Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conrad Bain (dad from Diff'rent' Strokes) DD

Load Metric

Conrad Bain (dad from Diff'rent' Strokes) DD

RIP

Todd Bridges remains the only survivor of the original 4.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    RIP

This show ends up on TV Land time and again. There was a maid that left the show and she I assume was original. What happened to her? I know she went onto a new show where the focus of the show was Tootie's tits.

Is the maid alive?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post
    RIP

This show ends up on TV Land time and again. There was a maid that left the show and she I assume was original. What happened to her? I know she went onto a new show where the focus of the show was Tootie's tits.

Is the maid alive?
    Yes, Charlotte Rae. She was the help though and doesn't count. That is why I said original 4 and not 5.

She left after season 1 to do The Facts of Life.

She's now 86 BTW.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Bronze
    Load Metric

Is the maid alive?
    Yes, Charlotte Rae. She was the help though and doesn't count. That is why I said original 4 and not 5.

She's now 86 BTW.
    Questionable. Who is more important to the Jeffersons? Florence the maid, or George's underperforming son Lamont?

Just calling her the "help" does not count as a reason to dismiss her. She basically launched a erotic lesbian escapade show at a college dorm. That says to me she was part of the Original Five.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Not in my dead pool so

Name:  WhoFuckinCares.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  21.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

She's now 86 BTW.
    Questionable. Who is more important to the Jeffersons? Florence the maid, or George's underperforming son Lamont?

Just calling her the "help" does not count as a reason to dismiss her. She basically launched a erotic lesbian escapade show at a college dorm. That says to me she was part of the Original Five.
    Lamont was Fred Sanfords son.
    Georges son was Lionel.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Not in my dead pool so

Name:  WhoFuckinCares.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  21.6 KB
    We should make the rule that if you start a ______is DD post you have to include if they have been picked in the deadpool & offer your congrats to those who picked them.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Todd Bridges must be shitting bricks. That is one cursed tv series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I believe he damn near killed someone with a baseball bat under a crack haze. I saw him on some "where are they now" show like 5 years ago. Sounds like he got it together.

Hard to believe the semi hot daughter nuked herself. I actually felt bad for her on the Howard Stern show when she got obliterated by callers.

I really don't give a shit about Gary Coleman. He was a midget who had his opportunity and fucked it up.

Load Metric
    I believe he damn near killed someone with a baseball bat under a crack haze. I saw him on some "where are they now" show like 5 years ago. Sounds like he got it together.

Hard to believe the semi hot daughter nuked herself. I actually felt bad for her on the Howard Stern show when she got obliterated by callers.

I really don't give a shit about Gary Coleman. He was a midget who had his opportunity and fucked it up.
    Huh? He had kidney disease from a young age and his parents ripped him off. How is that "fucking it up"?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember their was that old game show with that annoying British Lady as a host called "Weakest Link". Anyways, I rarely watched that shit but one time channel flicking I turned the channel and Gary Coleman was on the show. He was standing right next to Ron Jeremy. They started cracking some jokes about how Gary at that time was still a virgin and how Ron has done lots of things thousands of times in life that Gary hasn't done once. I guess you might have to of seen it to get the humor in the whole thing.

RIP Conrad

I agree who would of thought Todd "Willis" Bridges would be the last remaining of the cast the way his life was headed? Bridges actually is sort of close with Conrad through the years too according to this article:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...dies-at-age-8/

Load Metric
    So Dana Plato's kid killed himself too? Geesh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    RIP Conrad

I agree who would of thought Todd "Willis" Bridges would be the last remaining of the cast the way his life was headed? Bridges actually is sort of close with Conrad through the years too according to this article:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...dies-at-age-8/
    Todd Bridges credited Conrad Bain with saving his life back when he was fucked up.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

She was pretty hot in Playboy though

Name:  Dana%u0025252BPlato%252B2%252BJuin.jpeg
Views: 20677
Size:  233.4 KB

Name:  danaplatoplayboy.jpg
Views: 4471
Size:  72.2 KB

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Is the maid alive?

She's now 86 BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Son's death

Almost 11 years to the day of Dana Plato's death, on May 6, 2010, Plato's son Tyler Lambert died at age 25 of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head in Tulsa, Oklahoma.[21] His grandmother, Joni Richardson, stated that Lambert was experimenting with both drugs and alcohol, which may have contributed to his suicide.[22] Johnny Whitaker, Plato's former manager and a friend of the family, told ABCNews.com that Lambert always said he "wanted to be with Mom." "Mother's Day was always a difficult time, not only because it was Mother's Day but the anniversary of Dana's death," Whitaker said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Plato

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Son's death

Almost 11 years to the day of Dana Plato's death, on May 6, 2010, Plato's son Tyler Lambert died at age 25 of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head in Tulsa, Oklahoma. His grandmother, Joni Richardson, stated that Lambert was experimenting with both drugs and alcohol, which may have contributed to his suicide. Johnny Whitaker, Plato's former manager and a friend of the family, told ABCNews.com that Lambert always said he "wanted to be with Mom." "Mother's Day was always a difficult time, not only because it was Mother's Day but the anniversary of Dana's death," Whitaker said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Plato
    Dana Plato was mentally ill, and apparently her son inherited it.

Apparently she also became a lesbian near the end of her life, but I don't necessarily believe she was one, but rather she probably found a woman she could use for drugs.

I know a girl who actually met Todd Bridges while he was in rehab (she was working there) and dated him for awhile.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Conrad Bain was one of those guys who always looked old.

Even when he was on Maude in 1972 (at age 49), he looked old.

This is why it was especially surprising to people to hear that Bain was still live over 40 years later.

He did live a long life (almost 90), though.

After playing Mr. Drummond on a 1996 episode of Fresh Prince, he retired from acting, but oddly reappeared two years ago in a single episode of the TNT series Unforgettable.

Diff'rent Strokes was my favorite show in the late '70s and early '80s, and I looked forward to it every week.

It remained my favorite show until I started watching The A Team in 1983.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just read this on Wikipedia about Todd Bridges.

If it's true, LOL:

Bridges stated in an interview with Meredith Vieira that while he was questioning his sexual orientation, he and Plato had sexual relations during the production of the show, which he says Plato did to help him identify his sexuality.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

She was pretty hot in Playboy though

Name:  Dana%u0025252BPlato%252B2%252BJuin.jpeg
Views: 20677
Size:  233.4 KB

Name:  danaplatoplayboy.jpg
Views: 4471
Size:  72.2 KB
    Shame she off'd herself. She could have resurrected herself in a B type movie. Look at Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler where he parlayed that into millions.

She could have played some trashy hooker in one of those art type films and parlayed it into a new founded fame. She was a slutty chick, if she had just waited a couple more years she could have made it happen.

Watch Lindsey Lohan. She is basically washed up. In 10 years she will be a mature star.

Thread Information