Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negreanu gets banned from 2+2 for "spamming"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Negreanu gets banned from 2+2 for "spamming"

He posted this:

They banned him for "spamming" because part of the vlog consists of an ad for some new thing called the iseries.

He's been posting his other vlogs for weeks and they've never had a problem with it before.

You can't make this shit up.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm no fan of the 2P2s over zealous censoring/banning policy, but I have to say I'm very disapppointed with Negreanu for turning this weeks rant into a such a blatent infomercial.

I see no reason for 2P2 to ban him, but removing links to this particular 'rant' seems fair enough to me. I see very little ranting, but I see several minutes of sickly advertising.

Load Metric
    2p2 is a private community with private ownership. People should have the right to do what they want with their private property. If the owners of 2p2 want to ban Negreanu for the video or for any other reason, it is their right. People that are part of the community also have the right to object and it is good to encourage the objection and control to way objection occurs.

The same right of ownership extends to the owner of this forum. You may not always agree with a particular decision of an owner, but you must agree with the owner's right to be able to take the decision.

The only thing that is outside of this way of thinking is Subway. They should not have the right to not follow your easy wishes for how your sandwich is to be built or whether you want the vegetables to be touching or not touching or on the side. They should follow the Burger King motto of "Have it your way".

Name:  burger-king-logo-have-it-your-way.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  15.9 KB

Load Metric
    So stupid, Daniel posting there gives them credibility. He has participated in multiple high view threads. People come from all over the net to read Daniel's posts. Isn't that exactly what fuels profits for 2+2? Warn him about posting advertising if you want or give the man a reach around for all the traffic he sends their way.

Even Micon knows better.

Load Metric
    Four is the absolute worst poker community on the Internet. It's fully censored by both the moderators and the owners, has its own agenda, and the 99% on Four lick the balls of the 1% so bad their tongues forever hang from their mouths. I've had my own run-ins with their moderators (I was never banned, but was warned a ban was coming for posting on an Internet forum).

Here is the actual response the Mod gave me in a PM exchange on why an exchange I had with Dan Cates (I was one of the few people he even responded to in the thread) was deleted during that whole Girah debacle:

ME: Whatever dude, I'm only following this story like everyone else --I informed you that xxx xxxx was contacted by Girah a year ago lead, and have brought up the relevant topic of how could they have deposited $100k in a single day when Lock has limits --but my post count sucks so it doesn't matter --if my name was FoxwoodsFiend it would all be fine though... I'll go back to lurking

Regards
    JO (Jerkoff) Moderator at 2+2: No offense intended, it's just the reality of that community... Yeah and I personally played HSNL and know many/most of the HSNL regulars.
    It's just what it is. Sorry.
    It seemed like while everyone was busy throwing Haseeb Qureshi under the bus the moderators took it upon themsleves to delete anything that really made Cates look bad.

Basically the mod is telling me because I have a low post count, and he doesn’t personally know me or if I play High-Stakes (whatever the hell qualifies for that), I can’t possibly have anything relevant to say. It’s like a car salesman saying “you can look at this Mercedes, but you look too young to be able to afford so don’t touch it” when I have $100k in my pocket. This jerkoff wants to see the money first. God Bless 2+2
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He posted this:

slight bit of gayness at 19:04

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He posted this:

They banned him for "spamming" because part of the vlog consists of an ad for some new thing called the iseries.

He's been posting his other vlogs for weeks and they've never had a problem with it before.

I don't think he himself has been posting the blogs over the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure other people have been posting his blogs for him. Maybe he did today and he got shitcanned.

I linked a blog I wrote from here to the FTP discussion thread and got an infraction for spamming because it was my own blog. My argument was that guys like Brunson and Negreanu get their blogs linked all of the time and most of the time they are just ranting and their blogs on FTP matter have no substance and are just well "ITS HIS FAULT, ITS THAT GUYS FAULT". I told them I had no motive whatsoever. If I wanted to spam anything I would have spammed my own site venompoker.com which has ads etc. and I stand to gain something from it.

