Thread: The Poker Karen revealed

Bronze
    Load Metric

The Poker Karen revealed

Discuss

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't watch all of it yet. He looks like I expected him to look.

Was very surprised about all of the crime stories. Not sure if all of that is true. I doubt it's all made up, but it could be exaggerated. Did he reveal his full name at any point? I'd be interested in looking that up to see how it matches with all of the sensational life-of-crime stories he told on the show.

I also don't quite understand how he and Vertucci became buds. For quite some time in late 2022 and most of 2023, they were bashing each other. At one point, Poker Karen made a big deal that Vertucci was trying to find out who he was and doxx him. In fact, someone did get doxxed who turned out not to be Poker Karen, but happened to be a similar age and live in Panorama Towers like Poker Karen apparently did.

Poker Karen also did a lot of bashing on Twitter of Veronica, calling her "V. Shill" -- criticism I actually agreed with.

Now all of a sudden he's on their show doing the big reveal, and his new target seems to be Berkey, who happens to also be a present enemy of Vertucci. Maybe this was an enemy-of-the-enemy-is-my-friend thing, where Poker Karen took a dislike to Berkey, and that mended the fences between him and Nick?

So strange.

At one point early on, some thought Poker Karen might be me. This was because he was outspoken on Twitter, criticizing some of the same people I criticized, and talked about being in his 50s and from LA at some point. Those theories were dropped when he appeared on Spaces and clearly did not sound like me.

There were a lot of other theories thrown around about his identity, and while I didn't know who he was in real life (I still don't), I never believed he was a prominent name in poker. Similar to AsianSpa (RIP), whose act bore some similarity to Poker Karen's, I guessed he was just an outspoken guy who wasn't otherwise well known in poker.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don’t think he did. I couldn’t make it through as I did not find him entertaining. I jumped around a bit but to your point it seemed to be a lot of exaggerating.

I have the same questions as you. Might try to watch again later.

Thread Information