Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL divisional rd playoffs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NFL divisional rd playoffs

nfl divisional rd playoffs

seems like favorites and more favorites win and cover each and every week. even more odd because parity has been more prevalent.

Denver -9 Baltimore
    San Francisco -3 Green Bay
    Atlanta -2 Seattle
    New England -9.5 Houston

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    can baltimore's defense make a stand? not likely..but can't be dismissed. doesn't look good for baltimore on the rd w/ a lessor defense than just about every other years version.

hous/ne first game was a loss that can be dismissed for houston.....don't know if it's a blessing or a curse to see new england again, though. i do know that the pats defense can shit the bed at any given time, and houston has the defensive personnel to hold them down.

i view atlanta's game as a team that has something to prove. if there ever was such a nonsense thing as "wanting it more" it could apply here. even with everything that seattle has accomplished i see them as a tired team with a defense not moving forward.

i could careless about sf/gb....kapernick could fuck up at any given time. and gb,..well...they're gb..and they're also down defensively..would it surprise anyone to see seattle or atlanta beat either? i don't so....i'm not really gung ho w/ the NFC right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    seattle has taken a lot of $$$ this line was actually atl -1 in some spots earlier. as much as i will be rooting for seattle to win, i can't bet them. i can't remember a game that meant so much for the falcons in a long time. imo this could be another "statement" type game from them. just like they did w/ the giants,..maybe not quite the beatdown,..but it could be a pulverizing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    can baltimore's defense make a stand? not likely..but can't be dismissed. doesn't look good for baltimore on the rd w/ a lessor defense than just about every other years version.

hous/ne first game was a loss that can be dismissed for houston.....don't know if it's a blessing or a curse to see new england again, though. i do know that the pats defense can shit the bed at any given time, and houston has the defensive personnel to hold them down.

i view atlanta's game as a team that has something to prove. if there ever was such a nonsense thing as "wanting it more" it could apply here. even with everything that seattle has accomplished i see them as a tired team with a defense not moving forward.

i could careless about sf/gb....kapernick could fuck up at any given time. and gb,..well...they're gb..and they're also down defensively..would it surprise anyone to see seattle or atlanta beat either? i don't so....i'm not really gung ho w/ the NFC right now.

That's the game of the week imo., and yes I'd be surprised to see the winner of that game not go to the Superbowl. But wtf do I know? I seem to have been wrong quite often the past few weeks.

Load Metric

No actually there much improved defensively over last years team. Its been an injury plaqued season. Their starting guys who didnt make a team this year, but unlike the Bears they dont crumble with injuries see 2010.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

No actually there much improved defensively over last years team. Its been an injury plaqued season. Their starting guys who didnt make a team this year, but unlike the Bears they dont crumble with injuries see 2010.

let me rephrase - by down i mean vulnerable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

let me rephrase - by down i mean vulnerable.
    I dont even know what that means.

Load Metric
    Denver vs Baltimore- Ravens have no chance in this game IMO. It will be worse than when they just lost a few weeks ago to Denver at home. Denver 38-17

New England vs Texas- Texans will hang a little tougher this time around, but Tom Brady and Co. get it done. New England 31-21

Atlanta vs Seattle- As Mulva said, this is a statement game for the Falcons. Not sure Atlanta will dominate, but they will win convincingly. Atlanta 28-16

49ers vs Green Bay- To me this is the toughest game to pick. I think San Frans D will step up enough and somewhat hold Rodgers in check, and they will run the ball down the Packers throat. 49ers 28-21

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Denver vs Baltimore- Ravens have no chance in this game IMO. It will be worse than when they just lost a few weeks ago to Denver at home. Denver 38-17

it seems like that, doesn't it..especially on the road.... but if flacco doesn't throw that INT late in the 2nd quarter, baltimore prolly wins that game...and if they did, people would be looking at them in a stronger light here. even w/ flacco's inconsistent play and defensive woes.

New England vs Texas- Texans will hang a little tougher this time around, but Tom Brady and Co. get it done. New England 31-21

i don't know where i stand here. seems like houston peaked to early, and lost a step. they even kept cincy in the game to the end at home last week. not a good sign, imo..for a team that's lost steam.

Atlanta vs Seattle- As Mulva said, this is a statement game for the Falcons. Not sure Atlanta will dominate, but they will win convincingly. Atlanta 28-16

owner to GM>head coach> win this game or you're fired.......okay,..maybe not that extreme,..but it could be. that's the level of importance and urgency i see and feel w/ this atlanta team....

49ers vs Green Bay- To me this is the toughest game to pick. I think San Frans D will step up enough and somewhat hold Rodgers in check, and they will run the ball down the Packers throat. 49ers 28-21

i think GB's defense will be it's undoing. however,..i'm still not a colin fan

Load Metric
    I hit 3/4 of my wild card SU picks (and if I had to bet on it I wouldve been 4/4, just had to be a homer and pick the Vikes to win at least one).

