Thread: Three Broken Ribs in 6 Weeks

Load Metric

Three Broken Ribs in 6 Weeks

So about 6 weeks ago I took a wicked fall down some steps and broke a rib on my right side. I spent a whole bunch of nights waking up every time I rolled over on to it and generally had a terrible mess of sleep.

The last couple weeks or so everything has began to feel better and back to normal.

So I decide to go Zibobing with some friends. See the video below if you don't know what a zipbob is but basically imagine it as a tiny as possible sled, totally designed to go as fast as possible and be virtually impossible to steer. Mix that in with a well groomed snowboard or ski trail that has virtually no turns and you can get in excess of 50 mph pretty easily.

So I was going down the side of a ski hill, zooming in and out of snow boarders when a left turn snuck up on me (aka I wasn't paying attention). Went over a foot or so faux wall, into ungroomed snow, flipped forward down the side of the hill about 50 feet with a snowboard jump, that they were preparing to open, stopping my fall.

Two busted ribs on my left side, one near my sternum and the other on my far left side. Needless to say I am in a bunch of pain.

I also busted up my face and was bleeding all over the place. Of course I go inside wipe off the blood and go down the hill two more times. The last time at the bottom was when I knew something was actually wrong because I couldn't stand up on my own. Quick visit to the ER, doctor shakes his head, gives me some pain meds, and now I have 5-6 more weeks of pain to deal with.

Ninja edit to add a picture so you can see how big these things are

Name:  thumb_13353__lightbox.jpeg
Views: 899
Size:  129.5 KB
    Last edited by abrown83; 01-01-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: To add picture...

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Abrown, you're known around here as a pretty reasonable fellow.

What the hell bro?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

What the hell bro?
    These things are awesome.

Way better than skiing or snowboarding. They let you achieve a lot higher rate of speed with a lot smaller skill set (my example withstanding obviously).

I think technically in German they go by Zipflbob or also known as mini bob.

I am thinking about trying to become a dealer in these things since they aren't popular in the states yet.

Load Metric

I imagine this model would be popular with fat white women.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I imagine this model would be popular with fat white women.
    Indeed, they are incredibly gay looking. Other than its impressive size, the handle holds no purpose other than grip. You do all your steering by using the edges of your sled.

Also, only an idiot rides one of these without a strap of some kind.

If you crash (when you) you don't want to walk down the side of a mountain/hill.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    but basically imagine it as a tiny as possible sled, totally designed to go as fast as possible and be virtually impossible to steer. Mix that in with a well groomed snowboard or ski trail that has virtually no turns and you can get in excess of 50 mph pretty easily.
    Would you drive any car at 50 mph if it had no steering? If not, why the fuck would you do this? Isn't an icy snowbank just as dangerous as a brick wall at those speeds? Shit like this is just begging for a news headline that reads "Tragedy on the Slopes". When in fact, it wasn't a tragedy at all. Just stupidity. Humans are the only creatures on earth that purposefully put themselves in dangerous situations just for the "thrill" of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    I feel for you braking ribs are so fuckin painful and they never seem to get better. I got landed on playing on football in 10 degree weather and heard my ribs crack, but never went to the doctor. I started a new job that night 3rd shift and it was physically demanding. I swear I was in pain for close to 3 months. Just fuckin awful. Trent Richardson broke some ribs this year and said he has to sleep standing up. Not sure how that works.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

What the hell bro?

Way better than skiing or snowboarding. They let you achieve a lot higher rate of speed with a lot smaller skill set (my example withstanding obviously).

I am thinking about trying to become a dealer in these things since they aren't popular in the states yet.
    No way this thing is faster or in any way better, funer than skiing or snowboarding, it is not posable for a extruded plastic tray with a black cock sticking out of it is faster than a tuned polished and waxed ski or snowboard. In any conditions. this things max speed is no wear near 50mph Unless you drag it behind a car.
    Would say a helmet and pads might be in order too.
    Sorry to hear your busted up.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 01-02-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    So about 6 weeks ago I took a wicked fall down some steps and broke a rib on my right side. I spent a whole bunch of nights waking up every time I rolled over on to it and generally had a terrible mess of sleep.

The last couple weeks or so everything has began to feel better and back to normal.

So I decide to go Zibobing with some friends. See the video below if you don't know what a zipbob is but basically imagine it as a tiny as possible sled, totally designed to go as fast as possible and be virtually impossible to steer. Mix that in with a well groomed snowboard or ski trail that has virtually no turns and you can get in excess of 50 mph pretty easily.

So I was going down the side of a ski hill, zooming in and out of snow boarders when a left turn snuck up on me (aka I wasn't paying attention). Went over a foot or so faux wall, into ungroomed snow, flipped forward down the side of the hill about 50 feet with a snowboard jump, that they were preparing to open, stopping my fall.

Two busted ribs on my left side, one near my sternum and the other on my far left side. Needless to say I am in a bunch of pain.

I also busted up my face and was bleeding all over the place. Of course I go inside wipe off the blood and go down the hill two more times. The last time at the bottom was when I knew something was actually wrong because I couldn't stand up on my own. Quick visit to the ER, doctor shakes his head, gives me some pain meds, and now I have 5-6 more weeks of pain to deal with.

Some bad decisions here bro. With all due respect.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Some bad decisions here bro. With all due respect.

Would be bad to hit a bump and come straight down on that joystick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

No way this thing is faster or in any way better, funer than skiing or snowboarding, it is not posable for a extruded plastic tray with a black cock sticking out of it is faster than a tuned polished and waxed ski or snowboard. In any conditions. this things max speed is no wear near 50mph Unless you drag it behind a car.

Skip ahead to 3 minutes and 7:15.

Also, 8:40 gives you a great angle from the bottom of the hill what it is like to see somebody go down a hill on one of these things.

They are going about 110 km/hour or just shy of 70 mph. The world speed record I believe is now around 140 km/hour or about 87 mph.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

Skip ahead to 3 minutes and 7:15.

Also, 8:40 gives you a great angle from the bottom of the hill what it is like to see somebody go down a hill on one of these things.

They are going about 110 km/hour or just shy of 70 mph. The world speed record I believe is now around 140 km/hour or about 87 mph.
    LoL Mach Schnell !

Serously though that's some crazy shit there. I liked the going from the sled to his feet at 90k, don't want a edge to catch there.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny, I think I rode on something similar in the '80s, except it was down a track on a mountain during the summer, rather than down snow.

No way I'd try riding that shit on an actual ski slope with skiers and snowboarders. In fact, as a skier, I would hate having someone on one of those things on the slopes alongside of me.

Anyway, hope you get well soon.

I am too old to try dangerous shit like that nowadays.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Funny, I think I rode on something similar in the '80s, except it was down a track on a mountain during the summer, rather than down snow.

No way I'd try riding that shit on an actual ski slope with skiers and snowboarders. In fact, as a skier, I would hate having someone on one of those things on the slopes alongside of me.

Anyway, hope you get well soon.

I am too old to try dangerous shit like that nowadays.
    You also have a kid which is reason enough no matter how old you are.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information