Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Lockout is Over 48-50 Game Season Now in the Works

Load Metric

Hockey Lockout is Over 48-50 Game Season Now in the Works

I know you all have been following this very closely:

"After six long months of negotiations, it took one extremely long night to get the NHL out of the boardroom and back on the ice."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...tive_cba_deal/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    As a former season's ticket holder - all I have to say is "Who fucking cares about these spoiled assholes". I cancelled my TSN months ago. I won't subscribe to NHL Network. I have OTA and can get enough games in HD so I don't go nuts and all the bars have the package. I won't give these idiots a dime for quite some time. It's football play-off time. I can't wait until these idiots are playing into June for the Cup in some southern US city, stupid fucking league ever since basketball boy, brother of former WSOP Chancellor head Pollack took over.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Just happy I can do fantasy hockey again. Given that my dad and myself live very far away its one of the few ways we keep in touch anymore.

Load Metric
    Happy hockey is back but fuck those assholes.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Samesies

Load Metric
    Fck Bovada

Load Metric
    Can't wait to see those n-words Back on the Ice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Samesies
    This pretty much how I feel about it too. I used to be a die hard North Stars fan before they left town back in the day. When we got the Wild I just wasnt able to get into it like I used to and have been a casual fan at most. I was actually fired up for this season though after the signings of Parise and Suter. Then the lockout fucked up would could have been a great season for us. I will still go to a game or two though just because there is nothing else to do this time of year.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    At least there will be hockey playoffs this year, which is all anyone really cares aboot anyway. Fuck the regular season.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I miss hockey a little but at this point for this season wtfcares

Load Metric
    MEH!

:/

Millionares vs Billionares...

@hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I miss hockey a little but at this point for this season wtfcares
    a lot of people...
    they're still playing over half a season.

Load Metric
    I bunch of players from different teams that live in Toronto were on the ice this morning at a local arena where I was running a practice for 8 year olds on another ice. I flagged down a couple of the Maple Leaf players who joined us on the ice for a 10 minute scrimmage with the kids. The kids were thrilled.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    As a former season's ticket holder - all I have to say is "Who fucking cares about these spoiled assholes". I cancelled my TSN months ago. I won't subscribe to NHL Network. I have OTA and can get enough games in HD so I don't go nuts and all the bars have the package. I won't give these idiots a dime for quite some time. It's football play-off time. I can't wait until these idiots are playing into June for the Cup in some southern US city, stupid fucking league ever since basketball boy, brother of former WSOP Chancellor head Pollack took over.

I hear you. I've said from the beginning that they better not discount the fans passion & the chance for this to turn into apathy.

Back in 1994 with that fuckhead Fehr was running the MLBPA I was about as diehard a baseball(specifically Expos) fan as somebody could possibly be. After they fucked my Expos out of the World Series in 1994 I vowed to stop following it & basically "fuck them". Although I still check standings & boxscores fairly regularly, it's nowhere near to what it used to be & I very rarely ever watch a game when my whole summer previously revolved around it.

I haven't missed the live presentation of the Stanley Cup on TV since 1975 which means I watched religiously, any possible cup clinching game since then(okay, let's be real, I haven't missed a finals game since 1975). I had/have such reverence for the Stanley Cup that at a gathering with it I watched in literal horror as people touched it as they had their picture taken with it & many(mostly kids) even held it aloft as if they had just won the cup. I couldn't even bring myself to have my picture taken with it let alone touch it.

They've(both sides) tried my patience to the max & I may have to reconsider my devotion to the sport.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    hockey guy what do you think about bettman...i think he's the biggest fucking moron on the planet and it's not even close...he has totally fucked up a great sport...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    hockey guy what do you think about bettman...i think he's the biggest fucking moron on the planet and it's not even close...he has totally fucked up a great sport...
    I don't like him but not to the extent of some hockey fans. He works for the owners & takes his orders from them, it's not the other way around. Most of these owners have never taken an order from anyone, ever, so for fans to say Bettman is somehow pulling strings to make this shit happen are way off base. Every lockout has happened because the owners wanted it to happen, not because Bettman coerced it. Of course he is the face of the owners & takes the brunt of the blame from their perspective & he's paid handsomely to do so.

You have to remember, the player's union was basically a joke before Bettman arrived. He just happened to arrive at the same time as the union emerged as something more than a laughingstock, probably due to the fact that player's salaries were now being disclosed, & some real negotiations had to take place. Before this nobody knew for sure how much other players were being paid.

So, to recap, I think they're all a bunch of whiny cunts who better never again forget who/what allows them to make these ridiculous salaries.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Anybody who was an NHL fan 6 months ago, will still be an NHL fan 6 months from now. Fans love to talk a big game during strikes about how they are done with the league, and will never be back. It happens during every major sport lockout. People have short memories and will forget all about it once play resumes. I remember reading about all the people who said they were done with the NFL because of the replacement refs(nobody here I don't think). 3 months later those same assholes are probably buying overpriced jerseys and worthless NFL junk that they don't need. Player salaries and tv revenue is at an all time high for most of these leagues. Way to take a stand jerkoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Anybody who was an NHL fan 6 months ago, will still be an NHL fan 6 months from now. Fans love to talk a big game during strikes about how they are done with the league, and will never be back. It happens during every major sport lockout. People have short memories and will forget all about it once play resumes. I remember reading about all the people who said they were done with the NFL because of the replacement refs(nobody here I don't think). 3 months later those same assholes are probably buying overpriced jerseys and worthless NFL junk that they don't need. Player salaries and tv revenue is at an all time high for most of these leagues. Way to take a stand jerkoffs.
    See also: people who bitch about the BCS system and still buy tickets to the Larry's Taco Shack Bowl.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i guess the owners are the ones to blame for all this stupid shit...i mean the fucking expansion into florida, arizona, georgia, tennessee, north carolina and taking the game out of canada (quebec, winnipeg) was just fucking stupid in my opinion...i get winnipeg (and edmonton) being really small markets, but people there (and in your whole country) actually give a shit about hockey...i mean, fuck people in miami barely care about the fucking heat unless its a clinching game in the NBA finals, you think they give a rat ass about hockey compared to a canadian?

Thread Information