I argued with mods that my blog actually had some substance on what I saw day to day there as a player for years and I was just reporting facts to the thread and Negreanu and Brunson were just spouting off their opinions on what happened and should have been done.

In any event I got an infraction for spamming and was told that others could link my blogs but I could not. Then I was told if they found I tried to circumvent their spamming laws having others link my blogs to relevant threads I would be banned.

More facts I have played more hands/hours and was more familiar with the day to day operations than either Negreanu or Brunson

2+2 countered that their blogs got posted by other people so it was ok and that they were "famous" so it was ok.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    He posted this:

I don't think he himself has been posting the blogs over the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure other people have been posting his blogs for him. Maybe he did today and he got shitcanned.

I linked a blog I wrote from here to the FTP discussion thread and got an infraction for spamming because it was my own blog. My argument was that guys like Brunson and Negreanu get their blogs linked all of the time and most of the time they are just ranting and their blogs on FTP matter have no substance and are just well "ITS HIS FAULT, ITS THAT GUYS FAULT". I told them I had no motive whatsoever. If I wanted to spam anything I would have spammed my own site venompoker.com which has ads etc. and I stand to gain something from it.

I argued with mods that my blog actually had some substance on what I saw day to day there as a player for years and I was just reporting facts to the thread and Negreanu and Brunson were just spouting off their opinions on what happened and should have been done.

In any event I got an infraction for spamming and was told that others could link my blogs but I could not. Then I was told if they found I tried to circumvent their spamming laws having others link my blogs to relevant threads I would be banned.

More facts I have played more hands/hours and was more familiar with the day to day operations than either Negreanu or Brunson

2+2 countered that their blogs got posted by other people so it was ok and that they were "famous" so it was ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Platinum
    Load Metric

For years I just assumed it was a world class 2p2 shop, one of my favs for sure. Final found out it was real, couldn't believe he really did a black face sketch, crazy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

For years I just assumed it was a world class 2p2 shop, one of my favs for sure. Final found out it was real, couldn't believe he really did a black face sketch, crazy.
    Have you not ever noticed that Negreanu has street cred with almost every single demographic? He had Jamaican friends growing up so he can do the black face without catching any shit. He was married to an Asian, his assistant is a lesbian, he was a huge Jesus freak at one time, he recently put out the blog supporting the gay poker pro, and manages to pull hot trim all the while. The dude's life seems to bee one big bag of rungood.

Load Metric
    I was infracted for my location being my twitter

They don't play over there.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Have you not ever noticed that Negreanu has street cred with almost every single demographic? He had Jamaican friends growing up so he can do the black face without catching any shit. He was married to an Asian, his assistant is a lesbian, he was a huge Jesus freak at one time, he recently put out the blog supporting the gay poker pro, and manages to pull hot trim all the while. The dude's life seems to bee one big bag of rungood.
    Well, in his defense he is one of those guys that is very likeable and gets along with everyone and you can tell there is not a bigoted bone in his body, so he can get away with saying things that other people couldn't. That is not to say Daniel doesn't make enemies, he certainly does, but it seems it is always personal and not demographic based.

Charles Barkley is another example of a celebrity who can get away with saying things other people cant because of his charisma and likeability.

Load Metric
    Daniel nails it in his response: Mason is from North Korea

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...post&p=3543552

Here is exactly what happened:

Iseries press release was available at the site, so I posted a thread about it since I assumed, as normal, people would want to discuss the series as they have with any other league, tournament, or tour. The old, "Will it work" discussion, etc. Didn't even think it was odd, just wanted to be first, since I knew a thread was inevitable. They took down the thread.

Then someone ELSE, no idea who, started a thread called "Live Betting on Poker" and were discussing iSeries. Since I know a lot about it, I assumed they'd WANT knowledgeable people posting in the thread, so I added some comments and addressed some concerns voiced by a few posters. They took the thread down!

