Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Druff's attempt to get down to 200 pounds by WSOP 2013

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    forget prop bets, fad diets...short of stomach stapling, druff needs a complete lifestyle change

change the way you eat, implement an exercise regimen, get your test levels checked out, as low test can lead to lethargy

i help quite a few 40+ fat fucks, but i only take them on if they truly GET IT, and the ones that do have kept the weight off

i recommend that you incorporate weight training as this is the only way to change your body composition and lower your body fat % which i estimate at 30+

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    So the real question is what are we setting the line at ...
    1 lb per week seems like a good place to start. Go 4 weeks at a time, so 4 lbs from current weight. So if he starts at 230, then over/under is 226 by say Feb 15. Take your side and winners splits losers pot. Daily update on the book. You can bet more than once during the first week as you see what action each side is getting action.

I'm willing to put $20 to start this off if somebody keeps the book.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;120543]

- High fat diet. Most of the foods I like are fatty and high in calories.

- I won't feel satisfied eating low-calorie meals. I can pledge that I will stick to "diet" foods, but that will probably last 2 weeks before I give up on it.

fat diet isn't bad. It is what you eat with the fat that kills you. Stay away from carbs and starches. Read on about Low Card Hig Fat Diet. There have been new findings which basically has slaughtered evidence that fat is dangerous. Saturated fat is not dangerous for the heart as they always previously thought (at least in the main stream). I was so incredibly skeptical of this, but after reading lot if I tried, and I have lost 18kg by just sitting on my ass and play poker.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=vegetera;120620]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

fat diet isn't bad. It is what you eat with the fat that kills you. Stay away from carbs and starches. Read on about Low Card Hig Fat Diet. There have been new findings which basically has slaughtered evidence that fat is dangerous. Saturated fat is not dangerous for the heart as they always previously thought (at least in the main stream). I was so incredibly skeptical of this, but after reading lot if I tried, and I have lost 18kg by just sitting on my ass and play poker.

unless druff cannot process carbs properly, i have to say this is a load of crap

ffs, carbs dont make you fat, excess calories do

*SHAKING HEAD*

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    "My body will attempt to resist the weight loss. Your body tries to maintain the same weight. This is one reason why it's easy to lose temporary or "water" weight, but difficult to lose real, permanent weight."

I don't think your body resists weight loss when you're overweight but even if it does you are ultimately in control of your mouth.
    Learning to "order less" is ok I guess but even normal size restaurant meals are typically high in calories/fat compared to what you can prepare at home.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=fluffer;120622]
    Quote Originally Posted by vegetera View Post

unless druff cannot process carbs properly, i have to say this is a load of crap

ffs, carbs dont make you fat, excess calories do

*SHAKING HEAD*
    3 pages of nutritionists and finally someone knows something. No offense guys but all your spitting out is stuff weve been brainwashed to believe over the years.

The truth is everyones body is different. Just because person a lost weight eating low carbs it doesnt mean person b will assuming they arent taking in less calories. I went from 205-170 eating low carb, but once I stopped i slowly got up to close to 240. Its just not sustainably long term and you have to eat alot of cancer causing meat to do it.

How many people know a high metabalism is actually bad for you? I cant explain everything in a post but 99% of things posted in this thread are either wrong or wont work long term.

My advice to Druff first off you have to track everything you eat. Get the my fitness pal app. You will be shocked at how many calories your taking compared to what you think you are. I've been making a smoothie with the healthiest shit on the planet, but when I broke each one down it was like 700 calories. Even though they were all superfoods its still too many calories.

Get this book you can get it for free from kat.ph http://www.drfuhrman.com/shop/ETLBook.aspx

Take in everything on his site and take his word as God because it is. Trust me youll learn alot.

If your looking to make smoothies get the nutribullet its $99 at target and theres nothing like it.

Weigh yourself only once a week because your weight will flucuate and it can be depressing when you ate well but you weigh 2 pounds more then yesterday. Track your inches lost its the true barometer for health.

Stick with it no matter what this is the hardest part. You will make mistakes but always think tomorrows a new day.

Eat 1k less calories a day then you burn at rest being sedetary. I burn about 2900 so Im eating 1900 calories a day, and dont include exercise. These apps all give you extra calories to eat if you exercise. Make any exercise you do a bonus not a way to eat more. After a few days its actually easy. Today I eat around 1500 calories and im stuffed. You wanna eat nutrient dense foods that give you more food per calorie.

