Thread: After hide ip software

Load Metric

After hide ip software

Ideally for viewing stuff on youtube that's blocked to countries outside of the US and Australia. Anyone got some software that will bypass these restrictions?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Ideally for viewing stuff on youtube that's blocked to countries outside of the US and Australia. Anyone got some software that will bypass these restrictions?
    The only software I have that does this puts your IP in all kinds of countries, and rarely is it the US or Australia.

You'd probably have to buy some kind of VPN service, which probably isn't worth it.

Load Metric
    If you use Tor, you can see a list of their exit nodes and the countries they are in. Select the country of your choice and that's where it will look like you are.

http://www.how-to-hide-ip.info/2009/08/08/how-to-use-an-ip-from-a-specific-country-while-running-tor/

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index....tryCode&SO=Asc

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    If you use Tor, you can see a list of their exit nodes and the countries they are in. Select the country of your choice and that's where it will look like you are.

http://www.how-to-hide-ip.info/2009/08/08/how-to-use-an-ip-from-a-specific-country-while-running-tor/

Negative on tor's effectiveness captain.

Tried it, the silly page told me CONGRATULATIONS, TOR IS WORKING PROPERLY

Went to a site that had me on 24 hour lockdown (prudes) and guess what- still on lockdown.
    Flushed caches, deleted preferences, rebooted and logged onto the net via proxy and then got onto tor, same shit. "We are sorry, you have exceeded out daily bandwidth limits. Please sign up for premium membership today!" faggots. You might beat a lot of sites but some out there have magic voodoo I swear.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Went to a site that had me on 24 hour lockdown (prudes) and guess what- still on lockdown.
    Flushed caches, deleted preferences, rebooted and logged onto the net via proxy and then got onto tor, same shit. "We are sorry, you have exceeded out daily bandwidth limits. Please sign up for premium membership today!" faggots. You might beat a lot of sites but some out there have magic voodoo I swear.

For the record, you are probably the first person in history to get malware from trying to download TOR.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

For the record, you are probably the first person in history to get malware from trying to download TOR.
    Yeah I don't doubt it. I reformatted and don't have but one or two third party programs now and just stay clean and my baby runs smooth so I can't complain. I still think it's something on our network but I can't troubleshoot-mostly because I have no clue how. .

Load Metric

Crowe or Sonatine or Druff,

after watching the video he wants us to download the tor files to our USB flashdrive so we can have portability... doesn't make sense.... why not create a file on our "C" drive and place the files there? --and or have a backup copy on our USB flash drive.... why can't we have the files on our computer?

408Mike you mentioned zero anti-virus... when there's free stuff out there why not install something? or do you have it?

Nevermind, I copied it to my C drive and it works just fine... not the most tech savvy person here, but having fun with Tor already

i guess the reason they want it on the flashdrive is because it leaves no trace
    Last edited by XteraveX; 03-25-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Load Metric

Why do you say my answer to Rick is wrong? Seems to me you are using Tor to download shit from sites that limit how much a free user can get in a day or something, right? The reason you would be over the bandwidth amount while using tor is because every idiot in the world has already figured this out how to do what you are trying to do, and has already used up all the free time from the tor ip addresses for the day. I'm just guessing since you didn't bother to describe you situation very well. Rick is trying to do one thing for one reason, you are trying to do something else for another reason, so the same solutions won't work for both problems.

Load Metric
    cheers cd, gave your method a try last week with no success. will definitely try again in due course and report back.

Load Metric

Why do you say my answer to Rick is wrong? Seems to me you are using Tor to download shit from sites that limit how much a free user can get in a day or something, right? The reason you would be over the bandwidth amount while using tor is because every idiot in the world has already figured this out how to do what you are trying to do, and has already used up all the free time from the tor ip addresses for the day. I'm just guessing since you didn't bother to describe you situation very well. Rick is trying to do one thing for one reason, you are trying to do something else for another reason, so the same solutions won't work for both problems.
    No-I hit my limit in a normal browser and attempted full tor-proxy stealth to get around the limit but the site could still tell who I was.

Load Metric
    No-I hit my limit in a normal browser and attempted full tor-proxy stealth to get around the limit but the site could still tell who I was.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    You are clearly doing something wrong, or misinterpreting what they are telling you.

Load Metric
    Crowe D. or someone else who knows Tor,

I installed Tor to the USB Flashdrive like the video said......

I have a couple of Yahoo email accounts...... one i leave open at all times in a Firefox window.

