Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** NBA 2023-24 thread

Load Metric

***Official*** NBA 2023-24 thread

Dame trade finally goes down. Was not expecting this 3-teamer. Assuming Blazers keep Jrue and Ayton, they are going "competitive rebuild" mode, not tear down.

I would argue the Blazers are a better team after the trade....which I did not think was going to happen

Load Metric
    To me the biggest surprise is only 1 first rounder in the deal.

Had hoped the Raptors could pull it off, but I didn't think they were every really in the mix.

Raptors need to fully rebuild imo. East is locked up for a few years.

Load Metric
    I don’t get the Suns involvement tbh. Cap flexibility? They added very mediocre depth. I kind of like the deal for Blazers and Bucks. Giannis felt like he was getting restless. This should solve that issue. Portland, I assume, can move Jrue for a decent return should they choose. Really out of left field. Added bonus getting to laugh at Heat culture and delusional Raptors fanbase convinced they were now the front runners.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    To me the biggest surprise is only 1 first rounder in the deal.

Had hoped the Raptors could pull it off, but I didn't think they were every really in the mix.

Raptors need to fully rebuild imo. East is locked up for a few years.
    I truly am baffled by the Raptors failure to make moves at the trade deadline last year. I think Van Fleet had some value. OG had more perceived value than I think he does now. Siakam the same with only 1 year left on contract now. They seemed to have a ton of assets and end up trading a first and two seconds for Poetl, which isn’t a bad trade, but not great with only top 6 protection.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don’t get the Suns involvement tbh. Cap flexibility? They added very mediocre depth. I kind of like the deal for Blazers and Bucks. Giannis felt like he was getting restless. This should solve that issue. Portland, I assume, can move Jrue for a decent return should they choose. Really out of left field. Added bonus getting to laugh at Heat culture and delusional Raptors fanbase convinced they were now the front runners.
    I'm guessing cap/lowering the tax bill. Im not the biggest Ayton fan, but he can actually move and attempts to care on D, more than can be said about Nurk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Dame trade finally goes down. Was not expecting this 3-teamer. Assuming Blazers keep Jrue and Ayton, they are going "competitive rebuild" mode, not tear down.

I would argue the Blazers are a better team after the trade....which I did not think was going to happen
    They'll definitely flip Jrue.

Ayton is an upgrade over Nurkic and may blossom in a new environment.

A glut of Bucks draft capital at the end of the decade is huge.

Love it for Portland, psyched to watch Lillard and Giannis, lol Miami and Phoenix.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Love it for Portland, psyched to watch Lillard and Giannis, lol Miami and Phoenix.
    From what I understand Phx wanted to be done with Ayton. He's a soft whiny bitch. His petulance had been on display repeatedly. Their new coach wanted a guy who can actually be physical in the paint which Nurkic can be and Ayton apparently can't, he may seem to care but it's an apparent facade.

Load Metric

Miami the funniest part. Basically let 2 PGs walk thinking they had Dame. Guess Lowry gonna have to play 30 mins a night.

Load Metric
    Cronin putting on a clinic on maximizing assets. This is like video game trading, which shouldn't normally work IRL.

1. Trade superstar for star, serviceable guy/semi-star, picks
    2. Trade star for 2 serviceables and picks
    3. Trade unneeded serviceable for other serviceable and change. (Still to come, put Brogdon to Clippers or somewhere)

Comments

BCR: Great trade for Blazers. Really got absolute max with still more to be had if things go south during season.

Load Metric
    Buck Showalter donk down

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Buck Showalter donk down
    He could really finish in the paint.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lolz i meant to post this in mlb thread

BCR: His ability to finish at the rim with either hand was underrated.

Load Metric
    Cronin putting on a clinic on maximizing assets. This is like video game trading, which shouldn't normally work IRL.

3. Trade unneeded serviceable for other serviceable and change. (Still to come, put Brogdon to Clippers or somewhere)

Am loving how he cucked Miami by moving Lillard and then Jrue Holiday to conference rivals after a summer of media droning about how it was just a matter of time. Also made life for Lillard tougher, as Holiday has completely dominated him over the years. Lillard and Giannis together is going to be batshit wild.

Deandre Ayton is not a winning player but has had a market before and will be putting up big numbers. Not off the table that he blossoms into a winner after being bullied by Chris Paul and Monty Williams. He has dominated playoff games before but has also been benched in favor of Jock Landale.

