Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Druff's attempt to get down to 200 pounds by WSOP 2013

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingmidas1972 View Post
    I just joined your forum tonight and am currently listening to last weeks show, I like this blog , I too am also pushing 41 years old and started thinking bout my heart health , I am a Mountain Dew addict I probably drank a 12 pack a day(at least) and I recently started cutting back and I recently went to Walmart and got a pitcher with a filter and fill the pitcher up and it automatically filters the tap water.I suggest doing that instead of spending $100 on bottled water. I wish ya buncha luck on sticking to your diet. I'm a smoker and recently bought a electronic cigarette to stop smoking.It's working so far I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to just smoking maybe 2 or 3 regular cigs a day now..But anyways stop wasting your money on bottled water and go buy a Brittana Filtered Pitcher.
    You will be dead within 5 years from some form of undiscovered cancer, congrats!

Load Metric
    Where are the updates u promised? Can we just call this an epic fail and move on?? I was rooting for u bud, but when I read this I thought no way is this fucker gonna be 200 by wsop time. Can u just tell us your current weight and if its not on target, what u plan to do about it?

PS I am no doc but if u lost like 10 pounds, good for u but i dont think it will make any diff in your health.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I just joined your forum tonight and am currently listening to last weeks show, I like this blog , I too am also pushing 41 years old and started thinking bout my heart health , I am a Mountain Dew addict I probably drank a 12 pack a day(at least) and I recently started cutting back and I recently went to Walmart and got a pitcher with a filter and fill the pitcher up and it automatically filters the tap water.I suggest doing that instead of spending $100 on bottled water. I wish ya buncha luck on sticking to your diet. I'm a smoker and recently bought a electronic cigarette to stop smoking.It's working so far I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to just smoking maybe 2 or 3 regular cigs a day now..But anyways stop wasting your money on bottled water and go buy a Brittana Filtered Pitcher.
    How the fuck did you made it to 40?

LOL at saving money on water while spending the GDP of a small country on mountain dew and cigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

LOL at saving money on water while spending the GDP of a small country on mountain dew and cigs.
    What? He said he stopped drinking mountain dew and quit smoking.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

LOL at saving money on water when you were spending the GDP of a small country on mountain dew and cigs.

Happy?
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

LOL at saving money on water when you were spending the GDP of a small country on mountain dew and cigs.

Happy?
    Yes that makes more sense.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    See my post in the Domino's thread.....I think that pretty much answers the diet status question....Druff I am not trolling or trying to give you grief but pizza deliveries cannot be on any kind of serious weightloss program....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurdleking View Post
    See my post in the Domino's thread.....I think that pretty much answers the diet status question....Druff I am not trolling or trying to give you grief but pizza deliveries cannot be on any kind of serious weightloss program....
    I eat almost nothing during the day, and drink water all day.

I then pretty much eat what I want for dinner, and try not to eat again after that. As far as drinks, I have one can of Pepsi in the morning, water all day and evening, and orange juice right before bed.

My weight did fall about 14 pounds (to around 218) using this plan, but is stuck there. I planned to incorporate exercise but unexpected back problems stopped that. My back is 95% better so I am about to start that, and hopefully the weight will start moving down again. If it doesn't, I might modify my approach.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

I then pretty much eat what I want for dinner, and try not to eat again after that. As far as drinks, I have one can of Pepsi in the morning, water all day and evening, and orange juice right before bed.

My weight did fall about 14 pounds (to around 218) using this plan, but is stuck there. I planned to incorporate exercise but unexpected back problems stopped that. My back is 95% better so I am about to start that, and hopefully the weight will start moving down again. If it doesn't, I might modify my approach.

seriously druff, you are truly clueless

THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD YOU CAN LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF WITH YOUR CURRENT PLAN

''not eating through out the day''

''eating what i what i want for dinner''

CMOOOOOON!!!

i see emotional problems

• your self worth has hit rock bottom since you really dont have a job
    • you are a jewish male from a successful family full of professionals, a stay at home dad doesnt really cut it at family diners
    • you are extremely lazy, unlike micon who followed his dream, and is now a baller

• bottom line, you are suffering some form of depression
    • you dwell on things, always full of regrets

Load Metric

Bad strategy to not eat during the day Druff.

Also I know someone else called you out on it before, but what the hell kind of back problem can you have that doesn't allow you to exercise at all? Are you bed-ridden all day? Are you 80 yrs old?

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    i see emotional problems

• your self worth has hit rock bottom since you really dont have a job
    • you are a jewish male from a successful family full of professionals, a stay at home dad doesnt really cut it at family diners
    • you are extremely lazy, unlike micon who followed his dream, and is now a baller

• bottom line, you are suffering some form of depression
    • you dwell on things, always full of regrets
    No emotional problems.

I don't want a job. I had one for almost a decade, and I was always counting down the minutes until I could go home and do what I wanted. I hated getting up in the morning. I never connected self-worth to a job.

I have always dwelled on certain things from the past that I wished I had done differently. That doesn't mean I sit around all day thinking about them -- just that they come to mind sometimes because I am fascinated with "what if" scenarios from the past in general. In fact it was my dwelling on the past that produced Benjamin. I would occasionally think about a girl I really liked in college but never attempted to date. I wondered what would have happened if we did, but figured I would never know. Sixteen years later, I saw her on Facebook, and now she's the mother of my son.