I opened a 2nd (different) Yahoo email account in the Tor Browser and sent a couple messages.... when i woke this morning I looked at my normal Yahoo account (the 1st one) -- the one that is always open in the Firefox window -- and it had been shut off and switched to the one that I was using in the Tor account.

There goes my anonymity.... if someone wanted to they could trace that email account to my IP address.

A. why did this happen?

B. i saved the yahoo email page in my Bookmarks in the Tor Browser, but since i thought it was a different browser it wouldn't carry over --- but at the top left I noticed it said "Firefox" which I found strange...... Why does it say "Firefox" if it's a Tor Browser?
    How would I change that to Safari or Google Chrome Browser?

Load Metric
    X, the tor browser is a firefox browser, with certain settings changed and plugins turned off. If you want to use a different browser, you'll have to configure shit yourself, which is not that hard, but also not that necessary since the vidalia bundle does everything for you.

Second, when you are trying to use Tor to be anonymous, don't also run a regular browser at the same time (esp. when you are logging in to sites that you are concurrently trying to log into anonymously). You can either try to be anonymous, or you can show your identity, but you cannot effectively do both at the same time from the same computer.

Load Metric

You are clearly doing something wrong, or misinterpreting what they are telling you.
    Idk, I suspect now that the site uses a cookie or something that id's my computer. I thought the only thing identifying me to a site like that was the IP address it can see but I'm thinking now it's more than that. MAC address or javascript or something. Even with javascript (hell all scripts) off and an IP from sweden it could still see who I was which leads me to believe that all this anonymous proxy nonsense is like second level (with being a regular person not hiding anything or caring first level) while mofo's are third and fourth level. It might all be a waste of time.

Load Metric
    Idk, I suspect now that the site uses a cookie or something that id's my computer. I thought the only thing identifying me to a site like that was the IP address it can see but I'm thinking now it's more than that. MAC address or javascript or something. Even with javascript (hell all scripts) off and an IP from sweden it could still see who I was which leads me to believe that all this anonymous proxy nonsense is like second level (with being a regular person not hiding anything or caring first level) while mofo's are third and fourth level. It might all be a waste of time.
    Ah figured it out- the incomplete downloads must be how. Duh.

Load Metric
    X, the tor browser is a firefox browser, with certain settings changed and plugins turned off. If you want to use a different browser, you'll have to configure shit yourself, which is not that hard, but also not that necessary since the vidalia bundle does everything for you.

Second, when you are trying to use Tor to be anonymous, don't also run a regular browser at the same time (esp. when you are logging in to sites that you are concurrently trying to log into anonymously). You can either try to be anonymous, or you can show your identity, but you cannot effectively do both at the same time from the same computer.

thanks Crowe, appreciate it much. didn't know the Tor browser was a "Firefox" browser just thought that it chose that one because it knew that my computer had it running.

i'm going to investigate all the features of the Vidalia Bundle today.

I always keep around 5 Firefox windows open with about 25 web pages open total.... closing them is not an option..... i don't know how to temporarily close them so that i can re-open them..... is their an ad-on that lets me close my windows and re-open them or an 'Options' feature that will let me do it without losing the webpages while i use TOR?

Re-booting my computer takes 4-5 minutes so i'd rather not go that route.

Last edited by XteraveX; 03-28-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XteraveX View Post

thanks Crowe, appreciate it much. didn't know the Tor browser was a "Firefox" browser just thought that it chose that one because it knew that my computer had it running.

i'm going to investigate all the features of the Vidalia Bundle today.
    I always keep around 5 Firefox windows open with about 25 web pages open total.... closing them is not an option..... i don't know how to temporarily close them so that i can re-open them..... is their an ad-on that lets me close my windows and re-open them or an 'Options' feature that will let me do it without losing the webpages while i use TOR?

Re-booting my computer takes 4-5 minutes so i'd rather not go that route.
    Why not just explain what the fuck you are trying to accomplish? It would make this easier for everyone.

Also, Tor ain't a magic bullet. If you aren't willing to even shut down other browsers, shit ain't gonna work right for you.

Load Metric
    nevermind, today's a bad day, swallowed half the medicine cabinet last night trying to get sleep.... brain is swollen

anyone,
    how does one shut down down 5 Firefox windows --each with 5 to 6 open webpages without doing a re-boot? I don't want to "X" them out and then go thru the long process of bringing all 30 of them back up.

I obviously have it set up so that they re-open on the re-boot.

Thread Information