Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL NFL PLAYOFFS THREAD***

Load Metric

***OFFICIAL NFL PLAYOFFS THREAD***

As a Viking fan, yesterdays game was one of the top 5 games I've ever seen. I ran the full gamut of emotions throughout it, and was almost shaking by the end of it. AD=MVP EASY

I'm guessing ShadyJ and Muck would agree that it was an amazing game, even though the Packers came up on the short end. Should be a great round 3 next week.

Can't wait for SEA-WASH also. The two AFC wild-card games....meh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    As a Viking fan, yesterdays game was one of the top 5 games I've ever seen. I ran the full gamut of emotions throughout it, and was almost shaking by the end of it. AD=MVP EASY

I'm guessing ShadyJ and Muck would agree that it was an amazing game, even though the Packers came up on the short end. Should be a great round 3 next week.

Can't wait for SEA-WASH also. The two AFC wild-card games....meh.
    As a Vikings fan I can understand you havent had alot to cheer for, for awhile.

GB flat out got outcoached in that game, and everything went the Vikings way. We found out Ponder can actually complete a pass. until that game GB run d with Matthews playing was less then 100 yards a game. I really thought they would stack the box and go straight man since with Harvin out Minn has zero wr weapons and hold AP to around 100 yards. I couldnt have been more wrong.

If AP doesnt win the mvp it will be a robbery

Load Metric
    Can Muck or any Packers fan explain to me what the fuck is up with McCarthy this year? First he has a pass back called on a return up 11 with 8 mins to go vs the Bears. Ok he fucked up it was a horrible call but the last 7-8 years or however long hes been here hes never done shit like that.We can let it slide
    , but Then he throws a fuckin challenge flag on a turnover. I mean I laughed at how dumb Scwartz was for doing it then MM does it. WTF is going on every player knew the rule, but the coach doesnt? To many injuries this year will get crushed by SF in 2 weeks if they can find a way to tackle AP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

As a Vikings fan I can understand you havent had alot to cheer for, for awhile.
    Yeah, well like in they say in poker, you remember the losses more than the wins. But I think its true with the Vikes though for the past 20 years or so. Their really good teams (1998, 2000, 2009) cruised through the regular seasons, locked up playoff spots early, and then suffered heartbreaking defeats. Off the top of my head, the last "underdog-big-win-in-a-playoff-game" (which this game basically was for the Vikings, since they were done if they lost) was 1987, I think, beating the 49'ers in the divisional round. I guess maybe in 2004 beating GB in Lambeau in the infamous Randy Moss mooning the fans game might qualify as well.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's all gloom and doom here in Houston. Before this season, most fans would have been pretty happy to hear that this team would go 12-4. Unfortunately, all 4 of those losses have been very ugly, with most of them coming down the backstretch. A virtual lock on the #1 seed squandered.

I still feel like this team has enough talent on paper to beat anyone in the AFC. Of course, I'm far more optimistic than most fans in this city. I'll hold out hope that they pull themselves together and play better in the postseason.

Load Metric
    Agreed that was one of the games of the year. NFC wild card games should be much better than AFC.

My read for the Super Bowl is Green Bay vs. Denver.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Can Muck or any Packers fan explain to me what the fuck is up with McCarthy this year? First he has a pass back called on a return up 11 with 8 mins to go vs the Bears. Ok he fucked up it was a horrible call but the last 7-8 years or however long hes been here hes never done shit like that.We can let it slide
    , but Then he throws a fuckin challenge flag on a turnover. I mean I laughed at how dumb Scwartz was for doing it then MM does it. WTF is going on every player knew the rule, but the coach doesnt? To many injuries this year will get crushed by SF in 2 weeks if they can find a way to tackle AP.
    I don't understand why MM throwing the flag didn't negate the review like it did with Schwartz. The explanation on TV was dumb--they had already buzzed for the review before MM threw the flag. What does that matter, the review is automatic on a turnover or a scoring play. I don't get the difference.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I don't understand why MM throwing the flag didn't negate the review like it did with Schwartz. The explanation on TV was dumb--they had already buzzed for the review before MM threw the flag. What does that matter, the review is automatic on a turnover or a scoring play. I don't get the difference.
    Doesnt make alot of sense but thr rule doent either. 15 yards fine, but to then not review it is retarted. Next year it will just be 15 yards.

