Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $577,000 for a crude MS Paint picture of a rock

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

$577,000 for a crude MS Paint picture of a rock

https://twitter.com/etherrockprice/status/1429299321480966145

This might just end up being the "Jump the Shark" moment with NFTs, which everyone in 2030 laughs at in retrospect.

Comments

simpdog: Wtf

MumblesBadly: But that’s a pretty impressive looking rock.

Load Metric
    Congrats Zap the Fractions Giraffe.

Comments

BCR: Rarely does someone make me response verbatim.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I just don't get this NFT stuff.

A JPEG of a rock that anyone can copy is worth a nice house.... but of course he actually owns that rock.

The world is getting more bizarre by the day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I just don't get this NFT stuff.

A JPEG of a rock that anyone can copy is worth a nice house.... but of course he actually owns that rock.

The world is getting more bizarre by the day.
    I think it's getting absurd.

NBA Top Shot kinda sorta made sense (ignoring all of the operational fail), as it kinda sorta resembled sports cards, except in digital format.

But now the apes, the punks, and the freaking rocks (which are probably the most absurd) really have us sitting in tulip bulb territory. Eventually this is going to crash down badly, and you'll have a lot of crypto-rich dunderheads holding the bag.

I lost interest in Top Shot after it was full of fail, and the only thing I've gotten involved with since then is ZED Run. I like ZED because at least it has a gaming element and some fun/competition to it. It's not just collecting meaningless digital art, and hoping other morons will pay more than you did. Mind you, ZED is also full of fail, and might also crash to the ground, but I've already gotten a lot of amusement out of it, and only invested about $6k (and earned/sold $1k, for an existing investment of $5k). I could liquidate my entire stable right now probably for a $15k-$20k profit, but I'm not going to. But if it all crashes to zero, at least I can say I had a little fun with it, and I didn't lose any more than I do from a bad night on Bovada.

The funny thing is that Cole South might actually be correct to buy ROCK.JPG for $577k, because he might find another sucker who will pay more. However, can you imagine these rocks being worth anything in 2023? I can't.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: can imagine a money laundering cover

Load Metric
    Money laundering has costs.

Comments

Dan Druff: very possible

Walter Sobchak: This

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently it's over a million for remaining rocks now.

https://twitter.com/etherrockprice/status/1429366865512460292

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m kinda partial on that grey hunk, there, if you ask me.

Load Metric
    Are these Hunter Bidens?

Comments

Tellafriend: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It can be viewed as a solid investment

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Punks are the OG and looks like Bored Ape is going to seal #2 spot for "avatar / profile picture NFTs". I "aped" into Bored Ape Yacht for 0.5 ETH in May. Floor is around 24 ETH now.

Lots of opportunities to make money here. I left Top Shot several months ago and rolled it all into NFTs and have spun it up to 6 figures.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I enjoyed ZED but left after the numerous failed drops. I thought I had a racer who was averaging ~10 odds across all distances but after running her 100 times I was still - ROI. Sold her for 0.3 ETH and the new owner has raced her another 100 times. Still in the red.

I transitioned to a game called Axie Infinity which allows you to sponsor a player and split earnings with them. I have 3 scholars in the Phillipines playing in my team and grinding out about $40 a day for me while I sleep. Trying to scale this to a bigger number.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    I enjoyed ZED but left after the numerous failed drops. I thought I had a racer who was averaging ~10 odds across all distances but after running her 100 times I was still - ROI. Sold her for 0.3 ETH and the new owner has raced her another 100 times. Still in the red.

I transitioned to a game called Axie Infinity which allows you to sponsor a player and split earnings with them. I have 3 scholars in the Phillipines playing in my team and grinding out about $40 a day for me while I sleep. Trying to scale this to a bigger number.
    How do you keep from getting scammed?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

$$$ laundering or I am a Monkey's uncle.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

The game requires 3 characters ("Axies") to play. These Axies live in my Ronin wallet (similar to Meta Mask). The scholar can simply log in to an account and play the game. Sending out crypto or taking the axies requires a signature in the Ronin wallet. The Scholar can't take anything from you unless they have your secret key.

Load Metric
    The next big thing...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The game requires 3 characters ("Axies") to play. These Axies live in my Ronin wallet (similar to Meta Mask). The scholar can simply log in to an account and play the game. Sending out crypto or taking the axies requires a signature in the Ronin wallet. The Scholar can't take anything from you unless they have your secret key.
    Cool, thx.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

Cool, thx.

I might take 25-1 that Drake is NickyPipes ....... 1k questionable coin for 25k questionable coin, I split with the free roll....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Aside from the fails, one problem with ZED involves the racing competition increasing over time. A good horse in May probably would draw mediocre odds today, because every day new horses are bred which are good, and they push out the ones below them which stop being raced because of not winning anymore. It's actually not too different from post-Black-Friday poker, where there simply not enough fish regularly playing, yet way more good/competent pros out there.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Aside from the fails, one problem with ZED involves the racing competition increasing over time. A good horse in May probably would draw mediocre odds today, because every day new horses are bred which are good, and they push out the ones below them which stop being raced because of not winning anymore. It's actually not too different from post-Black-Friday poker, where there simply not enough fish regularly playing, yet way more good/competent pros out there.
    Are people paying anything on secondary for horses that are not winners?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Are people paying anything on secondary for horses that are not winners?
    Yes, especially if genesis.

But even lower generation horses are getting SOME action on the secondary market, though not for big money. Females are getting substantially more, as it's assumed they can still produce good offspring, especially if legendary (2nd generation).

I can still liquidate total donkeys for over $100, and already have a few times. I've sitting on my mediocre horses, as ZED's planned restructuring of the rating system might make them viable again.

Thread Information