I am not suffering at all from depression. I do not have any sort of chronic depression issues. Never have.

Now I do wish that online poker was in a better state, and that it was returning sooner. However, I actually wake up every day and consider myself fortunate that I was a cheap, nitty Jew and was careful with my poker winnings. I didn't play over my head and chunk it off. I didn't develop life leaks or gambling leaks. I didn't make stupid investments such as real estate during the peak of the 2000s housing boom. I am part of a small percentage of successful poker pros who still has the money he made, and compared to a lot of my peers, I feel very fortunate for that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Bad strategy to not eat during the day Druff.

Also I know someone else called you out on it before, but what the hell kind of back problem can you have that doesn't allow you to exercise at all? Are you bed-ridden all day? Are you 80 yrs old?
    I didn't have ANY back problems until 2013.

I had some moderate upper-back issues in February. Just as those were vanishing, I developed terrible lower back pain in March. For the first 2 days, I couldn't even stand up from a sitting position without being pulled up by someone else. It has slowly improved since then, and now is about 95% better. I am not sure if the other 5% will ever go away, but this is tolerable. I did not want to exercise to aggravate it while it was healing, because I already accidentally aggravated it a few times and it delayed the recovery.

I chose not to eat during the day because I knew it would be easy to manage. I am already used to not eating for awhile after waking up, so just extending that some extra hours seemed very doable. I felt that this would be the easiest time to cut out calories, even if it's not the ideal way of doing things.

I honestly think the missing piece here is the exercise. It's not like I've failed to lose the weight or failed to have kept it off. I've been at this for 3 months, and 14 pounds has fallen off and stayed off -- the longest period of time I've ever kept off that much weight. (By contrast, when I lost 10 pounds in 2010 from being really sick and barely eating for two weeks, the weight returned after a month.)

I also used to eat a lot of candy and other junk late at night, and also gave that up.

I think the reduction in daily calories has resulted in the initial weight loss, but my body has now "settled" at a new weight and I need some other jolt to start it to decline again. I will try to accomplish that through exercise, and if that doesn't do it, I will start to cut more calories out of my dinners at night.

ladies and gentlemen, the legendary "gay sex" has graced yall with his presence. pfa is blowing up indeed.

Load Metric

Eating small amounts steadily throughout the day leads to a more stable metabolism. Going all out for one meal, especially at nighttime, is a recipe for disaster if weight loss is the goal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Eating small amounts steadily throughout the day leads to a more stable metabolism. Going all out for one meal, especially at nighttime, is a recipe for disaster if weight loss is the goal.
    We are just talking to the walls at this point. If all he is trying to do is get to that weight, at that time, then nothing else matters, then it might work, but I know he is too smart to think that sustainable, or healthy.

I eat as much as I want, I'm never hungry and have gotten into killer shape in the last 2 months. (more thanks to China's thread)
    I have that Nutri bullet, Ill tell anyone you will lose weight, and not really have to change your diet, just promise to down a carrot OJ smoothie or a Kale, spinach, blueberry smoothie before each meal. I'll admit they aren't tasty, the idea is to get as many veggies in there as possible. I can't believe how much those fill you up (w/goodness), then you simply can't eat as much bullshit.
    Before you know it, your body craves the shit, (because that is what satisfies your hunger, not cake, pizza and french fries.)

I know i crossed over 2 days ago, I woke up starving, i have cereal, bread, eggs, bacon, you name it, but I'm in my car driving to get carrots, so i can get my nutrients.

Fluffer, what is your opinion on these?
    I've seen you say that juicing, you lose the fiber.
    http://www.nutribullet.com/
    Name:  nutribullet.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  92.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

This was the old thinking. A lot of new research shows this might not be the case. Google "Intermittent fasting" or go to leangains.com

I personally like small meals/snacks throughout the day. But its far more important how many calories you eat throughout the day than when you eat them. So if this approach works for Druff, there is nothing bad about it at all

Load Metric

This is amazing. You're like the donk who wants to be a winning player, but unwilling to stop limping UTG, or flat 3bets OOP with A5s. You may have some short-term success, but it is not going to work out in the long run Druff.

You should hire a dietitian, it will be well worth it. It will keep you motivated and accountable.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    I don't want a job. I had one for almost a decade, and I was always counting down the minutes until I could go home and do what I wanted. I hated getting up in the morning. I never connected self-worth to a job.

but you make your so called girlfriend go to work instead of spending quality time with her son.

trust me, she is going to resent you.........

fake edit: she resents you

I am not suffering at all from depression. I do not have any sort of chronic depression issues. Never have.
    ''its not a lie if you believe it''

question druff, do you want your son to be an only child?

why not give him the pleasure of having a sibling, its not like you cant afford it?

aah, you dont want your alleged gf to stop working

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    just finished listening to a show i missed in the archives (3/19/13) where druff discusses being shorted on a massage

can one really blame that masseur...think about it, spending 90 minutes a prodding a dough like torso

Thread Information