I could go on forever but I wont because like someone said Druff wont listen.

F

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This will be my first realistic attempt at a diet in my life. There have been times when I have expressed an intention to lose weight, but never followed through. I am going to follow through this time -- or at least give it a real effort.

I am doing this entirely for health reasons -- mainly because I am 38 1/2 years older than Benjamin (and likely 42 or more years older than my next child), and don't want him to lose his father very early in life. Men start getting abrupt (and sometimes fatal) heart attacks in their 40s. This is some of the reason for the difference in life expectancy between men and women.

Right now I weigh 230 pounds. I weighed 200 during the 2008 WSOP. I gained 10 pounds for the next 3 years, being 230 by the 2011 WSOP. For the past 1 1/2 years, my weight has been the same, but I really want to drop those 30 pounds and return to 200. Ideally, I would like to be 185, but I'm not sure that is realistic, so I am shooting for 200.

Here are the factors that have made me gain weight:

- Lots of high calorie drinks. This is probably the biggest enemy of mine. I have always been "thirstier" than the average person, even as a kid. Unfortunately, the only drinks I enjoy are all of the high-calorie variety -- typically 150 to 200 calories per 12 ounces.

- High fat diet. Most of the foods I like are fatty and high in calories.

- Lack of exercise.

- Age. I am almost 41. I once had a metabolism so high that I actually had to try not to LOSE weight. While my metabolism isn't bad for my age, it's not anywhere near what it once was.

Challenges to change the above:

- I hate diet drinks. In addition, I hate all other low-calorie drinks such as flavored water.

- I won't feel satisfied eating low-calorie meals. I can pledge that I will stick to "diet" foods, but that will probably last 2 weeks before I give up on it.

- I have chronic tension headaches, especially in the summer and winter. This has plagued me since my mid-late 20s, and unfortunately exercise brings them on (among other factors).

- My body will attempt to resist the weight loss. Your body tries to maintain the same weight. This is one reason why it's easy to lose temporary or "water" weight, but difficult to lose real, permanent weight.

So here is my plan:

- Severely cut down on the high-calorie drinks. I am used to drinking a Pepsi upon waking up and a glass of orange juice before going to bed. I will still do this, as these would be very hard habits to break. However, I will start drinking cold water during the rest of the day, as much as possible.

- Bring down the size of the meals I eat. I've been in the habit of eating as much as I can until I'm totally full. I don't really have to do that. I can order less and still feel satisfied, especially if I get used to it.

- Start and maintain a moderate exercise program.

While WSOP dates have not been announced yet (which is ridiculous), I know it will begin sometime in late May or early June.

So basically I'm looking to drop 30 real pounds in 4 1/2 months, which is reasonable.

This is not going to be pleasant, but I feel that I have to do this if I want to have a chance to be alive to see Benjamin when he's 40. While it's possible I could be fat and get longevity rungood like Tommy Lasorda (who is obese and 85), the greater chance would be an abrupt heart attack within the next 25 years (possibly much sooner), with my final thoughts being how stupid I was not to have done anything to prevent it.

I will post my results in this thread, whether I succeed or fail.

I am creating this thread so there will be some additional motivation not to fail.
    No matter if you drink a regular or a diet soda, you'll find that drinking one or more a day will cause a 30% increased chance of gaining weight around the midsection than if you opted for water or another beverage.

The artificial sweeteners that diet soft drinks have can be dangerous to your health. Generally, aspartame, sucralose, and/or saccharin are used in sodas.

Most people grab the case of diet soda because they think that it's better for their health and diet than a regular soda, but in reality, sugar-free beverages are definitely not better for you. And, it's not really going to help you with your weight loss like you'd hope. The artificial sweeteners that are added will actually hinder your dieting.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    And by the way, I cut out sodas over three months ago and I lost some 20 to 25 pounds. My waist size went down 5" to where I have to buy new cloths. I eat slower and more healthy. I feel better that the weight is gone. Cutting sodas out of my diet is one of the best things I had ever done.

So seems like the ball is yo camp DRUFF, do it for Bengy.

am rooting for ya

Godspeed

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Get rid of soda and take a 45 minute walk nightly and you won't have to change anything else. Pepsi/coke are the devil. Don't eat late. Thirty pounds in that time frame is real easy, even with a young kid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

3 pages of nutritionists and finally someone knows something. No offense guys but all your spitting out is stuff weve been brainwashed to believe over the years.
    Um, the most popular opinion so far has been to drop the sugary drinks entirely for water. That's not bullshit, and the effect that cutting it out makes happens so fast that nobody needs to be brainwashed into saying it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Um, the most popular opinion so far has been to drop the sugary drinks entirely for water. That's not bullshit, and the effect that cutting it out makes happens so fast that nobody needs to be brainwashed into saying it.

