think he would have won the show.
    I never saw TUF Brazil. Is my read on Sarafian correct & he's a pure BBJ guy or does he have some good standup?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I never saw TUF Brazil. Is my read on Sarafian correct & he's a pure BBJ guy or does he have some good standup?
    Great BBJ but also decent standup too. I think he KO'd someone in the semifinal before he was hurt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Great BBJ but also decent standup too. I think he KO'd someone in the semifinal before he was hurt.
    Cool. I've never seen him so I was just going by what I had read. All the talk was about his BBJ & his stand-up was never mentioned.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    If you get a chance watch the UFC leadup show on Fuel TV. Chael Sonnen basically calls Dominic Cruz an idiot for picking Bisping based on using "punch count" to win a decision and he gets mad and starts pouting at the end of the show. Chael just out trolling people three weight divisions below him now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    If you get a chance watch the UFC leadup show on Fuel TV. Chael Sonnen basically calls Dominic Cruz an idiot for picking Bisping based on using "punch count" to win a decision and he gets mad and starts pouting at the end of the show. Chael just out trolling people three weight divisions below him now.
    Maybe that's where he's going next after losing to Jones

Load Metric
    Maybe that's where he's going next after losing to Jones
    He has already signed to be a part of the UFC Tonight crew on Fuel full time after the Jones fight so maybe he's trying to set up an adversarial relationship with Cruz. Then again he has usually been pretty straightforward when he does on air analysis so I guess he may really think that Cruz is a dipshit.

My hope is that he drops down to fight Ben Henderson personally though.

Load Metric
    I'm not a big fan of the wig but I'll give Khabib props for wearing that shirt to rile up the Brazilians.

Load Metric
    I'm not a big fan of the wig but I'll give Khabib props for wearing that shirt to rile up the Brazilians.

Yeah, that's classic. The more I think about it the more I think you may be right about the Tavares-Nurmagomedov bout.

I'll stand by all my picks though.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    I set up a $10 Kountermove tourney if any of you guys are up for it. Ten bucks, 12 entrants total, top 3 paid. If it goes well, maybe we do a $20 next time or something.

***canned***

Kountermove is like Draft Day for MMA pretty much. HEre's the full rundown on how it works. http://www.kountermove.com/fantasy_mma/how-it-works/
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 01-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I set up a $10 Kountermove tourney if any of you guys are up for it. Ten bucks, 12 entrants total, top 3 paid. If it goes well, maybe we do a $20 next time or something.

http://www.kountermove.com/join/1006...7-1-ufc-games/

Kountermove is like Draft Day for MMA pretty much. HEre's the full rundown on how it works. http://www.kountermove.com/fantasy_mma/how-it-works/
    I'll look at this tomorrow. I'm too tired ATM.
    I heard you discussing it on the radio last night & sounds interesting.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Tourney is now a 5 person Winner Take All.

Ten bucks, you cheap fucks. 90 minues left, 3 spaces!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Tourney is now a 5 person Winner Take All.

Ten bucks, you cheap fucks. 90 minues left, 3 spaces!

Thanks for the reminder, I'm in.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    I don't know if the tourney will go off if we only have 3 or 4, so if you know anyone at all who wants in, toss them the link.

Load Metric
    In some unrelated news, Alexander Gustafsson has signed on to take on Gegard Mousasi in Sweden April 6th.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/88...gegard-mousasi
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    My Yoga instructor is in the training camp for Rothwell. He's been posting some photos from Rio.

If Rothwell wins, he will be the tattoo'd hippie looking guy in the ring.

Thread Information