Load Metric
    Agreed that was one of the games of the year. NFC wild card games should be much better than AFC.

Im with you on Denver since they locked up the 1 seed, but GB needed the bye and home field vs the Niners. They matchup well vs Atl, but SF is basically last years Giants, but better.

SF vs Denver
    SF wins 30-21

Banned
    Load Metric

Im with you on Denver since they locked up the 1 seed, but GB needed the bye and home field vs the Niners. They matchup well vs Atl, but SF is basically last years Giants, but better.

SF vs Denver
    SF wins 30-21
    Name:  swing-miss.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  92.5 KB

Load Metric
    Im over my disapointment and I now think if Gb plays a perfect game like NYG did last year they could beat SF. That makes me a Seahawk fan this week because I think they have a better chance of beating ATL then Wash. Atl will roast teams without great secondarys plus RG3 being hurt. Setup a remact between Seattle and GB in GB for the NFC Championship. I'm dreaming I know.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    It's all gloom and doom here in Houston. Before this season, most fans would have been pretty happy to hear that this team would go 12-4. Unfortunately, all 4 of those losses have been very ugly, with most of them coming down the backstretch. A virtual lock on the #1 seed squandered.

I still feel like this team has enough talent on paper to beat anyone in the AFC. Of course, I'm far more optimistic than most fans in this city. I'll hold out hope that they pull themselves together and play better in the postseason.
    The injuries on defense have really hurt the Texans this year. Still hard to fathom how piss poorly they played down the stretch.

Pulling for the Vikes obv but I would love a rematch vs Green Bay. Settling the matter over the Inaccurate Reception plus avenging two playoff losses (03 and 07) ftw.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    NO ONE IS GOING TO BEAT PEYTON. MANNING IS GOD. BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    You may be right but that's a bold statement. Brady could beat him. Though Denver's pash rush will give Brady fits especially in Denver.

Load Metric
    taking a stab at things...
    NFC:

MIN > GB (yeah, yeah...I know)
    SEA > WAS

ATL > MIN
    SEA > SF

SEA > ATL

AFC:

HOU > CIN
    BAL > IND

HOU > NE
    DEN > BAL

DEN > HOU

DEN > SEA

Bronze
    Load Metric
    NFC:

SEA > WAS

ATL > MIN
    SEA > SF

SEA > ATL

AFC:

HOU > CIN
    BAL > IND

HOU > NE
    DEN > BAL

DEN > HOU

DEN > SEA
    I cant think of even one solid reason to think Houston would win on the road, possibly in bad weather, over NE/Brady/Belicheck.

Peace

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

The injuries on defense have really hurt the Texans this year. Still hard to fathom how piss poorly they played down the stretch.

Pulling for the Vikes obv but I would love a rematch vs Green Bay. Settling the matter over the Inaccurate Reception plus avenging two playoff losses (03 and 07) ftw.
    You do realize the game wouldnt be in Seattle, and there will be real referees right?

Load Metric
    NFC:

SEA > WAS

ATL > MIN
    SEA > SF

SEA > ATL

AFC:

HOU > CIN
    BAL > IND

HOU > NE
    DEN > BAL

DEN > HOU

DEN > SEA
    You could feasibly whiff the whole wildcard round.

If anyone really believes Minn will come within 2 tds of GB is either misinformed or on crack.

All you hear about Is All Day, but Rodgers this year vs Minny
    55/75 651 yds 5tds 1 int rating 116

Ponder vs GB
    28/53 353 yds 4tds 2 ints rating 83.3

I understand that Minn has no run game so its all on Ponder....lol

This guy is awful could you imagine what a good qb would do with the best running back in the game and probably in history.

This is the healthiest GB has been since opening day. Minn does catch a little break Im 2 hrs from GB but its alot warmer today then the last few days.

GB 45 Minn 20

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

You do realize the game wouldnt be in Seattle, and there will be real referees right?

Thread Information