Thread: Everleaf Poker & Minted Poker scamming people, regulatory body LGA=joke

Load Metric

Everleaf Poker & Minted Poker scamming people, regulatory body LGA=joke

Druff did you play there? Do you think USA players will get paid?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Druff did you play there? Do you think USA players will get paid?
    Never played there.

Hard to tell what will happen with them. They are still operating, with 320 cash players in their games right now, according to Pokerscout. That's not great, but they're still making money.

The question is whether or not they are going to use this situation to cheat US players, and blame the DOJ. They might do that, but they also might pay out, in order to look good for their European player base.

I'd say it's a toss-up with this one as to whether or not you'll get your money. I never played there.

Anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, read this article:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/02...he-usa-market/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Never played there.

Hard to tell what will happen with them. They are still operating, with 320 cash players in their games right now, according to Pokerscout. That's not great, but they're still making money.

The question is whether or not they are going to use this situation to cheat US players, and blame the DOJ. They might do that, but they also might pay out, in order to look good for their European player base.

I'd say it's a toss-up with this one as to whether or not you'll get your money. I never played there.

Anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, read this article:

http://diamondflushpoker.com/2012/02...he-usa-market/
    they can keep my fifty dolla, that site was so horrible it was unplayable anyway

and congrats on your new site DAN DRUFF !!!

Load Metric
    I want my fifty dollars back!

Load Metric
    I posted on 2p2 about this, but Everleaf Gaming (ELG) owes me a lot of money (>$40k). I moved to Vancouver in January, requested a large MB withdraw in February, and am currently waiting...

For those who don't know:
    - September 2011 Andrew Robl posted this article, saying ELG and Cake do not have players money: http://andrewrobl.com/blog/2011/09/2...er-in-america/ (MintedNeil responded by insulting Robl and telling players to contact LGA; the LGA cannot confirm that ELG has players fund)
    - in November 2011 cashouts started getting really slow. at the time the only way for USA players to cashout was $1k/WU withdraw
    - first week of December 2011 ELG capped winnings at 750euro/week (MintedNeil posted that 0.4% of active players were responsible for >50% of the net win on the site)
    - February 10th ELG changed its T&C to ban USA and France players, no email was sent to players about this (right before this they offered a deposit reload bonus).
    - p2p transfers were banned
    - currently non-US cashouts are taking >1 month
    - Minted and ELG have said to "contact the regulating authority, the Malta LGA". i called the LGA. they do not know if ELG has players money.
    - MintedNeil left 2p2, using his last words to call me a "cheap deck chair"

If I receive my cashout I will post here immediately. But I am not very optimistic. Druff, what can we do if ELG does not pay?

We don't know much about ELG. Their address:
    Everleaf Gaming Limited
    Valley View Apartments, Commercial Outlet No.5
    Sir Joseph Carbone Street, St. Julian's STJ 1320, Malta
    http://www.everleafgaming.com/contact-us

Malta LGA: http://www.lga.org.mt/lga/home.aspx
    Tel: +356 2546 9000 (you also have to dial 011 first: http://www.howtocallabroad.com/malta/ )

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...capId=85218302

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/suzanne-lupi/37/437/829

I asked MintedNeil if he would reveal who owns ELG if they don't pay. He said he would NOT.

Who is Neil?
    http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...layers-double/
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...-pools-586600/
    Last edited by sinner; 03-04-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You can do very little if they don't pay. I feel for your situation, and given everything you mentioned, I am actually going to modify what I said earlier in the thread and state that I now believe your money isn't all that likely to be recovered.

I forgot all about the caps on winning, which was a very bad sign, as it was backdoor way of preventing cashouts. (They tried to sell it as a way to prevent the best players from decimating the player base.)

Not sure how Robl "knew for a fact" that neither Everleaf nor Cake segregated player funds, but he's probably right. I bet they never have.

I've personally had some very bad dealings with Cake, including a time when they attempted to confiscate my account with 46k in it over a completely bogus collusion accusation. That was in 2007, but they've been involved in a lot of shady stuff since then. I think there's a good chance that Cake is low on funds, and will be crashing and burning very soon.

I'll start a separate thread about them later.