I spend ALL of Tuesday editing my new vlog and finished up around 2am and uploaded it. There is a dedicated thread on there called "Daniel's Offical Vlog Thread" where each week someone posts a link to my new vlog and then comments on it. So I decided to post the link in that dedicated thread, and also in the "Daniel Negreanu PhotoShop" thread mentioning that I used some of their pics since I felt that was relevant to the thread.

Then they banned me! LOL. In my vlog I've discussed Epic Poker, FTP poker, WPT, WSOP, etc. none of which, from what I know, spend money advertising with 2+2. They never had any problem with that, nor do they have problems with people posting threads about other tourney events like PremierLeague, or even cash game shows like HSP. The only difference between Iseries and those entities is that you can bet on it. Mind you, 90% of the posters on that forum are US, so they are NOT even a viable market at all! They can't even bet on it.

Let's not even get into the fact that high profile posters contributing to their forums helps drive traffic which makes them $$$. This event is going to happen, and poker fans are going to want to talk about it. 2+2 has taken a North Korean like approach to it by censoring what posters are allowed to discuss on the forum. There have been TONS of threads in the past where people discuss who they think will win, what the odds are, etc.

Clearly, and I mean CLEARLY they are completely out of touch with how social media works today, as well as the current poker landscape. Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTube are FREE avenues to promote and advertise and they are also 1000% more effective than spending money on forum advertising... to a market that you can NOT profit from! Iseries for US residents is simply an opportunity to watch LIVE poker, with holecards, on the web... FOR FREE. NO PROFIT.

Their decision to ban me and pull the threads is simply a shakedown. They are hoping that they can squeeze a few bucks out of the Iseries to put up banners, and completely overestimating their importance in the poker world, which isn't new for them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Daniel nails it in his response: Mason is from North Korea

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...post&p=3543552

Here is exactly what happened:

Iseries press release was available at the site, so I posted a thread about it since I assumed, as normal, people would want to discuss the series as they have with any other league, tournament, or tour. The old, "Will it work" discussion, etc. Didn't even think it was odd, just wanted to be first, since I knew a thread was inevitable. They took down the thread.

Then someone ELSE, no idea who, started a thread called "Live Betting on Poker" and were discussing iSeries. Since I know a lot about it, I assumed they'd WANT knowledgeable people posting in the thread, so I added some comments and addressed some concerns voiced by a few posters. They took the thread down!

I spend ALL of Tuesday editing my new vlog and finished up around 2am and uploaded it. There is a dedicated thread on there called "Daniel's Offical Vlog Thread" where each week someone posts a link to my new vlog and then comments on it. So I decided to post the link in that dedicated thread, and also in the "Daniel Negreanu PhotoShop" thread mentioning that I used some of their pics since I felt that was relevant to the thread.

Then they banned me! LOL. In my vlog I've discussed Epic Poker, FTP poker, WPT, WSOP, etc. none of which, from what I know, spend money advertising with 2+2. They never had any problem with that, nor do they have problems with people posting threads about other tourney events like PremierLeague, or even cash game shows like HSP. The only difference between Iseries and those entities is that you can bet on it. Mind you, 90% of the posters on that forum are US, so they are NOT even a viable market at all! They can't even bet on it.

Let's not even get into the fact that high profile posters contributing to their forums helps drive traffic which makes them $$$. This event is going to happen, and poker fans are going to want to talk about it. 2+2 has taken a North Korean like approach to it by censoring what posters are allowed to discuss on the forum. There have been TONS of threads in the past where people discuss who they think will win, what the odds are, etc.

Clearly, and I mean CLEARLY they are completely out of touch with how social media works today, as well as the current poker landscape. Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTube are FREE avenues to promote and advertise and they are also 1000% more effective than spending money on forum advertising... to a market that you can NOT profit from! Iseries for US residents is simply an opportunity to watch LIVE poker, with holecards, on the web... FOR FREE. NO PROFIT.

Their decision to ban me and pull the threads is simply a shakedown. They are hoping that they can squeeze a few bucks out of the Iseries to put up banners, and completely overestimating their importance in the poker world, which isn't new for them.
    Basically the same thing they said to me last week. they told me if I wanted to link something I wrote then I would have to pay for advertising since I posted it.