My AFC bracket stays the same then, and I'll keep rolling with it. Denver over Baltimore relatively easily. I'm not overly confident on Houston winning @ NE, but I think HOU D can do enough to frustrate the Pats, and if Andre Johnson can go nuts on that weakish secondary, they can pull it off.

NFC I've got Seattle winning. Just a better all around team. Any doubts about Wilson's poise were erased on the road last week, coming back from 14 down (RG3 injury or not). SF-GB is a tough one. Tiebreaker: Rodgers vs Kaepernick. I'll take the top 3 QB in the game over the guy who has started <10 games.
    Last edited by gut; 01-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Load Metric
    Pretty simple week straight up

Denver 27 Balt 21

SF 34 GB 24

Atl 28 Seattle 24

NE 35 Houston 10

Everyone says the toughest game is GB/SF trust me GB will have to play perfect to keep it close. I think with Smith in GB could win but Kapernickels ability to scramble will kill GB, and GB's oline has to keep Rodgers up and when your best olineman is out and a urfa is starting against that defense good luck with that.

Load Metric

Don't you watch "the league", you mean you could NOT careless.

I'm a 49er fan obv,
    Justin Smith has to be back for the 49ers to stop GB, IMO.
    They gave up 3 points to NE in 30 minutes, J. Smith goes down, they give up 72 points to NE and Sea in the next 90 minutes.
    They said he is back, but at what level?

Plus, I just don't think Colin is as close to being in Roger's boat (yet) as Smith is.
    That will be the difference, they won't make as many mistakes as the 49ers will.
    I'll probably end up w/GB on the ML.
    I'd be more confident in a ball control, Alex Smith offense. as opposed to a "let air it out" w/them, like they run when Kaepernick QBs.

Atlanta has to be the weakest # 1 seed in history.
    Sea, NE, Den.

Load Metric
    The 49ers are going to lose a game due to Colin's inexperience and the way that SF's defense has been torched lately, it will be this week.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I'm a 49er fan obv,
    They gave up 3 points to NE in 30 minutes, J. Smith goes down, they give up 72 points to NE and Sea in the next 90 minutes.

Plus, I just don't think Colin is as close to being in Roger's boat (yet) as Smith is.
    That will be the difference, they won't make as many mistakes as the 49ers will.
    I'd be more confident in a ball control, Alex Smith offense. as opposed to a "let air it out" w/them, like they run when Kaepernick QBs.

Sea, NE, Den.
    No ones in Rodgers boat since hes been a starting qb the last 5 years his numbers are better then anyones, and in alot of categories no ones close like td/int ratio.

kapernickel presents amuch tougher problem for GBs d. Let me explain. GBs secondary are very good in coverage. Hayward is 2nd in coverage overall Shields is 6th and Williams is 37th but its a little misleading cause he covers the #1 guy. All this according to PFF.

The thing is they are cover guys not tacklers especially Williams who would rather not even try to tackle someone. GB is 2nd in the league in sacks, but they get that pressure by blitzing other then Clay.

They lost their top 2 inside linebackers for the year and the ones who are left cant cover and really cant tackle well either. My point is once Kap runs theres no one to tackle him. Woodson can tackle but hes a liability in coverage and hes good for at least 1-2 pass ints. Theres a reason he hasnt been cleared to play for so long he hurts the def in alot of ways. GB's D is pretty much made for the pocket passer with good wrs like Atl, but that scrambling qb will eat their d up all day. If Kap tries to be a pocket passer it will be a long day but hes to smart for that. I expect him to have over 100 yards rushing assuming he even has to try to pass because they might not stop Gore.

The only brightside I can think of besides having the best qb in the game is in the week 1 game GB had to play Chicago the following Thursday, so because McCarthy puts so much more stock into Division games they didnt spend much time getting ready for the niners, and spent more on the Bears because of the short week, but GB has had so many more injuries then SF this year this game probably wont be close.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I'm a 49er fan obv,

Sea, NE, Den.
    In all fairness we dont know that yet. They might smash everyone. One things for sure they are sick of hearing about not winning in the playoffs, so Seattle will get there best game. We shall see.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    nobody should be surprised if atlanta is the NFC team going to the SB. i think it's pretty hard to separate all the NFC teams. if atlanta could ever jump out to a 2 score lead, seattle will get killed. just take away the run game, and seattle will likely lose.

seattle on the road is more likely to be flat once again...imo..just like the vanishing act in the 1st quarter vs washington...if RGIII wasn't hurt, seattle would'nt have even won that game.

Load Metric
    I want Denver -9 $25 regs qtb

Load Metric
    Just got Baltimore +10 -115
    SF +3 +100

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Just got Baltimore +10 -115
    SF +3 +100
    You got a whole point for .5?

SF-3 not +3

Load Metric