Load Metric
    i actually received my cashout from ELG today which was most of my roll on there. wow. i honestly wasnt expecting to get it but they delivered..
    Last edited by sinner; 03-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    i actually received my cashout from ELG today which was most of my roll on there. wow. i honestly wasnt expecting to get it but they delivered..

Thanks for the update.

Load Metric
    I was told they are letting people cash off if you do it thru a non-US bank account.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSTMeANuT View Post
    I was told they are letting people cash off if you do it thru a non-US bank account.
    Yes you are correct. Actually received my cashout today from luvin poker. I live close enough to the Canadian border, so I took a trip last week up to Montreal and opened up an account. Only my passport and drivers license was needed.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I read this two days ago, still haven't been able to get any other confirmation/denial on this claim, but PokerFuse is a solid outfit.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I read this two days ago, still haven't been able to get any other confirmation/denial on this claim, but PokerFuse is a solid outfit.
    Haley Hintze wrote the article, which makes it even more likely to be true.

Sad. Just when it appeared to be on the way to being solved.

Load Metric
    I agree with that as well, but there is one part of the article I find troubling; her source is a payment processor who was rebuffed by Everleaf (she says as much in a throwaway line towards the end of the article). and then there is this:
    "According to Kidd, who spoke briefly with pokerfuse, Everleaf rebuffed PICCLUB’s attempts to serve as a conduit to repatriate funds to US players. “I made an offer directly to their CFO,” related Kidd, “that if they wanted to pay US players, they could use PICCLUB.”
    "Kidd described being intentionally rebuffed in his efforts on behalf of PICCLUB’s American depositors to have withdrawals processed by Everleaf, stating that the company has no general intent to pay back Americans, despite the reported success by the small handful of US players who have opened offshore accounts for that purpose."

I'm sure this guy was ONLY thinking about US players, LOL
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    scary stuff, what's a US player to do?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    LGA is a sham.

Sometime early last year Minted Poker pulled out of the U.S. market citing a seizure from the government which they latter claimed was just a cease & desist letter. The LGA "sanctioned" them but allowed them to keep operating. Minted said if U.S. players wanted to see their money, head to Canada. I moved to Canada and setup a moneybookers account and received some small cashouts at first but the largest one has been "pending" for over 7 months. The LGA doesn't respond to any e-mails whatsoever but continue to issue a license. Not that it's a surprise since half the licensees listed on their site have closed up shop already & they can't even be bothered to hide that fact on the website. It's just a shame that all the regulatory bodies in this industry are rubber stamps.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by threeup3down View Post
    Sometime early last year Minted Poker pulled out of the U.S. market citing a seizure from the government which they latter claimed was just a cease & desist letter. The LGA "sanctioned" them but allowed them to keep operating. Minted said if U.S. players wanted to see their money, head to Canada. I moved to Canada and setup a moneybookers account and received some small cashouts at first but the largest one has been "pending" for over 7 months. The LGA doesn't respond to any e-mails whatsoever but continue to issue a license. Not that it's a surprise since half the licensees listed on their site have closed up shop already & they can't even be bothered to hide that fact on the website. It's just a shame that all the regulatory bodies in this industry are rubber stamps.
    Interesting. So you really moved to Canada just to get this money? I assume it must have been an amount worth doing that for.

And yeah, all of the regulatory bodies are a joke.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Yeah, I mean I've been playing professionally for a decade so was the kick in the ass I needed to move out of the country but it was high 5 figures possibly low 6, not sure what exactly the EUR to USD conversion was at the time. Started campaigning against the LGA, though we'll see how that goes. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...t-lga-1287752/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by threeup3down View Post
    Yeah, I mean I've been playing professionally for a decade so was the kick in the ass I needed to move out of the country but it was high 5 figures possibly low 6, not sure what exactly the EUR to USD conversion was at the time. Started campaigning against the LGA, though we'll see how that goes. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...t-lga-1287752/
    Good luck, I hope you get somewhere.

Unfortunately, from everything I've read, Minted/Everleaf is pretty fucked and won't be paying anyone.

Load Metric
    I told everyone in 2009 that this place cheated players on dd no one listened. I no one of there pros david thompson I can give druff his email and maybe he can help get some of u paid. I highly doubt it though. He does have connections to the right ppl there though.
    Last edited by badguy23; 01-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Thread Information