Thread: Have you been asked to join the PPA

Load Metric

Have you been asked to join the PPA

I was sent this email soliciting my re-up to the PPA but i don't think i will because they don't have a site rep for PFA which leads to the question of why doesn't PFA have a PPA site rep, it's not like there are a gazillion active online poker forums run by a WSOP bracelet winner, also any info on HogWild Poker, here is the email:

"XXXXXX – we’re reviewing our membership records in advance of the launch of one of our exclusive 2013 premium benefits. Your record is below:
    Name: XXXXXX XXXXX
    2013 Membership: Pending
    Charlie – As one of our most valuable activists and supporters, I know you understand the importance of creating a regulated and safe environment for online poker. That's why we need you to join the PPA as a 2013 member today.
    To make joining an even better bet, we’ve worked with our friends at HogWild Poker to create a new, exciting four-week series that could land you in an exclusive $1,000 freeroll featuring former WSOP champ and PPA ambassador Greg Raymer. The series starts on Monday, January 7th, so join today.
    Charlie - - click this link to join the PPA for 2013 for just $15.
    Your membership helps make the difference between passing sensible federal and state laws that regulate and safeguard online poker and not being able to play the game we love online.
    Will you chip in $15 to join the PPA for 2013?

http://members.theppa.org/2013-join

Proud to Play,

Bryan Spadaro
    Membership Director
    PS – We’re adding exclusive premiums throughout the year that will only be available to 2013 members. Don’t miss out. Join the PPA today for a chance to play with Greg Raymer."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL PPA! What have you done for me lately?

Hell, what has the PPA done for us ever?

Banned
    Load Metric
    SO THE PPA WON'T LET ME STRAY
    OR LET ME GO AWAY,
    SO LET ME SAY
    THEY TRIED TO HIT ME UP ON PFA
    BUT IT FEELS SO EMPTY WITHOUT RAY[mer]

SO, COME ON AND TIP
    FUCK THAT, GIVE 'EM YOUR SHIT
    AND SIGN OVER YOUR BIZ

NOW GET READY,
    WE'VE MADE UP WITH JESUS AND LEDDY
    THEY JUST SETTLED ALL THEIR LAWSUITS
    FUCK YOU TERRY!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't get this, but that e-mail is hilarious, especially this part:

We’re adding exclusive premiums throughout the year that will only be available to 2013 members. Don’t miss out. Join the PPA today for a chance to play with Greg Raymer.
    Here are the reasons NOT to join the PPA:

- They have a 6+ year history of failure. Despite existing since 2006 and receiving many millions of dollars in funding, they have accomplished very little. They have had almost zero influence on the poker legalization effort. While I am not expecting them to perform miracles, they have had shockingly little impact.

- They are arrogant and unwilling to take suggestions. Read their forum on 2+2, and watch how VP Rich Muny (and others in the PPA brass) attack their critics, rather than politely taking constructive criticism. Even worse, they never incorporate suggestions from the public. The PPA forum exists solely for the PPA leaders to command the masses to fill out petitions or contact politicians. The PPA believes that they always know best, and that the rest of us are stupid and naive.

- They shy away from big scandals where their voice could be powerful. Remember the AP and UB scandals? The PPA existed, and while they could have made a big impact by loudly condemning these sites to their big member base, they virtually ignored everything that was going on. Their excuse was that fighting poker cheating was not part of their mission statement, even if the effort was minimal and could have saved their members lots of money. Similarly, they refused to help in the recovery of Full Tilt money until the overwhelming public pressure caused them to do an about-face and suddenly get involved. Once they did get involved, they were laughably quiet and passive at what could have otherwise been a very useful meeting with the Department of Justice.

- They were a puppet organization for Full Tilt and Pokerstars for many years, because that's where most of their funding came from. Their priorities and the average American poker player's priorities were in two different places.

While I support the PPA's mission in theory (making online poker legal in the US), the organization itself has been a failure and does not deserve our money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    - They were a puppet organization for Full Tilt and Pokerstars for many years, because that's where most of their funding came from. Their priorities and the average American poker player's priorities were in two different places.

Always be suspicious of political organizations that aren't transparent with where their funding comes from. I'm guessing in this case it wasn't the Koch brothers.

Thread Information