Will be fun to see what Cronin does now that he's flush with assets and doesn't have to dump salaries to avoid tax and trade for pennies on the dollar.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Am loving how he cucked Miami by moving Lillard and then Jrue Holiday to conference rivals after a summer of media droning about how it was just a matter of time. Also made life for Lillard tougher, as Holiday has completely dominated him over the years. Lillard and Giannis together is going to be batshit wild.

Deandre Ayton is not a winning player but has had a market before and will be putting up big numbers. Not off the table that he blossoms into a winner after being bullied by Chris Paul and Monty Williams. He has dominated playoff games before but has also been benched in favor of Jock Landale.

Will be fun to see what Cronin does now that he's flush with assets and doesn't have to dump salaries to avoid tax and trade for pennies on the dollar.
    Miami acting like a 6th man was the best possible deal all off-season only for the Blazers to end up with multiple assets and multiple firsts and multiple swaps is a thing of beauty and I’m so happy to not see a star just force himself to the beach.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Victor Webenyama discussion in separate thread here: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ctor-Webenyama

Comments

country978: thanks - i was looking for this thread

Load Metric
    It’s way early, but this Bucks move doesn’t look good at all so far. Their defense is so much worse. Clearly it’s a move made for the playoffs, but hunting the weaknesses of a defense to exploit is usually amplified in the playoffs.

We have a bunch of players in the game at this point that are supremely talented on offense, yet are such defensive liabilities, I’m not sure how much value they bring. Dame to Kyrie to on the very low end, guys like Lavine. Lavine can score 50 and still be the lowest */- guy on most nights. Jalen Green is rapidly heading that direction.

Most guards aren’t great defenders, but the guys who can score 17 and aren’t turnstiles on defense are often worth more than the guy who scores 25 and is. Just being able to provide some resistance that allows for the good defenders to switch or rim protect is huge.

I’m sure the Bucks thought they could fade Dame’s defense, and it’s early, but Lopez is 35 now. They just look off. Their starting 5 were all like -25 against the Hawks.

Anytime you put stars together it’s awkward at first, so they’ll be very good and score 135 a lot of nights, but their defense is markedly worse and crowning them the team to beat might be a bit premature. I think their stars are all good dudes, so if it can be worked out, they’ll probably work it out, but I don’t love how it looks.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s way early, but this Bucks move doesn’t look good at all so far. Their defense is so much worse. Clearly it’s a move made for the playoffs, but hunting the weaknesses of a defense to exploit is usually amplified in the playoffs.

We have a bunch of players in the game at this point that are supremely talented on offense, yet are such defensive liabilities, I’m not sure how much value they bring. Dame to Kyrie to on the very low end, guys like Lavine. Lavine can score 50 and still be the lowest */- guy on most nights. Jalen Green is rapidly heading that direction.

Most guards aren’t great defenders, but the guys who can score 17 and aren’t turnstiles on defense are often worth more than the guy who scores 25 and is. Just being able to provide some resistance that allows for the good defenders to switch or rim protect is huge.

I’m sure the Bucks thought they could fade Dame’s defense, and it’s early, but Lopez is 35 now. They just look off. Their starting 5 were all like -25 against the Hawks.

Anytime you put stars together it’s awkward at first, so they’ll be very good and score 135 a lot of nights, but their defense is markedly worse and crowning them the team to beat might be a bit premature. I think their stars are all good dudes, so if it can be worked out, they’ll probably work it out, but I don’t love how it looks.
    Looks like the Celtics might've gotten it right. I like the way Porzingis and Holliday have fit in.

Load Metric

It's been two games under a new coach, something to monitor but way too early for this (or any trend in the league before like 15 games) to matter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Harden to Clippers.

Will it matter? Harden is already on the decline.

What are the Clippers going to do about size? I outweigh their entire starting lineup.

Comments

country978: harden is a bad seed - no team will win with him

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Harden to Clippers.

Will it matter? Harden is already on the decline.

What are the Clippers going to do about size? I outweigh their entire starting lineup.
    No idea how the Clippers have any fans with the Lakers in town.

They had a racist, cheap jew owner who runs the team like one of his slums for decades while the Lakers become the biggest team in the league.

Then jew Sterling gets ousted and the team ships Shae-Gilgeous Alexander + their entire future of draft capital and more to sign two weirdos who are rarely healthy and then choose when to play. Shae is now better than both and it isn't close.

Now you ship all the future assets you've acquired to get a guy who has literally quit on three teams and somehow still was able to steer himself to his destination of choice.

They will get smoked by the Nuggets, Lakers, Suns at minimum.

Thread Information