But if someone else posted it then it is ok.

So basically if someone else linked Negreanus blog and not him it would have been ok according to the way they do things.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    He posted this:

I think its hilarious that Negreanu was setting up to punk the kid and failed to setup the entire hand properly with the birthday boy spiking an King on the flop.. Whoops..

Load Metric
    2+2 can suck my dick, but i like the variety they offer, the thousands of posters, the quantity, the hits, so much, and you don't get your ass flamed if you say something a lil dumb

other than that they die in a grease fire

Load Metric
    Daniel is on QJ talking about the ban now.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    2+2 will survive without the whiny closeted homosexual

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    2+2 really fucked up here, and apparently it was that idiot ProfessionalPoker doing it, though I think the command to ban Daniel came from Mason himself.

(Someone correct me if I got the details wrong.)

ProfessionalPoker is one of the 2+2 blue mods (one step above the normal green mods), and I remember him making an idiot of himself defending Mason's "logo blackmail" attempt against the PPA. Like pretty much the whole board was telling Mason what a jerk and control freak he was being, and ProfessionalPoker was still sticking up for him, acting like the perfect corporate yes-man.

It's amazing sometimes how out-of-touch the powers-that-be at 2+2 are.

I would totally understand NOT giving Daniel a free pass for legitimate rule breakages. I can respect the "all rules apply to everyone" approach. However, Daniel wasn't breaking any rules, he wasn't hurting anyone, and this was pretty much a shakedown for money. They are so shortsighted over there that they don't realize that Daniel's presence brings traffic and content, and that it's hugely valuable to have big name pros on your forum. Therefore, you don't try to squeeze every dollar out of them when they take a second to promote one of their projects.

Idiots.

Load Metric
    2+2 really fucked up here, and apparently it was that idiot ProfessionalPoker doing it, though I think the command to ban Daniel came from Mason himself.

(Someone correct me if I got the details wrong.)

ProfessionalPoker is one of the 2+2 blue mods (one step above the normal green mods), and I remember him making an idiot of himself defending Mason's "logo blackmail" attempt against the PPA. Like pretty much the whole board was telling Mason what a jerk and control freak he was being, and ProfessionalPoker was still sticking up for him, acting like the perfect corporate yes-man.

It's amazing sometimes how out-of-touch the powers-that-be at 2+2 are.

I would totally understand NOT giving Daniel a free pass for legitimate rule breakages. I can respect the "all rules apply to everyone" approach. However, Daniel wasn't breaking any rules, he wasn't hurting anyone, and this was pretty much a shakedown for money. They are so shortsighted over there that they don't realize that Daniel's presence brings traffic and content, and that it's hugely valuable to have big name pros on your forum. Therefore, you don't try to squeeze every dollar out of them when they take a second to promote one of their projects.

Idiots.
    He's not just a big name pro, he is THE big name pro in poker right now. By far the most followed and relevant voice in poker at the moment (whether you agree with him or not) and when you fuck with him he fights back. He's blogged about it, gone on QJ, and you can bet your last dollar that his next vlog will cover the topic. It would be like a network getting into a spat with Conan O'Brien (did that happen???), even if you win you still come out looking really bad and minus a lot of viewers.

2+2 has only been really big since about 2005, they are hardly an established entity --RGP, PokerPages, and other sites crashed and burned after similar runs. You knw Daniel is going to have an opinion on anything that goes down in the poker world, and people are going to seek out HIS opinion. I write for this industry and can tell you that nobody really cares where Shaun Deeb, FoxwoodsFiend, and NoahSD post about things (putting their name in a headline isn't going to get any hits for a poker news outlet). When other "names" start realizing that Negreanu is one who is quoted in articles they'll go find where Negreanu posts, so they are in the newsworthy, relevant, thread.

There aren't many names in poker who can carry a headline, and Negreanu is one of them --every outlet has already carried the banning story
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information