The water thing is big, it does a lot to clean out your system and it doesn't take long. I must be hella brainwashed because my cutting carbs as a diet worked twice to the tune of a 40lb drop each time. Glad it was just me believing that it worked instead of it actually working, lol.

Banned
    Load Metric
    in before shadygay and 408mike square off

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    MAYBE ITS TIME TO BUY THE MICON SYSTEM FOR WEIGHT CONTROL.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Eating meat causes cancer = brainwashed

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Druff and I should have a contest who can lose the most weight. We are both at around the same weight and he is about 2 inches taller

Load Metric
    The whole carbs or no carbs discussion is totally dependent on body type. There are a lot of guys who should never eat many carbs, particularly after 4 p.m. Most people don't fit into an exact body type, but are a blend. If you are naturally slim and struggle to gain weight, carbs are usually your friend. If you gain weight easily, carbs are the enemy at any other time than post-workout. I went 9 months sub 40g of carbs and got stronger, had the best blood pressure and cholesterol readings of my life. People always feel strongly one way or the other on this issue, but my response is always show me the fucking bloodwork and results.

At this point, more really knowledgeable guys are continuing to trend away from carbs anywhere except post-workout. It's incredibly easy to get bloodwork done without having to go the doctor and you can keep an eye on your own health privately. With a lot of the health information technology companies that are being sprung like crazy with the move to Obamacare and information cost saving, you are an idiot to go to your doctor if you're fat and think you are going to get a bad result. I'm not saying avoid the doctor if you are having chest pains or have a lump on your balls, just the common out of shape fatness. Start a diet, check yourself privately, and get in shape. There is going to come a time soon when health insurance is like auto insurance, except with auto insurance they assume as you age, you'll become more responsible and your rates lower. They aren't going to make that assumption with your health, quite the opposite.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/

Complete wellness test-$95, and you don't even have to give a name. You order, there is always a lab within 10-20 minutes of you to get blood drawn, and they e-mail you the results. A few states are exempt, but California isn't one.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Druff and I should have a contest who can lose the most weight. We are both at around the same weight and he is about 2 inches taller
    He's doing it for his family, and you are doing it for the love of the twink fucking game.

Beg, borrow, steal, 100% lock, put your moneyon OSA to win.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    He's doing it for his family, and you are doing it for the love of the twink fucking game.

Beg, borrow, steal, 100% lock, put your moneyon OSA to win.

Load Metric
    Rumor has it Druff's losing weight is the prelude to his training camp for an impending DanDruff-6TP fight.

Load Metric
    So here is my plan:

- Severely cut down on the high-calorie drinks. I am used to drinking a Pepsi upon waking up and a glass of orange juice before going to bed. I will still do this, as these would be very hard habits to break. However, I will start drinking cold water during the rest of the day, as much as possible.

- Bring down the size of the meals I eat. I've been in the habit of eating as much as I can until I'm totally full. I don't really have to do that. I can order less and still feel satisfied, especially if I get used to it.

- Start and maintain a moderate exercise program.
    Cannot stress the water bit enough, cut out any sort of non-water drink out of your diet (with the exception of tea). This includes diet sodas, flavored waters, juice, sports drinks, etc.

About the juice, yes 100% juice is good for you. It's also high in calories and it's better to use those calories in food than to waste it on a juice.

Tea (especially green tea) "promotes" weight loss. I realize most men aren't fond of tea, but it does make a difference. If you don't like straight green tea, try some flavored green teas (like mint).

I personally still drink milk (mostly put it in my tea), but if you normally drink 2% than lower it to 1% or skim. May not be as good, but is better for you.

- I have chronic tension headaches, especially in the summer and winter. This has plagued me since my mid-late 20s, and unfortunately exercise brings them on (among other factors).
    I've found that eating healthier and exercising makes a huge impact on my headaches. I only get them about 2-3x a week since I've lost a bunch of weight. Obviously our headaches are entirely different and yours may behave in a totally different way than mine, but definitely a good motivater. Plus, I've found that ginger tea also works wonders on headaches.

Best of luck to you Druff!

Thread Information